Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North stand standing what a joke

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
So if i think the law in murdering people is wrong, im allowed to go and kill people as in your mind thats "allowed" ? Pathetic.

Depends on circumstances. If some paedo touched up my kid then I would murder him, and be right to do so.

If loads of other people were standing at football and so was I, doing no wrong but breaking the law this is also OK.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
No, its not right to break the law if you personally find it stupid or wrong. It has been put in place for a reason.

Motorway speed limits are there for safety. You telling me you should control a car at 200mph? What if someone decided to drive at 70mph? Would you be able to slow down in time?

I could yeah, but I am a very good driver.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Depends on circumstances. If some paedo touched up my kid then I would murder him, and be right to do so.

If loads of other people were standing at football and so was I, doing no wrong but breaking the law this is also OK.

The phrase "2 wrongs dont make a right" is important for this topic.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
No, its not right to break the law if you personally find it stupid or wrong. It has been put in place for a reason.

Could you tell me which law has been broken, please?

And as for the point you make, I believe it was the law that you had to shop Jews to the Gestapo in Nazi Germany. So I assume you'd have been right up for this, as after all, it was the law?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
North stand block c has stood down to row s since the beginning. 40 plus games. Today, apparently, it was not allowed.

Guy involved stood his ground but did not swear and was not aggressive. Just asked for an explanation of why. Apparently complaints from rows behind. Odd after 40 plus games. Someone new, who knows?

Think the club should have managed better, and I'm generally supportive of club. Yes I know all about the back four rows, but then it should have been enforced from game one.

Officials came back at half time and after a discussion the guy left peacefully.

These are proper supporters, trying to support their team. Sad day in my mind.

didnt see it as im west upper,but loads on train saying he deserved it,was very aggresive,end of the day stewards are all on a powertrip,roll on scum

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
So if i think the law in murdering people is wrong, im allowed to go and kill people as in your mind thats "allowed" ? Pathetic.

Not stand for the whole game, but it is "relaxed". The incident was NOT in the rear 4 rows.

Could you please tell us which law it is that has been broken?

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
He stood, that's enough for an ejection. It doesn't matter if others were doing it, it doesn't matter if he was singled out. If he persistently stood then he should quite rightly be ejected. Hope you are next.

you're boring me now.

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
Quite right.

We must obey all rules no matter how unnecessary they are, and we should definitely obey anybody with any pseudo-authority no matter how rude or ignorant they are.

Im sorry i didn't realise you were fighting some form of oppressive regime. This rule is there for a reason in the club's opinion and it doesn't breach some form of vital human right that makes all these people martyrs for the cause. I imagine they might be rude judging from many of the Brighton fans on here and the smart asses who think they are standing up for something (pardon the phrase) when really they are making a mountain out of a molehill. Want to fight for a cause how about those poor buggers in Syria? or how about women's rights in the Middle East? Too many people complain about nonsense these days and forget the important issues or the plights of others in their workplaces.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I take it that is the last 4 rows can stand ?

I think the last 4 rows ruling, just muddy's the water. As it is 'apparently' in breach of the ground regulations (which are required for the safety certificate) to stand, why is it only partially enforced? The ruling should be 'all or nothing'.

Providing people aren't objecting from a viewing perspective I really don't see the problem and the club should review the safety certificate with the relevant authorities or enforce it properly.

However, that aside if supporters aren't doing as requested by the stewards, they put themselves in a difficult position.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think the last 4 rows ruling, just muddy's the water. As it is 'apparently' in breach of the ground regulations (which are required for the safety certificate) to stand, why is it only partially enforced? The ruling should be 'all or nothing'.

Providing people aren't objecting from a viewing perspective I really don't see the problem and the club should review the safety certificate with the relevant authorities or enforce it properly.

However, that aside if supporters aren't doing as requested by the stewards, they put themselves in a difficult position.

I entirely agree you can't really say you can stand if your seat is in these rows but not in others.

It has to be either one or the other

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
If you're in the North stand, you're going to get the 'up for a ruck' stewards, so why take a chance on losing your season ticket?

.....but then I'm not 18 any more, I like the quiet life and avoid confrontation if possible. I understand others aren't as meek as me.

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea

This post makes more sense then anything else posted on this thread!! Well done sir, spot on!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I reckon there's nothing more embarrassing in a game than "we're the North Stand, we'll do what we want". I'm in the North Stand and i don't do just what i want. Why would i when i have the simple realisation that i am not the only individual there and maybe me doing just what i want might not be all that nice for people around me. We're not all the same in there, and nor should we be and surely being part of a crowd means caring a little about the others within it rather than saying I WANT IT TO BE THE 80s AGAIN, SO THERE.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Could you tell me which law has been broken, please?

When you buy a ticket you form a contract with the club. When you go against their ground regulations you have broken the contract and thus the solution can be found in contract law

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here