Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now Murray's back, how do you feel ?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I'm not happy, I know some if not most on here fail to acknowledge a rivalry with Palace but I'm old enough to remember the 70s. As far as I'm concerned there is more to this than player leaves then comes back, in my world there's more to football and supporting a club than 90 minutes on the pitch every week, but hey I'm in a minority here, you can kiss his arse as much as you like but count me out

So if I offered you promotion with Murray or no promotion without him, would you seriously want the latter? Most of us aren't kissing his arse. We think we've strengthened the squad by signing him. As far as I am concerned, that is the most important thing

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Nah, you see it only works one way in their blinkered world, although to be fair to Murray, signing with a Bic pen in some drafty portakabin excuse for an office that had yet to receive it's cladding makeover would be enough to make anyone scowl, wondering what the hell they had let themselves in for.

Can you imagine it,
" what a tinpot club, what the f**k have I done ? All for 2 grand more a week, we've got no chance of going up.
Wish I stayed at Brighton with their shiny new stadium, now they ARE premier league ready " :ffsparr:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can you imagine it,
" what a tinpot club, what the f**k have I done ? All for 2 grand more a week, we've got no chance of going up.
Wish I stayed at Brighton with their shiny new stadium, now they ARE premier league ready " :ffsparr:

Found the proof for your ridiculous allegation that we are paying 3 million for a season's loan? You might be better off proving your silly posts rather than trying to be a comedian

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Sometimes it's better to die on your feet than live on your knees

We will have to agree to disagree. Murray went to Palace because he got a better offer. That is football. He never celebrated a goal against us despite scoring key goals when playing for our rivals and getting abuse from fans. He clearly wants to come back. All of this would be irrelevant if he wasn't going to improve the team. I think he will improve us

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Can you imagine it,

So poor, alas I can only come up with this as it still brings a wry smile.

pardew-dance.gif

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
We will have to agree to disagree. Murray went to Palace because he got a better offer. That is football. He never celebrated a goal against us despite scoring key goals when playing for our rivals and getting abuse from fans. He clearly wants to come back. All of this would be irrelevant if he wasn't going to improve the team. I think he will improve us

Not forgetting that Gus didn't rate him and preferred the endeavour and lovely hair of CMS and refused to give him the wage rise that would have kept him here.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Found the proof for your ridiculous allegation that we are paying 3 million for a season's loan? You might be better off proving your silly posts rather than trying to be a comedian

A 7 figure loan fee plus £30 k a week wages.
Howe wanted ALL his wages paid, that's why it fell through in January..

I'm certainly not going to fall out with you over this.

wilko1

Feb 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Still think he is Judas
However I will admit that he never celebrated when he scored against us
That helps....but for me he is Bobby's bench warming replacement
Plus on loan makes me feel better( yes wages but no transfer fee)
Now let's get a real striker

P

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Umm, THAT is your proof? Ok then :rolleyes:

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Its July not January, things change. Andy Naylor says no fee has been paid although I suspect we are paying all his wages.

wilko1

Feb 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Still think he is Judas
However I will admit that he never celebrated when he scored against us
That helps....but for me he is Bobby's bench warming replacement
Plus on loan makes me feel better( yes wages but no transfer fee)
Now let's get a real striker

P

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I don't care about his past it's the future that counts. He is a better all round player than Wilson and adds experience to the side. Great signing in my book.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Don't think he is a Judas and never wanted him to leave but he is past his best. Comes back as Bobby's replacement and scores a few off the bench then fine, but would be disappointed if we are pinning our hopes on him as a starter...

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I could never be too impressed at his not celebrating goals. The apparent respect didn't seem to stop him diving to win a penalty against us, but then he comes across as a pragmatic professional and I don't think he is too interested in fan adulation. If he shows the ability he has shown previously in the Championship he would be someone I would much rather have on our side than against us, particularly because his hold up play, heading and finishing make him just the type of striker our current style needs. If fit he provides excellent competition for Hemed. We now need someone to challenge Baldock.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here