Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Next Brighton manager

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
De Zerbi has the advantage of being available and having managed a top level team in Serie A with a style that is similar to Potter’s. His stats may not quite match others but I bet he has a good chance of the job.
Re Knutsen, I think it’s all down to his desire to move on. Does he have the ambition and drive to do it or is he happy where he is with the credit he has with club and fans at Bodo/Glimt.
Re Gallardo, if there was an inkling of a chance then I think we’d do everything we could to attract him. I think it’s highly unlikely, although if we did pull it off it would be a massive coup.

I believe Knutsen plays with a similar style to Potter (three at the back, with advanced wing-backs). De Zerbi is a 4-3-3 man.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Watched Boca v River last night his team hardly created any real chances despite having a lot of the ball, a few half chances outside the box which were all way off target. Also I think every player was on a booking by the end foul after foul the South American way I guess.

River v Boca is one of the biggest grudge matches in football. All about not losing I would think.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I don't think that matching Potter's shape is a priority. Whatever formation is used will match one of his approaches at some point during the match.

The priority is improving players. A lot of the goodbye messages form our playing staff stressed this aspect of what Potter does and the club's business model is based upon having coaches that can do this. The only thing I have read that talks about a candidate who has this strength was about Gallardo, who has always been a bit of a pipe dream based on one speculative report from the Argentinian media. Is anyone more in the know about the more likely candidates' records for bringing through and establishing youngsters?

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I don't think that matching Potter's shape is a priority. Whatever formation is used will match one of his approaches at some point during the match.

The priority is improving players. A lot of the goodbye messages form our playing staff stressed this aspect of what Potter does and the club's buisness model is based upon having coaches that can do this. The only thing I have read that talks about a candidate who has this strength was about Gallardo, who has always been a bit of a pipe dream based on one speculative report from the Argentinian media. Is anyone more in the know about the more likely candidates' records for bringing through and establishing youngsters?

Knutsen is pretty much shitting out talents, both from the academy and through signing cheap youngsters. TB has bought two of them, Mathias Normann a couple of years ago (when Knutsen was officially assistant manager but in reality the head coach) and Victor Boniface (for USG) most recently.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I'm going to throw Bo Svennson's name into the hat.
Doing a great job at FSV Mainz 05 and they had Klopp and Tuchel as their managers in the past.

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk
Already been suggested numerous times on various threads

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
I see that Kieran McKenna's name has popped into the mix - a bright, up and coming Irish coach who has done an impressive job so far with Ipswich.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Is this where I make a sweeping generalisation about the Greeks and [MENTION=23343]Baldseagull[/MENTION] rushes in to call me out?

Maybe, depends on if you are just making a joke and it's clear it's a joke, or stating as if it were fact why a Greek, any Greek, would be a bad choice as our next Manager.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
McKenna is an interesting one. Experience isn't necessarily a problem given he was Mourihnos assistant. Only 36. Took Martyn Pert with him...
studied accountancy, worked with Shaq O'Neal and his analysis was called 'brilliant' by Bielsa ·
And Lee Grant followed after his retirement (he was at Man U as a back up keeper).
This one feels so us. Only question mark will be age and experience.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here