Non Boxing Day football [moved to Tue. December 18th]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
errrrrrrrrrr yesssssssssss i have. THATS WHY I SAID BUY BUSES THEN NO NEED TO HIRE PRIVATE BUSES

As with most problems, it gets solved with money, in this case paying what it would have taken to get some buses running with no trains, even if that was at a premium on a Bank Holiday.

To buy & operate a fleet of buses would not be economically viable for the Albion & would have a major impact on the overall budget of the club & by extension the playing budget.

As for solving this problem with money (especially at premium rates which is why the bus & train companies are not running bank holiday services) where is this money coming from?
Are you expecting Tony Bloom to put his hand in his pocket & give everyone of the fans a belated Christmas present (A festival he doesn't even celebrate himself) or do the club a
have a secret money tree in some highly guarded plot in Brighton or do the club put a premium on the tickets for the Boxing day match? (The most likely solution to this suggestion & an extra expense for fans at an already money draining time of year)

IMHO what has happened is the best solution all round.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
And to those moaning about another game which isnt at 3PM - if you want Premier League football, then you must get used to it as it will happen a lot more often !!

Most games in the EPL are moved for one of two reasons:

1. TV (He who pays the piper calls the tune - fair enough)
2. Teams involvement in other competitions (This has always been the case - again fair enough)

We move games for a variety of ghey reasons, this is what pisses me off.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Most games in the EPL are moved for one of two reasons:

1. TV (He who pays the piper calls the tune - fair enough)
2. Teams involvement in other competitions (This has always been the case - again fair enough)

We move games for a variety of ghey reasons, this is what pisses me off.

To be fair most of our moving of games, Sky TV aside, is as a result of the siting of the ground, next to the Uni and away from lots of on street partking, Boxing Day included, so hardly a variety of reasons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports