Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Next Brighton manager

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
^ If Forest were in the Championship and us in the PL I could maybe understand people thinking their manager might come to us, but in the same division, irrespective of relative positions or squads, no way is that going to happen.

BHA < Forest

Well Potter moved from the Albion to Chelsea, both teams in the Premier League.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think we could assume Forest are a bigger club than the Albion sadly, on top of what seems a very large transfer budget as well.

Would Marinakis be as understanding as Tony Bloom though,if and when things started to go wrong or took time to gel on the pitch? I have my doubts.

There are lots of other things to consider, it isn'tjust about the size of the club, but future potential too.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Someone has probably said this but I am going to add my thoughts anyway. From what I read , the current league position of his club will be less important to Bloom and Barber than the nature of the man and his football ideas. PB wrote about the ethos of the club and the new man will be one who shares that ,and understands the playing style.
Probably a man we have never heard of…..

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I think we could assume Forest are a bigger club than the Albion sadly, on top of what seems a very large transfer budget as well.

WAS a very large transfer budget. Doubt FFP will allow them the same again if they stay up.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

Historically yes, in terms of trophies won, yes, in terms of the willingness to randomly throw money around yes. But otherwise, the size of club is the same and Albion are far more likely to remain established at and above this level than Forest. That said, I cannot see Cooper leaving them after being backed so firmly by the chairman, which was his reason for leaving Swansea after all.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
WAS a very large transfer budget. Doubt FFP will allow them the same again if they stay up.

Indeed.

They’ve spent all of their 22/23 EPL prize money and more where as we have just added around £80m (net player/manager transfer profit) to our £130m EPL pot from last year and have not got close to spending any of our 22/23 prize money.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Exciting to see so many juve fans calling for de zerbi to be appointed at their club. Allegri not popular. If he's that highly thought of by one of the biggest clubs in the world he can't be too shabby.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Would love to see Steve Cooper get the gig. Tried and tested in English football . . . and lots of other reasons too.

See my thread on him.

Given that he is currently with a club with some history, and an apparent willingness, now, to spend far more than us on players, I would be astonished if Cooper applies for the job (or agrees to a chat). If he does, I would regard it as quite a coup.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Given that he is currently with a club with some history, and an apparent willingness, now, to spend far more than us on players, I would be astonished if Cooper applies for the job (or agrees to a chat). If he does, I would regard it as quite a coup.
Don't know about that. The only reason he will speak to us is if , as reported in a few places , the forest owner is a complete nutjob.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
Don't know about that. The only reason he will speak to us is if , as reported in a few places , the forest owner is a complete nutjob.

Is this where I make a sweeping generalisation about the Greeks and [MENTION=23343]Baldseagull[/MENTION] rushes in to call me out?

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Is this where I make a sweeping generalisation about the Greeks and [MENTION=23343]Baldseagull[/MENTION] rushes in to call me out?

You might get away with stating that they tend to speak Greek, but I wouldn’t push it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

OK, well it won't be the only reason, will it? It may be necessary but it won't be sufficient.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Norwegians are much calmer, can see Bloom favouring that.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Not sure about any of these. The foreign managers do not have any experience in this country and they would need a lot of back up in the coaching department as it's been decimated, so not sure. Cooper? Why would he leave Forest? Plus not sure I like his style of football. Who knows and I trust Bloom and Barber but not sure any of the names quoted are right for the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Norwegians are much calmer, can see Bloom favouring that.

He said Norwegians are much calmer! Ban him! We can't have sweeping generalisations like that! Seriously offensive stuff. I need a lie down.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Someone has probably said this but I am going to add my thoughts anyway. From what I read , the current league position of his club will be less important to Bloom and Barber than the nature of the man and his football ideas. PB wrote about the ethos of the club and the new man will be one who shares that ,and understands the playing style.
Probably a man we have never heard of…..

Or a woman? or even a they?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I cannot see Cooper leaving them after being backed so firmly by the chairman, which was his reason for leaving Swansea after all.
Indeed, and if he were happy to leave Forest for us, I wouldn't want him, as I'm sure he'd be happy to leave us too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here