Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noel quits Oasis.

dazzalewis1968

May 22, 2008
well if the summer wembley gig was the final time i see them live.....they went out with a massive bang great gig!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
some of their recent tunes sound like a rehash of what they've done previously , its only when you hear the lyrics you realise its not what you thought it was going to be.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
First album & a couple of B sides thats it in about 15 years.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH
:bigwave:

Plenty of good stuff on the second album tho eh?

Track listing...

"Hello"
"Roll With It"
"Wonderwall"
"Don't Look Back in Anger"
"Hey Now!"
Untitled (aka "The Swamp Song - Excerpt 1")
"Some Might Say"
"Cast No Shadow"
"She's Electric"
"Morning Glory"
Untitled (aka "The Swamp Song - Excerpt 2")
"Champagne Supernova"

Some shite in there also, admittedly, and rapidly diminishing returns thereafter. But when they were good they were GOOD. IMHO, like.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
And of course the Fab 4 never ripped anyone off, apart from a load of early 60's soul & r'n'b acts. The Beatles took 3yrs to make a decent album.

I presume you mean their first "Decent" album was Rubber Soul, which is probably one of the best albums ever made... Hmm talking a load of shit?

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Liam = Biggest wimp ever, i mean would you stand by and wait for 5 blokes to steam in, wait 10 secs and then act like you're trying help your brother out from a mad man. He got found out in toronto, all talk is liam, and Zane Lowe made him know what a wimp he was :lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Almost. But actually the Rolling Stones are the most overrated British band in history. Their 1990s offspring come in at only second.
Totally agree. Oasis were a breathe of fresh air in 1994 and their first two albums were both superb. Utter gash since then, sadly. And the Rolling Stones were always ORDINARY, imo.

Jimmy Grimble

At times my head says I shouldn't like Oasis, but my heart still loves them, well, loves the first two albums and a few other tracks along the way. Say what you like about them but their first two albums spoke to A LOT of people and thus the reason they are still so popular now. The general upbeat nature, always daring to dream, looking to get the best out of life mixed in with a slightly sneering innocence, ignorance and arrogance that you get with both the lyrics and Liam’s emphatic voice (circa. 94-95), means that myself and many others are emotionally attached to Definitely Maybe and What’s The Story Morning Glory. They invoke happy memories and exude a positive vibe that can make life look prettier than it often is.

Live Forever sums most of it up and is up there with the best songs of the 90's.

Yoda

English & European
Thank christ for that, they've done the country a huge favour but knocking it on the head but you can bet Noel will be back with a 'Beatles By Numbers' tune very soon. As for Liam I'm sure there is some winey litttle 'indie' band that might find a use for his vocal talents.

Liam's "vocal" talents? ??? :lolol:

Look up Noel on MTV unplugged, he is by far a better vocalist than Liam, but I suppose they had to find something other for him to do than shake his tambourine.

Would've been better for Oasis if Liam had quit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here