Next Albion manager - tracking the betting market

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
BetVictor gone 1/2 Hughton too. I got the last of their 6/4s just now (based on gut instinct, not insider knowledge).

Coral took my money but haven't shortened Hughton yet.

Same here. It can't last too long surely? I bit the bullet I placed mine on about ten minutes ago.

*Edit* Just seen your latest post.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Same here. It can't last too long surely? I bit the bullet I placed mine on about ten minutes ago.

*Edit* Just seen your latest post.

Maybe plain stupid, but I just stuck on a score on Pulis at 16's. I have honestly, dreamed twice in last week that he became manager, but that may have more to do with overdosing on NSC or wishful thinking than any reality.

No Value left in Hughton anymore

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Maybe plain stupid, but I just stuck on a score on Pulis at 16's. I have honestly, dreamed twice in last week that he became manager, but that may have more to do with overdosing on NSC or wishful thinking than any reality.

That 16s is well worth a sniff - he will be the number one choice, but we won't be his.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I looked at the odds only yesterday and could have got 5's for Hughton.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Not suspended at BF but 1/2 to back, no thanks for me at that price, but looks nailed on, £600 traded at 1.6 since last I looked when there was barely anything traded at that price, so either someone has mugpunted £500 in the last hour, or get ready for a press conference tomorrow

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Not suspended at BF but 1/2 to back, no thanks for me at that price, but looks nailed on, £600 traded at 1.6 since last I looked when there was barely anything traded at that price, so either someone has mugpunted £500 in the last hour, or get ready for a press conference tomorrow

Half that amount - Betfair include both the Layer & Backer in their inflated turnover figures.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Looks all over

Capture.JPG

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
I'm not convinced by these odds. I've just had a dabble on Rosler, @ 33/1. Tried to do £30, but max stake permitted was a tenner, so that's what I staked. I'm presuming most/all bookies (except maybe Betfair) cap the amount you can wager. So, though Hughton looks a logical choice, maybe people are reading too much into this, & blindly putting £10 - £20 stakes on, hence price dropping continually. If it's not Hughton, then everyone else is value at 16/1 bar. Rosler, as far as I know, is very interested in the position, & didn't wish to talk in depth when asked on Talksport...

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Coming up on the outside in the last furlong is a complete unknown darkhorse and outsider, Esteban Vigo, (who?) who is quoted at 20/1 with Skybet. A journeyman coach who's managed lots of teams, his last being Xerez. He guided them to a segunda division title in 2008/09. Apart from that? Probably a mate of Oscars looking at the time he spent at Barcelona.

Meh........

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Coming up on the outside in the last furlong is a complete unknown darkhorse and outsider, Esteban Vigo, (who?) who is quoted at 20/1 with Skybet. A journeyman coach who's managed lots of teams, his last being Xerez. He guided them to a segunda division title in 2008/09. Apart from that? Probably a mate of Oscars looking at the time he spent at Barcelona.

Meh........

Don't know about left-field, more like out of the stadium !! Someone stuck £2.50 on at 66/1 probably

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide

Meh........

weird

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
I'm not convinced by these odds. I've just had a dabble on Rosler, @ 33/1. Tried to do £30, but max stake permitted was a tenner, so that's what I staked. I'm presuming most/all bookies (except maybe Betfair) cap the amount you can wager. So, though Hughton looks a logical choice, maybe people are reading too much into this, & blindly putting £10 - £20 stakes on, hence price dropping continually. If it's not Hughton, then everyone else is value at 16/1 bar. Rosler, as far as I know, is very interested in the position, & didn't wish to talk in depth when asked on Talksport...
Good shout - ive just stuck a fiver on!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Guessing quite a few fans may have a tickle on Nathan Jones now at 14's with corals, could of got 25's earlier.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Pulis now 20's with BetVictor and skybet.... had another £25 with Sky at 20's to double up on the £20 at 16's with Bet Victor earlier.

Despite who we may want or not want as manager, i think this is cracking value (even though I accept we're not Pulis first choice)..... my theory.

Argus said, We spoke to Pulis first....that says a lot. We went from: paraphrase Barbers quotes. "making a swift appointment", to the club alluding: it's happy not to rush but to take time to get right man "for both short and long term" and to carry on interviews.

It could have been that preferred candidates said No, but Hughton saying today on BBC "he wants job" shows thats not the case. And I doubt a whiley old operator like Pulis would say No outright, he may use us as leverage elsewhere where he's a candidate, but he wants to work and we are not a terrible option if all else fails...... and its the "all else fails option" that may see him here.

I have a hunch TB wants Pulis, but Pulis wants higher if he can get it and thus is not yet ready to commit. Hughton, has seemingly been interviewed, says he wants the job but hes still not appointed. Why?

There's no need to yet. Hughton is not going to Palace, Pardew is shoe in. WBA are deciding according to press between Pulis and Sherwood, and whilst Pulis is favourite. I dont see it. Chairman Peace has a strict DOF structure and with Pulis that would have to be ripped apart, all Sherwood would want is his own coaches not a complete revolution, he was going to accept the job before but had a change of heart because he couldn't bring his coaches, a small allowance from Peace this time would surely be enough and his structure could remain.

If Bloom wanted Hughton as first choice, we could have him today imo, Hughton is saying he wants it, but we haven't appointed him, the clubs noises about taking time to get right man i reckon is biding time in hope of getting Pulis. Jones is helping to relieve pressure by showing he can be trusted with the first team, so there is less need to act as quickly as before.

Now I reckon WBA will go for Sherwood, and assuming Newcastle (Once Pardew leaves) dont go for Pulis (Ashley has DOF arrangement and Press say - Fran De Boer), and assuming no more sackings before the weekend.

Brighton becomes the only available turkey in the shop for Pulis and Bloom will get the first man he chose to speak to, and I reckon the one he now waits for.

If Pulis goes elsewhere, I expect "Hughton was always our preferred candidate and number 1 choice, but we wanted to be thorough and we believe we have got the right man to lead us forward" blah blah

20/1 for Pulis.... dont mind if I do!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports