Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Next Brighton manager

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
It has been rumoured Potter has a £16m buyout clause in his contract, how much a year do you think he is currently on. I would have thought 1 or 2m a year, but i clearly have no idea. How much would Mauricio Pochettino want each year? Would he be interested in a new building project, albeit outside of the European competitions... for this year.

Potter I would guess is on at least the same as Paul Barber which is £2 M a year basic I believe .

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Get him in. 4BA90818-2868-4F67-BB72-5AF99DCCCBAD.jpeg

Tremendous welsh football brain. Will be very cheap … tie in with our philosophy of buy cheap and sell expensive…he knows all the players around the Luton area and still has his own hair.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Mighty hard job for a new manager to come in when something is going so well. People like Dunk and Lalana will be telling them that we know how best to play. All very well until on a losing run and man management skills are needed. Thats why maybe somebody that knows the club will be best. With all his experience under different managers surely Bruno with help is worth considering.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
We need someone that when they walk through the door the likes of Mac, Tross and Moises think 'now we are talking'. Because it really won't help our chances of keeping any of our players if Karl Robinson or Nathan Jones appeared. We aren't a team of egos or superstars, it doesn't need to be a Mourihno type, but the players are at a level now where they're going to need to believe 100% in the new guy. Not having that could set us back seasons and trying to replace our crop of players without DA and Potter is daunting and depressing.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I'd like to see Ange P succeed Potter.

He is a similar manager to Potter n that he sticks to his footballing philosophy of implementing an attacking, entertaining and possession style game, and has a good track record nearly everywhere he has been:

4 x Australian league champions (as manager)
Set an unbeaten record in Australian sport (not just football, but inclusive of rugby league and Australian rules football) as Brisbane Roar manager
Won the AFC Asian Cup with Australia (UEFA Euro equivalent)
J League champion
Scottish Premier League and Cup champion

All while playing an attractive style of football and not really a big spender.

But I'm not sure if he could be convinced to leave Celtic at this time. Villa were able to pry away Gerrard after a successful season at Rangers, so maybe there is hope for us too.

Pray for Warren.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Angelos Postecoglou, all though I doubt he'd leave Celtic now.

Yeah I can't see Postecoglou leaving Celtic at the moment whilst he's still in the Champions League. Let's face it, he's going to win the league again and he can't lose in the Champions League - he will only enhance his reputation there as he did Tuesday night. If he wants to leave Celtic in the summer, his stock will be as high if not higher by then. It's not the same situation as Potter where if he doesn't go now, he might not have a chance of a top 6 job again.

I would say Knutsen looks the most realistic option at the moment.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
In this age of diversity, I give you Emma Hayes.

Serve them right for nicking our coach too!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Are we in a desperate rush for this appointment? At the very least Bruno can step in as interim up to Xmas if he wants it, then extend if successful. Look at Gary O'Neil already giving them a problem at Bournemouth.

It's a big step of course, but he'd have the players backing, he knows all the tactics and systems as well as adding a sprinkle of his own ideas, and he'd get instant support from the fans.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Peter Taylor - Did a great job when Adams left for Leicester. Has a proven track record of keeping a winning brighton team on the right track.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
So probably not the time to offer the role to an unknown up and comer, this is the time we can get a talented, experienced manager to take us to the next level....
errr we have that at the moment, Potter is no longer an Up and comer which is why we are about to lose him. From what Paul Barber just said I suspect things got pretty close with Spurs, hopefully TB and PB have not sat on their hands ignoring the likely possibility that another club will come for him.

Gonzo BHA

Sep 3, 2004
BN1
How about we get Bruno in to hold the fort until Potter inevitably gets the sack at Chelsea in a few months time?

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Are we in a desperate rush for this appointment? At the very least Bruno can step in as interim up to Xmas if he wants it, then extend if successful. Look at Gary O'Neil already giving them a problem at Bournemouth.

It's a big step of course, but he'd have the players backing, he knows all the tactics and systems as well as adding a sprinkle of his own ideas, and he'd get instant support from the fans.

If we lose most of the first team coaching team then we will need someone in place in the next 3 weeks with a new team

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If we lose most of the first team coaching team then we will need someone in place in the next 3 weeks with a new team

Bruno
Supported by Andrew Crofts & Gary Dicker

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
It's got to be Alan Curbishley. He was unfairly treated at Charlton............

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Potter is currently at our training ground. Make of that what you will.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here