Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] North stand embarrassing!

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
The haranguing of Verbruggen was embarrassing, if you can’t hack de Zerbi ball when it goes wrong you don’t deserve it when we’re playing Man Utd, Arsenal or Newcastle off the park.

One of our great achievements in recent seasons is creating an atmosphere where young talent can thrive, this wasn’t it. Anyone who was joining in deserved the rebuke from Dunk.
Totally this. The general grumbling every time BV got the ball was absolutely pathetic and anyone who got involved in this should be utterly ashamed. It's LITERALLY our identity and a massive part of why we're deservedly 3rd in the league FFS. Morons :mad:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Good thread. Anyone who thinks we have decent home support at The Amex is completely deluded. The only consolation is that it is mirrored across most of the Premier League.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
"We" have managed a mostly supportive atmosphere based on playing some of the best football in the world over the past 18 months. As soon as its not so good the second club JCL moaners get their opportunity...

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Always the same though isn't it bar 5 games ,they haven't a scooby how to support 🙄

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
At least we now know the answer to the hypothetical question posed a week or two back: what would happen if the opposition just stood there and refused to be drawn out of position while our defender (keeper) just stood there rolling the ball about under their foot? The answer, we now know is: the crowd don't take long to get on the defender's back. Cheers for clearing that one up Bournemouth :lolol:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Agreed. It was a poor first half, but it's not as if the team didn't know that. They'd have been trying to work out how to fix the issue. Jeering them into playing a pass they weren't wanting to play is hardly the solution.
Most sensible comment on this thread…..

I would change poor to terrible though 😃

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This IS embarrassing … your rivals have almost double your points tally. Whatever happened to the effect of a drum and spotty teenagers singing the same two chants?

IMG_2023-09-24-181326.png

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I was in the North stand and the only moaning I heard was at the ref and the linesman 🤷‍♂️.

I think this thread is a case of having and moan for the sake of moaning.

No, the north had had enough of Bart standing with the ball and not passing it when we were 1-0 down. That's understandable, we were all frustrated with the teams lack of ideas/solutions to 'muff standing off us. It's just that moaning/booing (which the north were doing) was not the solution.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
But you were at the game were you not? Did you run home and watch a recording or is this just made up bollocks. As for the rest it’s garbage. People who went to Gillingham sit all around the ground. Having sat in the north a fair while I’ve never ever heard anyone rabble on about Gillingham or being a better fan for being there, unlike yourself who appears to think he’s a better fan because you didnt moan or get frustrated. Football is a game them invokes emotions in fans. If you can’t urge your team on when there behind without it being constrained as criticism we may as all just as well sit on our hands. Even RDZ could see something wasn’t right and made 2 half time changes.
How are the two substitutions made by RDZ connected to abuse thrown at Verbruggen ?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
It's as simple as this. If you are in the North, there is a responsibility on you to help create a bit of atmosphere. Like it or not, that's where it starts (but has gradually degraded since the AMEX started). Get behind the lads, be the 12th man.

If you want to moan about dicking around at the back, the East stand upper and a blanket is where it's at for you.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Frustration being shown from a handful of people who were feeling very anxious and lacking in confidence at what they were seeing from some of our inexperienced youngsters.
Changes were made and everything improved.
No big deal, the fans got behind the team and we became the first non-big six team to win 5 of their first 6 Premier League games.
A thoroughly entertaining second half.

Then I saw his face, Carlos Baleba
Not a trace of doubt in my mind
I'm in love, with Carlos Baleba
I couldn't leave him if I tried.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Just got back from a very enjoyable afternoon in the North Stand. I do remember Bert getting a couple of minutes stick directly after his mistake and Dunk told the North and East to keep it down, which obviously proves that all the hardcore real supporters are in the West :wink:

It settled down quickly but I'm sure someone who wasn't there will make a mountain out of a molehill, rather than talk about the great performances from Dunk, Velts, Wee Billy and the really exciting introduction of Baleba :lolol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
No, the north had had enough of Bart standing with the ball and not passing it when we were 1-0 down. That's understandable, we were all frustrated with the teams lack of ideas/solutions to 'muff standing off us. It's just that moaning/booing (which the north were doing) was not the solution.
The lad was only doing what he'd been told to do. If he'd unilaterally decided to play like that he'd have been subbed off earlydoors. He would have been as freaked out as the rest of us by both sides just standing there like statues. That clearly wasn't in the playbook he'd been given :lol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The lad was only doing what he'd been told to do. If he'd unilaterally decided to play like that he'd have been subbed off earlydoors. He would have been as freaked out as the rest of us by both sides just standing there like statues. That clearly wasn't in the playbook he'd been given :lol:

And there was certainly no negative reaction from our bit of the North :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here