Non Season Ticket Holders Unite - Ticket Plans For Next Season

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
That email is not clear. I think it means that only those with a PSL can use the club to resale the ticket, whereas others can transfer the ticket to a 'friend', so theoretically could sell the ticket on NSC and then use some sort of online system to transfer the ticket to that person. It wouldn't necessarily involve posting the card to the 'friend'.

Crouch End Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Loads of clubs have season ticket exchange schemes. This is from the Tottingham site:
"Ticket Exchange Scheme
Using the Ticket Exchange Scheme, Season Ticket Holders can now make their Season Ticket seat available for resale to One Hotspur Members whenever they are unable to make a match at White Hart Lane, resulting in genuine fans having greater access to tickets."

It shouldn't be that difficult. You tell the club you can't go, they generate a ticket and if that ticket sells you get a refund.

My big concern is that now the club has everyone committed and has this big gauranteed income they're going to care a lot less about the residual support beyond season ticket holders. The direct debit scheme suggests they do have peoples finances in mind so I hope they see sense on this issue. I also think its pretty short sighted to focus entirely on season ticket holders, especially if you want to grow the support.

Try Crystal Palace at least you will see us once in a season.........and they need to sell season tickets

i wouldn't want one of those if they paid me, thanks.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I already know I wont be able to make some of the games due to work and most of the people I know who would want to go to Albion games have a season ticket aswell. Unless I can find someone who wants to go and who I trust there will be an empty seat for some games.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My big concern is that now the club has everyone committed and has this big gauranteed income they're going to care a lot less about the residual support beyond season ticket holders. .

But this would make no sense, as the resale / exchange scheme generates ADDITIONAL profits, both from the admin fee of the resale, and from the match-day spend of the new ticket holder.

Crouch End Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
I already know I wont be able to make some of the games due to work and most of the people I know who would want to go to Albion games have a season ticket aswell. Unless I can find someone who wants to go and who I trust there will be an empty seat for some games.

If this does come to pass maybe NSC could start some kind of Trusted Seagull scheme that brings together season ticket holders with their non season ticket holder brethren.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Perhaps they want the games to be "sold out" to justify the need to increase the capacity. If STHs who can't make it can't easily re-sell their tickets then the demand for 1000 odd general sale tickets would still be high.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So what happens now with all those season ticket holders who can make MOST but not all games, but now discover that they have no way of selling on their seat to someone else for the games they can't make WITHOUT parting with their smartcard - how likely are they to renew next time round ?

As we're moving to season ticket smartcards, there should be an effective ticket exchange in place for ALL fans to use, not just those with PSL's. This is totally counterproductive, and WILL lead to banks of empty seats, particularly on evening games, which can be difficult for some to get to with work commitments, or those with young kids who only bring them at weekends.

Ridiculous.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
But this would make no sense, as the resale / exchange scheme generates ADDITIONAL profits, both from the admin fee of the resale, and from the match-day spend of the new ticket holder.

Conversely it could mean that not as many people will renew their season tickets because they might think that they will more easily be able to get a seat via a ticket exchange, and so a season ticket might not be necessary.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Conversely it could mean that not as many people will renew their season tickets because they might think that they will more easily be able to get a seat via a ticket exchange, and so a season ticket might not be necessary.

Quite the opposite. An effective exchange scheme will keep people tied into their season tickets for future seasons. If they get to the end of this one, and realise that they've missed 6, 7, 8 games, and not been in a position to reclaim any of that money, THAT is what will make them question the value of renewing.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing

I can't see that happening at all. You can just about guarantee that the games you really want to watch won't have many seats being exchanged - and you'll be unlikely to get a great seat either.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
HKFC is right. That answer from Insider suggests a woefully inadequate response from the club.

If new STHs find that they were only able to attend 15 or 16 matches out of 23, they will question the wisdom of renewing UNLESS selling match tickets back to the club for re-sale is made as easy as possible. This really isn't rocket science.

The club will suffer when only half the season tickets are renewed because of this (if we have a mediocre season). I can't believe they are being so STUPID as to not offer a proper ticket exchange to all STHs.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I would imagine that eventually the club will indeed set up some sort of system in the future but given that their priority this summer was to make sure they were able to QUADRUPLE their ST base they may have been otherwise engaged.

Maybe it's just me but I'm getting pretty tired of listening to STH's who seem more concerned about how to shift their ticket rather be excited about actually attending some games. I normally have to miss a few games a season around christmas time and end up giving my ticket to a friend if they can find a use for it, I also rarely accept payment for it, although some people do insist. As I'm concerned I've paid for my ticket and if I can't make a game, then that's my lookout.

I'd be interested to know how many STH's end up selling their ticket on to people they don't know, my bet is that is nowhere near as large as people think.

After this season the club will have a lot more data on to which to base their ticketing strategy and I expect an upgrade then.

I do not disagree with those people who are clamouring for a usable exchange, I think it should be provided as there are plenty of solutions available for them to use. However I think the apocalyptic fears of some supporters that there will be thousands of empty seats at every game are very wide of the mark indeed.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If the club already have a computerised ticket exchange system in place for PSLs, I'd suggest it would take little or no effort for them to change it to cater for all STs at this stage in the game. Login with your ST number and password instead of login with your PSL number and password. Then issue the same paper ticket request. Piece of piss.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I was under the impression that it was possible to request a paper ticket printed for a match if you hold a ST card - and then they take the 'voucher' for that match off your card. Obviously this would be much easier to sell on. Am I making this up?

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Quite the opposite. An effective exchange scheme will keep people tied into their season tickets for future seasons. If they get to the end of this one, and realise that they've missed 6, 7, 8 games, and not been in a position to reclaim any of that money, THAT is what will make them question the value of renewing.

Not for me personally, and others I'm sure. The deciding factor for me will be whether it is necessary for me to have a season ticket so that I can guarantee myself a ticket for games. For many people, myself included, that was the reason for obtainting a season ticket this year - to guarantee myself a seat. If I had known about a ticket exchange which would allow me to be easily obtain tickets, I would certaintly have thought twice about purchasing the season ticket. Also, if someone only wants to go to 10 games a year, for example, then by not obtaining a season ticket but rather using a ticket exchange to go to them games, then they will actually save themselves money that way.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Club pushing PSL's..

I'm in the same boat at the OP, but my brother, a STH, has recently received a call from the club, leaning heavily on him to make him buy a PSL, with exactly this line - No PSL, no exchange. :angry:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
As someone who can't afford a season ticket I'm a bit worried I'm going to be priced out of supporting my team next season

I just don't get this. ST are available for £30 a month or there abouts. How much cheaper could they practically make it? Of course ST exchange should have been soprted by now, but being priced out is not a criticism that can be fairly leveled.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I can't see that happening at all. You can just about guarantee that the games you really want to watch won't have many seats being exchanged - and you'll be unlikely to get a great seat either.

I don't know how realistic it is, mainly because I don't know the thoughts of 17k+ season ticket holders, I just thought I'd post something looking at it from the clubs perspective.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I'm in the same boat at the OP, but my brother, a STH, has recently received a call from the club, leaning heavily on him to make him buy a PSL, with exactly this line - No PSL, no exchange. :angry:

i may be completely wrong here, but if they are pushing this psl thing as a way to be able to transfer tickets and it costs you additional money, why would they also be offering a service to season ticket holders for free? surely that would make the point in the psl redundant?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports