Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O'Callaghan let go

Maximus

Jul 24, 2007
Brighton
Ipswich have released G.oC -

"George O'Callaghan is expected to rejoin Cork City after being told he can leave Ipswich on a free transfer.
The midfielder made over 150 appearances for Cork before moving to Ipswich at the start of last season.

"George is a great lad but he's 28 now and needs to be playing regular first-team football," Ipswich manager Jim Magilton told the club's website.

"We have not been able to give him that here and we won't stand in his way of moving on now."

Shame.

Maximus

Jul 24, 2007
Brighton
I don't think Dick Knight would want him back after his outburst. I think Bertain has more chance of a contract with us!

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
That is such a shame because think of how good that signing would have gone!

I expect he'll end up back in League 1!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
That'll teach him to keep his mouth shut.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
That'll teach him to keep his mouth shut.

Absolute f***ing crap, he was damned right to mention that something wasn't right. I am a supporter of Knight and the club, but he made a mistake when he lashed out at ocallaghan the way he did. GOC wasn't necessarily even having a pop directly at Knight or the board, maybe he was having a go at the system? He would have been a terrific player for us, but due to the over-zealousness of our chairman, he probably won't be back now.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Absolute f***ing crap, he was damned right to mention that something wasn't right. I am a supporter of Knight and the club, but he made a mistake when he lashed out at ocallaghan the way he did. GOC wasn't necessarily even having a pop directly at Knight or the board, maybe he was having a go at the system? He would have been a terrific player for us, but due to the over-zealousness of our chairman, he probably won't be back now.

Of course he won't be back. He didn't want to play for us! What was DK meant to do?!

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Never wanted to be here, onlyused us as a chance to get in the shop window, which hasn't worked.

Came across as arrogant and wasn't as good as half on here make out, hence why no other club has snapped him up

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Never wanted to be here, onlyused us as a chance to get in the shop window, which hasn't worked.

Came across as arrogant and wasn't as good as half on here make out, hence why no other club has snapped him up

That's been my opinion of him all along, and his cameo on the DVD just confirmed that we're better off without him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here