Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North stand standing what a joke

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Rather than resorting to cheap insults what you say is correct on discretion, the clubs needs to either enforce a no standing policy or not.

Currently it seems to be erratic

I think the club has been clear on it myself, just people dont follow what the club has said - yet the stewards dont do what the club are saying what should happen.

theyellowdinosaur

Nov 29, 2011
If you lot didn't break the law you wouldn't be ejected. There is no sense saying 'but everybody else does it'. That doesn't matter at all, the law is the law. If you stand up then f***ing leave the stadium.

Piss off you didn't see it yourself so why do you think you can comment on his behaviour. The steward told us that it was Paul Barbers instructions so how come Barber cant come to the stand himself and explain why, the guy who was kicked out has been to loads of matches and some people don't realise that when results start going against us and we have a relegation battle that it won't be all these new fans who are supporting the team it will be people like him there whilst the plastics are back watching sky sports.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Piss off you didn't see it yourself so why do you think you can comment on his behaviour. The steward told us that it was Paul Barbers instructions so how come Barber cant come to the stand himself and explain why, the guy who was kicked out has been to loads of matches and some people don't realise that when results start going against us and we have a relegation battle that it won't be all these new fans who are supporting the team it will be people like him there whilst the plastics are back watching sky sports.

He still stood and broke the law, no matter how many matches he went to. You have to remember it isn't Brighton making these rules, it is Parliament.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
So, its fine to break the LAW right?

If the law is stupid or wrong then yeah of course it is.

Blanketly doing what you are told without questioning it at all is what lead to the Holocaust.

Granted tho not quite on the same scale.

Perhaps motorway speed limits are a better analogy :D

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
He still stood and broke the law, no matter how many matches he went to. You have to remember it isn't Brighton making these rules, it is Parliament.

It's ***** like you that are ruining this game. You'll never, ever understand why.

Next time you drive at 31mph in a 30 mph limit I hope they fine you £50000 and take your driving licence away for 20 years.

Oh and by the way, you might want to check your facts about parliament making a law that people at the Amex have to sit in their seats, because you're wrong. They haven't.

Last edited:

dave hylands

Feb 13, 2009
Eastbourne
I saw the entire thing unfold as was sitting about 3 rows behind to the right of the chap who was thrown out. As somebody who sits in the back four rows I like to stand and also, at times, like to sit down. Some people infront of me DO create an issue by standing in pockets of 3/4 people persistently and this is evidentally against the rules. But, one person does not cause this problem and today as per usual one person was singled out. IF he was arrested for what happened then not only is it astonishing but the stewards are also lying.

The gentleman was among a number of fans asked to sit, he did not refuse or swear at the steward but raised his voice in stating it was ridiculous, like a number of others have done. He stated to the steward that if anybody behind him was annoyed then he would sit. This is how the convo went. He said this with a raised voice and this was enough for the stewards to chuck him out. They stated he would be thrown out and at half time had 4 police officers and about 6 stewards waiting for him, whilst they also said they would take his season ticket. IF he has been arrested then they also lied as he left quietly, did not behave disorderly and infact the stewards stated he would not be arrested for what had happened.

Every single fan was shocked at the manner in which he was treated. It will only anger people in the stand. The steward also had the cheek to say you could "write to the club" to which many laughed as from experience a reply is never forthcoming. It is a complete joke the way people are ushered out in the stand. It is all very black and white, you are treated like a child there is no reasoning. Any slight discrepancy and you are out. No warnings. No nothing. The guy thrown out was the most unthreatening, unassuming man who has sat there since the ground opened in a group of people who regularly back the team. You have people smoking, drinking and being abusive to one and other in sections of the stand and people are thrown out for this.

Take it from me, it was an utter joke he was thrown out and worthy of a protest, seriously. I dont come to post much on here anymore but the way he was treated makes me feel very distant and unatatched to this club. Its more that people are treated. Its there passion and release for some people and the stewards do not understand this.

Totally agree if someone breaks the rules then give them a warning, but the way this was handled was totally wrong, for two years not even a word to him and now he was the unlucky one, I for one will email the club and let them know I will also be making a statement for his appeal.
I don't know the guy but have never seen or Hurd of ant trouble from him or that area. In the last two years.
If the guy who got kicked out reads this pm me.
Really took the edge of the game for me and many around me

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think the club has been clear on it myself, just people dont follow what the club has said - yet the stewards dont do what the club are saying what should happen.

I take it that is the last 4 rows can stand ?

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011

No, its not right to break the law if you personally find it stupid or wrong. It has been put in place for a reason.

Motorway speed limits are there for safety. You telling me you should control a car at 200mph? What if someone decided to drive at 70mph? Would you be able to slow down in time?

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Stewards on a mission today. Four of them came to where I was sitting and were more over zealous than they usually are. They then stood in the way so we couldn't see the game. We asked them to move but totally ignored us. Then when they were asked if they were going to stay there all game, the response was 'we might do we don't know yet'. That kind of response is designed to get an aggressive response from us ,unfortunately for them they didn't get one. Now before any chips in Yes we was sitting down and never cause any trouble what so ever,two of us in our fifties and the other is my son.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Stewards on a mission today. Four of them came to where I was sitting and were more over zealous than they usually are. They then stood in the way so we couldn't see the game. We asked them to move but totally ignored us. Then when they were asked if they were going to stay there all game, the response was 'we might do we don't know yet'. That kind of response is designed to get an aggressive response from us ,unfortunately for them they didn't get one. Now before any chips in Yes we was sitting down and never cause any trouble what so ever,two of us in our fifties and the other is my son.

I would seriously write a letter of complaint to the club if a steward deliberately blocked your view and you were sitting.

That is totally wrong

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

Blanketly doing what you are told without questioning it at all is what lead to the Holocaust.

Granted tho not quite on the same scale.

So if i think the law in murdering people is wrong, im allowed to go and kill people as in your mind thats "allowed" ? Pathetic.

I take it that is the last 4 rows can stand ?

Not stand for the whole game, but it is "relaxed". The incident was NOT in the rear 4 rows.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So if i think the law in murdering people is wrong, im allowed to go and kill people as in your mind thats "allowed" ? Pathetic.

Not stand for the whole game, but it is "relaxed". The incident was NOT in the rear 4 rows.

Well that is plain stupid unless "relaxed" is defined

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
What a bell end you really are lets just sterilise football and always do what we are told you are a tool

If being a "bellend" means going to a game, enjoying a pie and a pint, cheering on my team WITHOUT upsetting anyone or causing any unnecessary trouble then yes I'm a Bellend!

I'll point out again that it's always the North stand moaning about stewards....

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
A steward asked me to sit down today. I politely declined..

My new season ticket moved me from from Y (formally the last row) to the new row Z. However the club didn't put any seats in!! About 10 of us stood at the back of the North today because we had season tickets to seats that didn't exist! The row was there, but no seats in place.. Wonderful!

I spoke to the club after the game so that they were aware and I hope to get it sorted before Palace!

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough

And that law gets broken every week up and down the country and every game at Falmer by away fans.
The law is an ass and so is Barber for double standards.Get the stewards to apply the same LAW to away fans,make the away fans sit or shove his hypo critic standards up his arse.

South Stand Rebel

Sep 6, 2012
I think the problem lies in having four rows at the back standing. Either make the whole North Stand standing or none of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here