Non Boxing Day football [moved to Tue. December 18th]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So I take it that this is now definately going ahead on boxing day?

Be interesting to see if the virgin club is open boxing day...if not there will also be those people who just use it as a parking space- as opposed to those who use the facilities before the game,
and there are a lot who do now looking to park somewhere.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Re: P&R Boxing Day?

Dream outcome for the club is to go ahead with the match, avoid an FA fine, don't shell out for extra transport, and engineer a postponement due to weather conditions - safety issues on icy pavements with so many fans walking or something. Perhaps they have an eye on the advanced predictions for a cold end of year.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Dream outcome for the club is to go ahead with the match, avoid an FA fine, don't shell out for extra transport, and engineer a postponement due to weather conditions - safety issues on icy pavements with so many fans walking or something. Perhaps they have an eye on the advanced predictions for a cold end of year.

I'll keep a special eye out for the Boxing Day forecast.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Oooh good point. A light dusting of snow or even a good frost should do it. The pitch will be fine but the approaches will be terrible: icy pavements, walking, slipping, safety is paramount, can't be too careful, if it saves one life, etc etc etc.

Decode

Jan 25, 2010
Oooh good point. A light dusting of snow or even a good frost should do it. The pitch will be fine but the approaches will be terrible: icy pavements, walking, slipping, safety is paramount, can't be too careful, if it saves one life, etc etc etc.

Are we now suggesting the club somehow fakes some snow and ice? Maybe we can get the effects teams who work on movies involved?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Are we now suggesting the club somehow fakes some snow and ice? Maybe we can get the effects teams who work on movies involved?

Snow machines, and large industrial freezer units stationed all round the site.

Or, just build the bloody monorail - we all know it's the solution to all of this.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Spot on. As Papa say we can just hire fake snow machines, 'dress the set' as they say and then tell the League that the weather in Falmer is really bad despite the Met Office reporting that it's actually 6c

I mean, how difficult can it be?

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
This is the Biggest mountain i`ve ever seen come from a molehill ,it`s only a game of football go if you can stay at home if you can`t

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Spot on. As Papa say we can just hire fake snow machines, 'dress the set' as they say and then tell the League that the weather in Falmer is really bad despite the Met Office reporting that it's actually 6c

I mean, how difficult can it be?

"We now go over to the AMEX where Brighton Chief Executive Paul Barber is waiting to speak to us"

motson.jpg

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Surely a sponsored walk / bike ride could be arranged. (in the brighton area)

Longfellow

Jul 27, 2004
If - when - maybe - perhaps?

Thanks to all other posters for the generally informative debate so far, but............does anyone know when the decision will be made/announced as to whether or not the Boxing Day match is going to be played on that day or come to that on another day?

Like other supporters, probably, I am already being asked to do other things on Boxing Day - it would help to know when to turn down other invites, with good reason, or how long the options need to be kept open!

Aplogies if it has been announced and I have missed it.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Snow machines, and large industrial freezer units stationed all round the site.

Or, just build the bloody monorail - we all know it's the solution to all of this.
I've got a few snow machines. The guys that do the 'foam nights' in clubs have a few more...... it can be done.
Like longfellow, I too have to make other arrangements. Meant to be going away on the day of the FA Cup 4th round. Managed to put that on hold until I hear the draw but don't tell the Wife, thinks I'm waiting for the cost to go down!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports