Now Murray's back, how do you feel ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Personally I’m very happy with this. He’s a proven goalscorer at this level, and with the service he’ll get from our wide players I think we could hang our hats on 10-15 goals for him this season, fitness permitting. He’s pushing 33, but his game was never about pace anyway, he’s a clever finisher in the box and his hold-up play has always been decent. He’s not got quite as many miles on the clock as BZ, so I’m hopeful he’ll go deeper into the season than Bobby managed.

The Palace thing does not bother me in the slightest, in fact the class he showed in not overly celebrating when he scored against us put him well in credit with me. We’ll still certainly need to bring in another forward with some pace to supplement what we have IMO, but I’m pleased at this deal, and also happy at the timing, as he’ll get almost a full pre-season under his belt with us now.

Whats not to like ?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He's not the only striker returning in August.

People are forgetting Chris O'Grady is back from his loan spell too.

If Chris Hughton has to choose from Hemed, Murray, Wells and Baldock that should cover most bases.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He's not the only striker returning in August.

People are forgetting Chris O'Grady is back from his loan spell too.

If Chris Hughton has to choose from Hemed, Murray, Wells and Baldock that should cover most bases.
Wells?

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
He won't be the same player he was for Palace when he scored 31 goals in a Championship season, but that's because he won't have the service he had back then. He'll still be a better player than when you last had him in League One. I can't understand why some Brighton fans aren't excited about this. He's the best striker you've had since Ulloa.

Yes, that’s right, Knockaert, Skalak, Murphy, March and Lua Lua...donkeys, the lot of them…

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Palace fans need to remember that Murray looks like he has accidentally shot his mother when he scores against us, but, when Bournemouth beat Palace, he cannot take to Twitter to gloat quickly enough.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Welcome to the BHARHMFES (Brighton & Hove Albion Retirement Home For Ex-Strikers)
The most generous pension scheme along the South Coast.
£2 mil a year can be all yours for the bargain premium of just 7 goals per season.
Who's turn will it be next year ? Andy Ritchie ? Gary Nelson ? Malcolm Posket ? Michael Robinson ?

Very silly post. If you genuinely think Murray will contribute 7 goals or so, you are football-illiterate.

He is a very, very good player. Far better than the strikers we currently possess.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I feel good about this. I was there when Murray made his original home debut (I think?!?) at Withdean against Crewe. He bagged two goals, nothing to do with pace, all about movement, intelligent decision making and brilliant finishing. Can he still do it? with this is mind, yes - why not?!? This could be, albeit perhaps his last, golden season. I'm in and I'm balls deep.

As for the Palace thing, well I don't 'do' that whole arch enemy shite anyway.

Go get 'em Glenn.

Kosh

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Very silly post. If you genuinely think Murray will contribute 7 goals or so, you are football-illiterate.

He is a very, very good player. Far better than the strikers we currently possess.

But..........But..............he didn't clap the fans at Brentford who had been wittily chanting that he should 'Ditch the Bitch' at Brentford, and is therefore a WANKA.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Pleased he is back but we need more if we want to get top 6

Cant make sense of this comment.

Why do we ? last year we were top scorers with striker injury problems and were in the running for the title with 1 game to go.

Why will we need more to not suddenly fall 6 places into the chasing pack.

We've lost Zamora and Wilson and gained Murray.

There are a few on paper better sides this year but I don't see so many to push us down to 7th based on your comment.

Interested to hear

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
T

Why do we ? last year we were top scorers with striker injury problems and were in the running for the title with 1 game to go.

Why will we need more to not suddenly fall 6 places into the chasing pack.

This is often quoted but is only true because we scored 4 in 2 games at the end of the season. At Easter we were not the top neither were we when we were top of the league pre December?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
This is often quoted but is only true because we scored 4 in 2 games at the end of the season. At Easter we were not the top neither were we when we were top of the league pre December?

Even if we were or wernt , we were a very very good side from January (with new signings) and before

My point was to the comment we need more to get 6th.

Assuming we lose nobody then I cant see how we will fail to be competing for the top 3.

We do need the pacey proven player of course but if we don't then we've proven we can mix it

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would agree and expect play offs but hope for automatic as opposed to last year when I expected mid table and hoped for play offs. Does anybody know if he has flown out to join the team training in Teneriffe?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
How do i feel ? i feel like this ....

funny-gif-guy-dancing-store-crazy.gif

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I would agree and expect play offs but hope for automatic as opposed to last year when I expected mid table and hoped for play offs. Does anybody know if he has flown out to join the team training in Teneriffe?

Apparently last minute flights are too expensive, so he'll be doing fitness training at Lancing all week

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports