Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Next Brighton manager

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I have a strange feeling that the club are going to surprise us all with who they appoint.

Like some have said, we have no need to settle for a lower league manager.

We are 4th in the premier league with a talented young squad, amazing ambitious owner, first class training ground and great stadium.

Go large on Poch !

Spencer Vignes

Oct 4, 2012
I, too, think we're going to be in for a surprise. The club will have had a contingency plan in place for this (I hope!). It's more a case of whether the person at the top of our list wants us back.

Then again, we could do worse than Scott Parker.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Corinne Diacre was manager at French Ligue 2 team Clermont for three years before taking over as the coach of the French women team

Yup. And did very well with Corinne Diacre.

But if previous posts are to be believed, maybe England is (SOMEHOW) more sexist than France.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I, too, think we're going to be in for a surprise. The club will have had a contingency plan in place for this (I hope!). It's more a case of whether the person at the top of our list wants us back.

But we could do better.

His implied criticism of the Muff board, will count him out of any chance he would have had of being employed by Tony Bloom

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I have a strange feeling that the club are going to surprise us all with who they appoint.

Like some have said, we have no need to settle for a lower league manager.

We are 4th in the premier league with a talented young squad, amazing ambitious owner, first class training ground and great stadium.

Go large on Poch !

I agree with the surprise bit.

But a surprise in the “well I’d never heard of him ” sense rather than the “wow we’ve got someone with CL experience” sense.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

Scott Parker has got two clubs promoted and both of those fan bases think he’s an absolute bellend. That’s a pretty special skill to have.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
He's useless. Thick as two short planks. No thanks

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

The look of bewilderment on his face during and after that 9-0 defeat would suggest he's not quite up to managing in the Premier League.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I'm convinced Gallardo would be our number one target. Not for one minute suggesting he'd even answer a phone call from us, but there is likely to be candidates that seem out of our reach just as there seems to be with players too.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Not sure if fans opinions are that reliable based on NSC :lol:

But If he is actually that good, then hopefully he gets the gig before (if) Juve give Allegri the elbow. Can't see us competing with Juve for him.

I think Tony Bloom would pull the plug on any potential deal if he was aware of any other club(s) interest. In his eyes either a manager wants to come to us, or he doesn't.

We won't get involved in a tug or war with any third party.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Scott Parker! No thanks.
Tony will have the data and that’s why Knutsen is probably favourite and Cooper not far off. However, data alone won’t suffice. Re Cooper, If permission is requested for us to approach him and he pushes for it too, I can see a very big bust up with his chairman/owner, and there’s then no certainty he’d get the job. That is a tricky one although the fact he hasn’t signed a new contract suggests he’s less than 100% happy at Forest. I think he would have been Ashworth’s no1 target.
De Zerbi has the advantage of being available and having managed a top level team in Serie A with a style that is similar to Potter’s. His stats may not quite match others but I bet he has a good chance of the job.
Re Knutsen, I think it’s all down to his desire to move on. Does he have the ambition and drive to do it or is he happy where he is with the credit he has with club and fans at Bodo/Glimt.
Re Gallardo, if there was an inkling of a chance then I think we’d do everything we could to attract him. I think it’s highly unlikely, although if we did pull it off it would be a massive coup.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;10386429 said:
Perhaps Tony Bloom is going to appoint his latest algorithm as the man in charge? ???

I just hope it doesn’t point us towards Gareth Southgate.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
On one hand Bloom has learnt the characteristics he wants and needs in a manager and after a few goes his vision for Potter was spot in. Now it's a trade off between ticking the box of that vision vs who is available to move and do so within Tony's parameters. That shortens things down a lot...you don't get an open cheque book with us, our expectations are always, until recently, higher than the sum of our parts. Potter came to us as a Poundland Poch, he is now looking at the prospect of being more valuable than Poch after he's done a few seasons at Chelsea. I suspect Tony would ideally love another Poundland Poch who is capable of being sought after by a Champions League team after three seasons with us or can get us there in three seasons. That for me rules out a few of the names being touted.

levs

Jul 10, 2017
I think Tony Bloom would pull the plug on any potential deal if he was aware of any other club(s) interest. In his eyes either a manager wants to come to us, or he doesn't.

We won't get involved in a tug or war with any third party.

I very much doubt that Tony would pull out of discussions just because another club showed an interest in someone, a club may be interested in a manager but they may still choose us. For example, if us and Bournemouth were both going for the same manager as our first choice, do you really think Tony would just pull out to avoid a battle for their signature?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The look of bewilderment on his face during and after that 9-0 defeat would suggest he's not quite up to managing in the Premier League.

A manager is only as good as his players though, and to be fair Bournemouth just don't have a strong enough squad to compete at this level, in the same way that his Fulham team didn't a couple of seasons previously.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I'm convinced Gallardo would be our number one target. Not for one minute suggesting he'd even answer a phone call from us, but there is likely to be candidates that seem out of our reach just as there seems to be with players too.
Watched Boca v River last night his team hardly created any real chances despite having a lot of the ball, a few half chances outside the box which were all way off target. Also I think every player was on a booking by the end foul after foul the South American way I guess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here