Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North stand standing what a joke

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
When you buy a ticket you form a contract with the club. When you go against their ground regulations you have broken the contract and thus the solution can be found in contract law

You mean you've just Googled it and realised that you were wrong, there is no law against standing and this was the best reply you could come up with without admitting your mistake?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think the last 4 rows ruling, just muddy's the water. As it is 'apparently' in breach of the ground regulations (which are required for the safety certificate) to stand, why is it only partially enforced? The ruling should be 'all or nothing'.

Providing people aren't objecting from a viewing perspective I really don't see the problem and the club should review the safety certificate with the relevant authorities or enforce it properly.

However, that aside if supporters aren't doing as requested by the stewards, they put themselves in a difficult position.

What happens at other grounds then...surely this same problem exists else where (upper east stander and we all stood for the penalty ummmm)

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
You mean you've just Googled it and realised that you were wrong, there is no law against standing and this was the best reply you could come up with without admitting your mistake?

Nope, I knew that was the law. We covered it at university. You still break the law regardless.

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
The thing that REALLY gets me is how intolerant the "obey the ground regs" tossers are, The choice of standing by fans has NO IMPACT on their enjoyment of the game but they have to keep trotting out the same sad trite line.
I choose to SIT in the WSU to ensure my 7 y.o. grandson gets a good view but appreciate and cherish the fact others prefer to stand,they should be allowed that choice.

When is Barber going to enforce the ground regs properly and insist away fans sit?(cowardice on the part of the Stewards charged with enforcing ground regs in the away area is no excuse) when is he going to make Gus poyet sit?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Steward told me before the game that they were out to eject someone to prove a point and make example, all for the palace game.

Really? so all the stewards get a briefing and one of them leaks it to you ?

I also believe in Santa Claus

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
The thing that REALLY gets me is how intolerant the "obey the ground regs" tossers are, The choice of standing by fans has NO IMPACT on their enjoyment of the game but they have to keep trotting out the same sad trite line.

So if you went to the theatre or cinema and the guy in front decided he fancied standing throughout the performance I take it you would be tolerant of that?

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Football is a passionate game and grounds need atmosphere, officials are trying to sterilise it fuckin wankers. I've always said that the stewards at Brighton have double standards and deliberately pick on home supporters. I've said before on this forum when the likes of Millwall are down here they get away with anything. Fans who go in the North stand know people will stand and sing so whats the problem.

This. When Millwall last came down they spent a lot of the time throwing coins and bottles at the Brighton fans in the south stand but the stewards didn't attempt to do anything about that. Yet I've been told to sit down in the South stand when no one was sitting in the next two rows behind me.

The only way to fix this problem is for safe standing to be made legal and be installed in the Amex. But that isn't going to happen anytime soon.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
If some heinous crime was being committed through the game then where did the stewards go in the second half? Once they had needlessly picked on one man and thrown him out at half time they all disappeared in the second half. It was as if they had been tasked to throw someone out to make a point and then leave anyone else alone. Totally inconsistent and hypocritical.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Im sorry i didn't realise you were fighting some form of oppressive regime. This rule is there for a reason in the club's opinion and it doesn't breach some form of vital human right that makes all these people martyrs for the cause. I imagine they might be rude judging from many of the Brighton fans on here and the smart asses who think they are standing up for something (pardon the phrase) when really they are making a mountain out of a molehill. Want to fight for a cause how about those poor buggers in Syria? or how about women's rights in the Middle East? Too many people complain about nonsense these days and forget the important issues or the plights of others in their workplaces.

It makes no difference what cause you fight for, as long as you do fight.

I personally support many causes and will fight for those, but this is a Albion forum so this "cause" is relevant to discuss here.

The fact is that conforming for conforming's sake gets us nowhere.

Fight the man!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I choose to SIT in the WSU to ensure my 7 y.o. grandson gets a good view but appreciate and cherish the fact others prefer to stand,they should be allowed that choice.

Absolutely. The stadium holds over thirty thousand people. There is one stand that holds two and a half thousand people, which is widely acknowledged to be a bit rowdier than the rest, and to be somewhere where ground regulations aren't followed as stringently. This stand covers under 10% of the stadium, so why in God's name would you choose to sit there if you are such a stickler for the rules and can't bear anyone bending them? I just don't understand it.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
If some heinous crime was being committed through the game then where did the stewards go in the second half? Once they had needlessly picked on one man and thrown him out at half time they all disappeared in the second half. It was as if they had been tasked to throw someone out to make a point and then leave anyone else alone. Totally inconsistent and hypocritical.
Exactly.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
It makes no difference what cause you fight for, as long as you do fight.

I personally support many causes and will fight for those, but this is a Albion forum so this "cause" is relevant to discuss here.

The fact is that conforming for conforming's sake gets us nowhere.

Fight the man!

Bit of a rebel aren't we.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here