Non Boxing Day football [moved to Tue. December 18th]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
No buses? But in all fairness the Americans have crap public transport so every day is like Boxing Day in the US.

Difference being that they have a Carpark the size of sussex at every major sporting venue !

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
P&R Boxing Day?

There's 3 million people on the dole, give or take a bit. I'm sure the club could find 20000 of them and use them to give STHs a piggy back to the game and back. If they refuse, stop their benefits and send them home.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Re: P&R Boxing Day?

Maybe the club could get in some rickshaws and get the stewards to pick people up?

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
There's 3 million people on the dole, give or take a bit. I'm sure the club could find 20000 of them and use them to give STHs a piggy back to the game and back. If they refuse, stop their benefits and send them home.

The green party council would probably oppose such an idea just like all other such sensible proposals!!! Lefty lunatics.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The hire of buses for 23 home league matches would surely have been budgeted into the transport plan at the start of the season? Whether the requirement to provide buses for a Boxing day match was included in the contract or slipped through the small print net at the time is another matter.

The transport budget would surely have included Southern trousering their subsidy for 23 home league matches, Boxing Day or not? The payment that Southern would normally get, but surely, should not receive on Boxing Day, seeing as they fancy the day off, should or could, go a long way to subsidising any extra payment to bus companies - In theory?

If the game does go ahead on Boxing Day then every STH should receive a refund on their smart card of 1/23 of the travel subsidy. The club should then claw this back from Brighton and Hove buses and Southern Trains. There is more chance of me being sucked off by Keira Knightly in the next 5 minutes than this actually happening.

Shy Talk

Mar 3, 2012
Brighton
If the game does go ahead on Boxing Day then every STH should receive a refund on their smart card of 1/23 of the travel subsidy. The club should then claw this back from Brighton and Hove buses and Southern Trains. There is more chance of me being sucked off by Keira Knightly in the next 5 minutes than this actually happening.

Well, did she?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am sure that many will do the same as me, either drive as near to the ground as possible to park, and then walk or possibly get wife to drop me off and pick me up, but this depends on how many of us are going to the game and in how many cars.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
P&R Boxing Day?

I am sure that many will do the same as me, either drive as near to the ground as possible to park, and then walk or possibly get wife to drop me off and pick me up, but this depends on how many of us are going to the game and in how many cars.

20000 in 12000 cars probably.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
No buses? But in all fairness the Americans have crap public transport so every day is like Boxing Day in the US.

generally agree about their public transport, however I have been to a couple of sporting events in the States recently where about 70,000 people were moved very quickly, mostly by large numbers of busses. And they actually made sure the busses were full before they left the stadium.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
P&R Boxing Day?

Could they turn the bus drop off area into a car drop off area as a one off?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think that it looks very much like parking south of Coldean Lane on Lewes Rd but I a sure the locals on here will have a better idea of the parking problems there, if any.

I would think that it looks very much like parking south of Coldean Lane on Lewes Rd but I a sure the locals on here will have a better idea of the parking problems there, if any.
Parking anywhere on Lewes Road, between Natal Road (next to Mithras House) and the bypass is illegal at any time. You'd have to use the residential side streets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports