Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Issues??

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Been pretty successful so far given we are up to four pages now on this thread. Luckily most people seem to see it for what it is.

Four pages on a fairly obscure (in the scheme of things) messageboard though....not exactly front page of the Times, you have to admit.

Surely if what these people wanted was, as Mustafa claims, exposure for their views and issues then they'd have had a go at the BBC, or Twitter or something. That's what I don't understand. :shrug:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
The Syrian people don't want their country bombed. They are terrified of the Islamist extremists gaining any kind of advantage and massacring even more people. The reason for this hack campaign is clearly to raise awareness about these issues which the Western media largely ignores.

Perhaps you would be self serving too if you were in their shoes.

They're reeeeally clever if they think that hacking websites and pissing people off is going to help their cause.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Four pages on a fairly obscure (in the scheme of things) messageboard though....not exactly front page of the Times, you have to admit.

Surely if what these people wanted was, as Mustafa claims, exposure for their views and issues then they'd have had a go at the BBC, or Twitter or something. That's what I don't understand. :shrug:

I think they have already done them and Huffington Post previously.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
You lot should consider what they are saying - it is not a malicious message, it's a very important one.
He's right it is a very important message, except....

I didn't read it
I closed the page as soon as it appeared in case it was dangerous
What little I did see, didn't endear me to the message or the messenger
It pissed me off

.....so all in all it wasn't a very successful attempt at persuasion. Very irritating though, which may have been the idea.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009

Maybe they have. Who knows? My first thought when seeing it was to read it then come back later when Bozza sorted it out plus i'm sure they must have targetted other sites. And BBc or Twitter are obviously less easy to hack. Pretty clever move I thought albeit most people won't agree with what they had to say.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
If they could, they would. NSC is relatively easy to hack - sites like BBC, Twitter etc will have very expensive security systems in place to prevent such attacks.

So basically they're airing their issues by picking on what they perceive to be easy targets. Again, can't see how it helps their cause at all.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Maybe they have. Who knows? My first thought when seeing it was to read it then come back later when Bozza sorted it out plus i'm sure they must have targetted other sites. And BBc or Twitter are obviously less easy to hack. Pretty clever move I thought albeit most people won't agree with what they had to say.

It's not a case of agreement or disagreement with the message, it's a case that hacking NSC to deliver it makes no sense.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
It's not a case of agreement or disagreement with the message, it's a case that hacking NSC to deliver it makes no sense.

Well it does, because we get a lot of people posting and they are probably targeting football fan websites which means they are getting through to a lot of people through websites that are much more easy to hack than the BBC or Twitter.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
It was like a scene out of a Batman fight!.............. THWACK............. POWWWWWW...............BIFFF..............SOCK..........SPLATTT....... but I had them in the end!!!

image.jpg
This came to mind I don't know why.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
It was like a scene out of a Batman fight!.............. THWACK............. POWWWWWW...............BIFFF..............SOCK..........SPLATTT....... but I had them in the end!!!

I don't think any of us had any doubt about who would win this fight. The americans and the french are nothing compared to Hitony. I salute you!

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I don't think any of us had any doubt about who would win this fight. The americans and the french are nothing compared to Hitony. I salute you!

In fairness I did have help, I had 2 of them and Bozza had the third........hitony & Bozza.........does it have the same ring as......Batman & Robin???

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If they could, they would. NSC is relatively easy to hack - sites like BBC, Twitter etc will have very expensive security systems in place to prevent such attacks.

The Syrian Electron Soldiers, or Army or whatever they call themselves have already successfully hacked the NY Times, BBC, Harvard University, numerous Twitter accounts, but have in turn been attacked in retaliation by Anonymous on numerous occasions as well.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
While Bozza was patrolling the streets of NSC city ensuring they were safe for one and all, I was in the NSC Cave using all the modern technology we have in there, and the root sauce was then found, I got on the NSC Phone and alerted Bozza and between us we "THWACKED" them!!! POWWWWW BIFFFFFF SOCKKKKKK BINFESTTTTTTT

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here