Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Non Season Ticket Holders Unite - Ticket Plans For Next Season

Crouch End Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
As someone who can't afford a season ticket I'm a bit worried I'm going to be priced out of supporting my team next season so I emailed the ticket office to see what their plans are.
The replies were enlightening so I thought I'd share.

WHAT TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR NON SEASON TICKET HOLDERS FOR HOME AND AWAY MATCHES?
"The Club totally understands that there are Fans who can not for whatever reason commit to a season ticket but still want to see matches and follow the team Home and Away. there will be approximately x1,000 tickets available on a match by match basis for Home League games and these will be on sale around one month before kick off. Obviously the number of season ticket holders vastly outweighs the number of tickets we will have for Away games and the Board are currently finalising the details for the Loyalty Scheme in order to best suit all of our fans."

WILL THERE BE A SCHEME WHERE SEASON TICKET HOLDERS CAN SELL THEIR SEAT FOR A GAME THEY CAN'T ATTEND?
"For those Season Ticket holders that have purchased a Private Seat Licence they can sell tickets for games they are unable to attend through the Club (again details tbc)"

I followed this up asking for a couple of clarifications. Firstly was the season ticket exchange scheme therefore only available to 1901 members. Response was:
"All Season Ticket holders had the oppurtunity to purchase a Private Seat Licence and to take advantage of the Club's re-sales scheme. Season Ticket holders that did not take this option will still be able to sell their tickets via the same means as at Withdean via North Stand Chat or any other similar network."

Also asked if Loyalty Scheme could be staggered because if its overly geared towards season ticket holders that prices less well off out of attending away matches. response was:
"The Board have finalised exactly how the scheme will work I'm afraid I can not offer up any comment on how they are doing it or what they have taken in to account. The Club realises that we have fans who are loyal without having season tickets and will have this in mind."

1000 home tickets is fair enough.
Sounds like most season ticket holders (unless they bought a private seat licence) will only be able to exchange their seat using NSC. Seeing as the season ticket is (unless I'm imagining it) a card isn't that going to be a bit tricky?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Sounds like most season ticket holders (unless they bought a private seat licence) will only be able to exchange their seat using NSC. Seeing as the season ticket is (unless I'm imagining it) a card isn't that going to be a bit tricky?

you just have to give it to somebody you know and trust

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
As someone who can't afford a season ticket I'm a bit worried I'm going to be priced out of supporting my team next season so I emailed the ticket office to see what their plans are.
The replies were enlightening so I thought I'd share.

WHAT TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR NON SEASON TICKET HOLDERS FOR HOME AND AWAY MATCHES?
"The Club totally understands that there are Fans who can not for whatever reason commit to a season ticket but still want to see matches and follow the team Home and Away. there will be approximately x1,000 tickets available on a match by match basis for Home League games and these will be on sale around one month before kick off. Obviously the number of season ticket holders vastly outweighs the number of tickets we will have for Away games and the Board are currently finalising the details for the Loyalty Scheme in order to best suit all of our fans."

WILL THERE BE A SCHEME WHERE SEASON TICKET HOLDERS CAN SELL THEIR SEAT FOR A GAME THEY CAN'T ATTEND?
"For those Season Ticket holders that have purchased a Private Seat Licence they can sell tickets for games they are unable to attend through the Club (again details tbc)"

I followed this up asking for a couple of clarifications. Firstly was the season ticket exchange scheme therefore only available to 1901 members. Response was:
"All Season Ticket holders had the oppurtunity to purchase a Private Seat Licence and to take advantage of the Club's re-sales scheme. Season Ticket holders that did not take this option will still be able to sell their tickets via the same means as at Withdean via North Stand Chat or any other similar network."

Also asked if Loyalty Scheme could be staggered because if its overly geared towards season ticket holders that prices less well off out of attending away matches. response was:
"The Board have finalised exactly how the scheme will work I'm afraid I can not offer up any comment on how they are doing it or what they have taken in to account. The Club realises that we have fans who are loyal without having season tickets and will have this in mind."

1000 home tickets is fair enough.

Yes.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm almost sure they must have that wrong. Who did you get this reply from?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

You're right. It will be a trusting soul indeed who entrusts their swipe card ST to a complete stranger.

Sounds like the club haven't got anything in place at all.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
You're right. It will be a trusting soul indeed who entrusts their swipe card ST to a complete stranger.

Yes they have - but you'll need a PSL. If you don't have a PSL the options would seem to be....

1. only give your card to a trusted person who you know you'll get it back from
2. go with the person to the ground and collect the card back when they've gone in - this would be fine if there were a group of people and only one or two couldn't go.
3. charge the person an additional deposit of £10 (which is the fee the club would charge to replace a lost/stolen card) and give it back if the card is returned.

Last edited:

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

They have, the PSL. It's just that most people (including me) don't want to shell out for it.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

Or make them pay a deposit, equal to the cost of getting a replacement card.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Try Crystal Palace at least you will see us once in a season.........and they need to sell season tickets

Indeed, they have that "magical" 10k target to meet

Or make them pay a deposit, equal to the cost of getting a replacement card.

Plus admin fee of course :smile:

Although - will your Amex funds be on the same card - i.e. the cash you load it with to buy beer and burgers? Wouldn't want to be giving that out to people.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I heard only 150 PSL's had been sold...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So basically unless you have bought a PSL, you cannot go through the official channels (ie the club) in order to sell your seat for a game you can't make to someone else. There's no way of getting a separate paper ticket printed off, you would just have to entrust your precious season ticket smartcard (and whatever cash you have "loaded" onto it) to whoever is buying it for that game.

Not great is it ? I'll entrust my card to a close friend or family if I can't make it, but otherwise ? Forget it.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
So basically unless you have bought a PSL, you cannot go through the official channels (ie the club) in order to sell your seat for a game you can't make to someone else. There's no way of getting a separate paper ticket printed off, you would just have to entrust your precious season ticket smartcard (and whatever cash you have "loaded" onto it) to whoever is buying for that game.

Not great is it ? I'll entrust my card to a close friend of family if I can't make it, but otherwise ? Forget it.

unless its one of my best friends or a family member, then my ticket wont be going anywhere

we may sell out every game, but bar the first one and a couple of the others, this policy is almost certainly going to prevent us ever having a 100% full house

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Technically, it may be against the law to re-sell the ticket

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Importance of the Ticket Exchange

Importance of the Ticket Exchange
Hello Paul

I was a little concerned to see your previous reply below, that 'discussions are ongoing, with the AIM of offering a ticket exchange'.

Whilst its great the discussions are taking place, I do trust the true importance of this is recognised by all concerned. An efficient Exchange is utterly essential to the long term health of the club.

To recap the obvious benefits:

1. It would open up the Amex / Albion to future generations of non STH's who would be all but excluded otherwise.

2. It would be a huge benefit to any STH who for geographical / work reasons, cannot attend every game, thus maximising the percentage of ST renewals.

3. The modest admin fee charged by the club on each re-sale would be an additional source of income.

4. The matchday spend on programs food, etc from the re-sales, is all bonus income, against an empty seat.

5. It would prevent pockets of empty seats, which would be both detrimental to the atmosphere, and hugely frustrating for those denied a seat, for a 'sold out' match.

I'm totally aware than none of this is new, or anything you haven't heard already, but just ask that those 'aiming' to introduce such a scheme, are reminded of its importance.

Thanks

Simon

Insider's reply:

Yes we are fully aware of the importance of it, and there will be some form of scheme. It is likely it will be an option to transfer your ticket to a friend (provided they are already on our database) or sell it back to the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here