[Albion] Next Brighton manager

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If we lose most of the first team coaching team then we will need someone in place in the next 3 weeks with a new team

We will have various webs of knowledge of coaches available, people we've been looking at, Bruno will no doubt have contracts and a network. I don't think there would be a vacuum of just appointing Bruno and not providing any other support. Anyway hypothetical really, TalkShite already saying we have someone lined up.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Rodgers is favourite :ffsparr:

He is paid five times Potter’s salary. We’d have to buy him out of his lengthy contract, Eventhough he’s about to sacked anyway. He’s been there done that.
It’s just not Brighton.

Lawros Lip

Sep 16, 2020
The thing is we are doing well and a new manger will come in with his own ego and ideas ! Bruno could just try and carry things on from where potter left it !!

Fine as interim but questionable long term. However Interim might be quite long term if target is Martinez or Knutson and we wait for World Cup to finish.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Potter is currently at our training ground. Make of that what you will.

Collecting his bingo machine.
7705680.jpg

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Felice Mazzu, the old USG manager now at Anderlecht, has appeared as second favourite. Wonder if that's based on anything or if it's just guesswork... Suspect the latter. He's only been there a few months.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Bruno and Roberts may go as well

That would be a huge, huge loss. I can't see it happening without some kind of huge pay off. Potter has a clause remember, Roberts and Bruno surely won't. If we lose DA and every coach, including a club legend AND our outstanding GK coach with years of service we are in real trouble imho.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Are we in a desperate rush for this appointment? At the very least Bruno can step in as interim up to Xmas if he wants it, then extend if successful. Look at Gary O'Neil already giving them a problem at Bournemouth.

It's a big step of course, but he'd have the players backing, he knows all the tactics and systems as well as adding a sprinkle of his own ideas, and he'd get instant support from the fans.

GP was ALL about player empowerment and encouraging them to think for themselves etc. I am confident that with Bruno’s general guidance and as long as they stick to the existing ideas and concepts that for the time being there is no rush to appoint anyone that we’re not confident is entirely right for the role. The worst thing for any club is a rush appointment that comes in and tears everything up. Things just inevitably get messy. We’ll be OK.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports