Non Boxing Day football [moved to Tue. December 18th]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Does anyone have any idea of the likely cost (plus any allowances you like for inflation and overspend) of a monorail from say The Level to the Amex/universities? Perhaps the £1million plus to be spent on reconfiguring The Level would be better spent on a monorail terminus!

Why even bother discussing it? Sure, maybe, long term, Brighton could 'do a Croydon' and tell the private car to just f*** off in favour of moderne tram/monorail priority, but tram/monorail won't give you much more in the way of capacity than a much smarter use of buses. That, and telling the private car to f*** off.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Re: P&R Boxing Day?

Do not know if this has been suggested but could we have extra car parks at:
Falmer school fields
Stanmer Park (the part which is used as a car park on busy summer days)
The Falmer- woodingdean road

Also think that an early KO may be a good idea- people can get home earlier

This good thinking. I fear if we can't come up with a strategy, it's going to be the end of Boxing Day football in Brighton for a long, long time.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Interesting letter in the argus today that makes reference to both the boxing day situation And the fact that busses are still leaving the stadium less than full when going back to the race hill park and ride.

It also refers to the online petition that was set up re a pathway from Falmer to woodingdean. Any news n what happened to that.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Would it not be possible for the club to arrange a train to go from Brighton to Falmer taking fans then carry on to Lewes and pick up again for Falmer then back to Brighton and do this again. Then do the reverse operation after the game picking up from Falmer.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Would it not be possible for the club to arrange a train to go from Brighton to Falmer taking fans then carry on to Lewes and pick up again for Falmer then back to Brighton and do this again. Then do the reverse operation after the game picking up from Falmer.

Yes, but it would be very expensive. I imagine they'll try a cheaper option with something sorted out with parking and a few more busses.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There are NO trains on Boxing Day

You said that it was possible if the right money was paid. I only suggested it as a possibility because everybody says there are problems turning around at Lewes and I thought that if a train went from Brighton to Lewes and back there would be no actual turning around. That what I thought being a layman and not knowing the details and workings of trains.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
You said that it was possible if the right money was paid. I only suggested it as a possibility because everybody says there are problems turning around at Lewes and I thought that if a train went from Brighton to Lewes and back there would be no actual turning around. That what I thought being a layman and not knowing the details and workings of trains.

Not a chance now, too late to organise anything. It would have had to be done months ago

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Do not know if this has been suggested but could we have extra car parks at:
Falmer school fields
Stanmer Park (the part which is used as a car park on busy summer days)
The Falmer- woodingdean road

Good idea but it wouldn't be allowed because the pikeys would have to be moved off 1st and they seem to be able to park where they like

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports