Noel quits Oasis.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Liam's "vocal" talents? ??? :lolol:

Look up Noel on MTV unplugged, he is by far a better vocalist than Liam, but I suppose they had to find something other for him to do than shake his tambourine.

Would've been better for Oasis if Liam had quit.

I think the post you quoted agrees with you.

Noel Gallagher has a very weak unremarkable singing voice.

His brothers is more unique I guess, but cuts through my head like a knife.

Nov 25, 2008
Block (H)ated
My Dad was working on the tour, it had got to the point where he they flew on different planes!! There is no coming back from this.:down:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
now that Noel is available, they can remake Thunderbirds
F.A.B.

noel_gallagher_and_parker.jpg

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
most important band of the 90's. i'm too piffy to explain my reasons but that's what i think.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Not really a surprise.... saw them at V and they looked so disinterested.

They've looked disinterested for years!

Liam hasn't bothered singing the full lines for ages and was just taking the piss.

They lost it a long, long time ago.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
At times my head says I shouldn't like Oasis, but my heart still loves them, well, loves the first two albums and a few other tracks along the way. Say what you like about them but their first two albums spoke to A LOT of people and thus the reason they are still so popular now. The general upbeat nature, always daring to dream, looking to get the best out of life mixed in with a slightly sneering innocence, ignorance and arrogance that you get with both the lyrics and Liam’s emphatic voice (circa. 94-95), means that myself and many others are emotionally attached to Definitely Maybe and What’s The Story Morning Glory. They invoke happy memories and exude a positive vibe that can make life look prettier than it often is.

Live Forever sums most of it up and is up there with the best songs of the 90's.

True, whatever you think of them now they delivered two incredible and, arguably, era defining albums. Most bands would settle for this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports