Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next Albion manager - tracking the betting market

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
He quit Chelsea the other day as he wants to be a manager.

I really can't imagine that this time TB will be taking any chances. A guy with his profile must be worrying about how these management problems reflect on his own image.
I'd be gobsmacked if he doesn't choose a tried and tested applicant. For me Tony Pulis, I'd have liked him last time.
That said, I'd have hoped to have kept Sami a little longer, because he is a gent and might have been let down behind the scenes. I imagine he feels that way, which if declared to TB may have led to his decision on David Burke.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The 6/1 available for Hughton looks tempting at the moment.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Bits and pieces for Keith Hill

eebdaa1c2c083db4669c9e9a2709d35e8c8aef10.jpg

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Surprised Ole Gunnar Solskar hasn't got a mention.

After a managerial sacking, it is rare for a like-for-like replacement to be made which it would be if Solskjaer was under consideration in the sense that both he and Hyypia are recently retired players who have played for a prolonged period for one club in the top flight of English football and who are both managerial novices unproven at this level.

I actually think Solskjaer will bounce back and become a good manager somewhere. I think the Cardiff job was the wrong one for him at the wrong time, working for a lunatic of a chairman and he tried to make too many changes too soon to arrest a slide. I can see his next job being in another European league and if he does well there, he could be in contention for jobs in England in the future, once the memories of his black mark at Cardiff have faded as, apart from anything else, I doubt he will be the last to fall out of the managerial ejector seat while Vincent Tan is in the building.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Hughton hot favourite now, been traded at Evens at Betfair, is Evens on Skybet, 6/4 on Betvic and Corals. Looking at the managerial merry-go-round just starting in the Prem, I can see why he is hot favourite. Not likely to be top on anyones list there, whereas plenty who we'd be interested in will be. Bit meh for me, won't be any fireworks, but maybe we need a safe pair of hands with experience of this division.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Hughton hot favourite now, been traded at Evens at Betfair, is Evens on Skybet, 6/4 on Betvic and Corals. Looking at the managerial merry-go-round just starting in the Prem, I can see why he is hot favourite. Not likely to be top on anyones list there, whereas plenty who we'd be interested in will be. Bit meh for me, won't be any fireworks, but maybe we need a safe pair of hands with experience of this division.

SkyBet carpet ON now - looks like its happening.
Take the 6/4 w/ Corals and lay it at 1.6 on Betfair if you like.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Betfair have suspended their book whilst Skybet are now offering 1/3 in from 8/15. However, Corals are still happily offering 6/4 with Betvictor 5/4. Is it the speculative tenners and Hughton's interview that have scared the first two? Which group of two have their fingers more on the pulse? I'm not convinced either way just yet. I may flick a coin or just sit on the fence......

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Betfair have suspended their book whilst Skybet are now offering 1/3 in from 8/15. However, Corals are still happily offering 6/4 with Betvictor 5/4. Is it the speculative tenners and Hughton's interview that have scared the first two? Which group of two have their fingers more on the pulse? I'm not convinced either way just yet. I may flick a coin or just sit on the fence......

BetVictor bottle ON now

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It does really look like Hughton. TB's mate has gone 16/1 Pulis.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
BetVictor gone 1/2 Hughton too. I got the last of their 6/4s just now (based on gut instinct, not insider knowledge).

Coral took my money but haven't shortened Hughton yet.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
I put £50 on Sherwood when this happened the last time, won't be doing it again

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here