Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now Murray's back, how do you feel ?

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I think he will very much be a starter, Bournemouth paid 4 mil for him about 12 months ago, do you seriously think that in that time he has lost it ?
No one can replace the great B Z, IF he had signed from a hospital bed, I would still have been delighted, but come on, Glenn has been brought in to strengthen the squad and improve it, not as a bench warmer.
I think every squad needs a couple of experienced pro's, and we now have ours.
Cannot wait for the season to start.

Didn't do much at Bournemouth did he? Jury is out on how much of a contribution he will make. I can't see a strike force of Hemed and Murray too often as they are too similar, so assuming he is in direct competition with a player who had a good 1st season in England and will presumably improve for the experience he may not be the certain starter you expect. I might be wrong, but for me I don't see him playing 40 games next season, I do however, see him starting a lot more than BZ did. He does have quality and to be fair he was dog slow when he was 25 so the age factor won't be as big as with some players, he will last longer than a striker who plays on the shoulder of the last man, but his age does have to come into the equation. If he plays 40 games and scores 20 goals great. I don't wish him any ill at all but I also don't see him as the Messiah like so many do here...

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Pleased - a decent addition to the squad and replacement for Bobby Z.

Should never have let him go in the first place but then we may not have enjoyed watching Leo Ulloa in the stripes so all good at the end of the day.

Glad we have Tomer Hemed for penalty duty though as Murray has always been shite from the spot.

Not really sure this is a valid point as we would have been in the prem, IMHO. So hardly worth it just to see Leo.

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
This is a reunion of convenience. Murray wasn't getting playing time and lives in Brighton, Albion have benefitted from the experience of former favourites last season and don't have huge amounts to spend on strikers. Like a relationship that broke down, followed by 5 years separation and promiscuity on both sides, the reconciliation is tenuous! Let's hope it works, but it is anything but romantic!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The best thing that could happen here is that we draw Palace in the cup, he scores an 87th minute winner at Selhurst and then celebrates in front of their end.

That would be even more satisfying than a w4nk and a pot noodle. :thumbsup:

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Glenn adds experience, guile and goalscoring ability to the squad, so it's a good move all round. If he can stay fit, I can see him playing a significant role this season though not always starting. Will depend mostly who he's played with. Still need a young, pacey goalscorer to rival/surpass Baldock.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Excellent signing. PROVEN goalscorer at this level and much fitter than Bobby. With the marquee striker signing still come this is a very solid move by the club.

As for the judas stuff, utter nonsense. Poyet didn't want to keep him and Palace made him an offer he ultimately could not refuse. Murray should be the aggreived party here as his contribution to the side was not valued by the management. He has done nothing but conduct himself in a dignified manner whilst still retaining strong links to Brighton. I am delighted he is back, I'm glad it was sorted early and am no looking forward to seeing who we will unveil next.

So glad to have a good news story to comment at last.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Don't really care about him going to Palace, don't care about him moving for more money, just a little concerned that he is not the player he was. Time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He won't be the same player he was for Palace when he scored 31 goals in a Championship season, but that's because he won't have the service he had back then. He'll still be a better player than when you last had him in League One. I can't understand why some Brighton fans aren't excited about this. He's the best striker you've had since Ulloa.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I see no reason to change my view when first told of his return - "I have a feeling he's going to have a goal fest of a season for us - 23 goals; and auto! UTA"

#top2

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Not overly fussed about it to be honest.

It's been a long time since he was here and a lot has happened. He has barely played in recent seasons so it feels like getting any other lower half premier league bencher

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Murray is a class act, always has been and always will be. In contrast to Hemed, his first touch literally sticks to him and his ability to read the game and see passes where others may not will fully compliment the other dangerous, attacking men we now have in the team such as Knockaert, Murphy, and Skalak. He is a bloody intelligent footballer.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Well with Newcastle and Villa in the Championship this year, I feel it's going to need someone with a bit more razzmatazz up front. But at the price, I'm not upset to have him on the books, and if he finds his Withdean form ...brilliant!

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
He won't be the same player he was for Palace when he scored 31 goals in a Championship season, but that's because he won't have the service he had back then. He'll still be a better player than when you last had him in League One. I can't understand why some Brighton fans aren't excited about this. He's the best striker you've had since Ulloa.

You seem to know a lot about us....closet Brighton fan?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Happy to have him back but appreciate that we still need another striker. Hemed will improve with a striker that takes the weight off him I feel, Baldock will benefit from a striker with better hold-up play. Murray adds both of those things. What we need now is a pacy striker IMO.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Every club is looking for that elusive striker and some will be paying crazy money for attacking players that have no Championship experience and may be unknown quantities in English football generally.

We've got a proven Championship goal scorer without much financial outlay. Good business I'd say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here