Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] No point crying over spilt milk?

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Not sure chinless wonders trainers are very vegan friendly?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I don't remember Van Gogh being after my milk. I very rarely have any in the fridge anyway so maybe I didn't notice.
He probably didn't have the art to ask you.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I'd be interested to understand what echo chamber they inhabit that makes them think this might have any kind of positive impact. On (recycled) paper I should probably be sympathetic - lefty liberal, Guardian reading, have voted Green, don't find muesli offensive, have a beard - but they somehow manage to be very difficult to find any atom of sympathy with.
I tick every one of your boxes too, other than that I have never voted Green, but I think this is appalling. I know it was a different group/issue, but the same with the tomato soup/Van Gogh incident at the National Gallery yesterday.

It’s just pure vandalism and I think does their cause(s) more harm than good.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Y
I'd be interested to understand what echo chamber they inhabit that makes them think this might have any kind of positive impact. On (recycled) paper I should probably be sympathetic - lefty liberal, Guardian reading, have voted Green, don't find muesli offensive, have a beard - but they somehow manage to be very difficult to find any atom of sympathy with.
Yep I agree, totally endorse people's right to protest but this garners no support or sympathy from me.

Worse though, it the missed chance for a pun from the OP. Shirley is should me 'no pint crying . . . . ."

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Strange protest when Waitrose do sell vegan milk.
The cows have already given their milk, the calves already separated from the mothers.
Are you suggesting that this may be an ill-considered, futile and, frankly, offensive 'protest'?

Still, it has to be better than doing nothing, innit?

I am going to poke myself in the eye in solidarity.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Y

Yep I agree, totally endorse people's right to protest but this garners no support or sympathy from me.

Worse though, it the missed chance for a pun from the OP. Shirley is should me 'no pint crying . . . . ."
You're right! I didn't take the opportunity to really milk it. :facepalm:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I'm sure I read something from the farmers Union that advised to make a pint of milk uses 8ltrs of water, the equivalent alternative that people now use needs 260lts of water to produce the same amount. Hardly saving the planet

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I'm sure I read something from the farmers Union that advised to make a pint of milk uses 8ltrs of water, the equivalent alternative that people now use needs 260lts of water to produce the same amount. Hardly saving the planet
I then propose the simple answer is to drink beer, for every pint of beer it ONLY takes 5 pints of water.

Last edited:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Kinel,you can just picture these Herbert's at the breakfast table on a Sunday morning laughing and joking about how they saved the planet on Saturday then Tarquin raises the killer fact which kills the mood! "Ummm wow man we've run out of milk"

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm not sure vegans are bothered about saving the planet, more just the animals.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here