Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Non Boxing Day football [moved to Tue. December 18th]

AlbionRob

Dec 25, 2011
P&R Boxing Day?

Heard from one of the stewards today that only 100 of them can actually get to the stadium on Boxing Day. The Football League have been in this week (sorry if already posted) and are (currently) insisting that the match take place. Only 100 stewards operating =
Reduced capacity perhaps?

AlbionRob

Dec 25, 2011
P&R Boxing Day?

Heard from one of the stewards today that only 100 of them can actually get to the stadium on Boxing Day. The Football League have been in this week (sorry if already posted) and are (currently) insisting that the match take place.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Heard from one of the stewards today that only 100 of them can actually get to the stadium on Boxing Day. The Football League have been in this week (sorry if already posted) and are (currently) insisting that the match take place.

How do others get into work on Boxing Day?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
No Boxing Day football for us then . Ok- who out there can say the last time this happened. Year not date- obviously!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'll sympathise with the club here - it's Millwall at home and their fans are a f***ing massive headache.

But if this had been Charlton, Watford, SCC or Reading or whatever, what then? We can't just go on abandoning Boxing Day because the train company are a bunch of useless twats can we?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Wow, major surprise concerning this

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Maybe we will just have to ask for A on Boxing day for the forseeable future.

Thing is on the way back from Reading last year this topic came up in the CAR home and I really thought we were poised to NEVER have a boxing day game at the amex due to the lack of public transport and being so reliant on it.

Ok we are STILL not having a boxing day game as it stands but you know what I mean I thought we had asked the football league to make sure we were away.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Quelle suprise

You say that, but there were plenty on here who were adamant it would go ahead, can't think why anyone would have thought it had the remotest chance of being played at the Amex on the 26th.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I note Mr Barber has appeased the Football League by saying that in future there will be more robust transport arrangements in place for a home fixture on Boxing Day. Does this infer the transport levy included in the match ticket price will rise from £3 to £5 next season ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here