Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle fan's open letter of apology..................

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
When we played them in August Im still annoyed. Shelvey was given too much space. If Stephens played he wouldnt have but we had all that Burnley nonsense so had to play the largely anonymous whats his name. We froze. Also Baldock got sent off early doors 2nd half. Duffys first game having signed on the Thursday. What could go wrong did go wrong. But I saw enough to. The team at the back end of last season and the team NOW would give them a game. I maintain the Toon are there for the taking.

Perfectly correct as always.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I was St James Park in August.

Had been looking forward to a chance to go to one of the biggest grounds, making a similar journey to the north east for Hartlepool a few years back.

Apart from the 2 goals going in you wouldnt have believed there was 49,000 inside. One of the worst atmospheres Ive ever experienced.

Library.

I don't think anyone that was there believed that. Funny how we love to criticise ourselves about "pretendance" and empty seats, but the swathes of empty seats at their place goes unmentioned. I doubt there were 40k there, but yes your point still stands, they were barely heard.

Reading some of the comments on here you'd think they're Barcelona, they are Newcastle bloody united, keep in touching distance and we can do them at our place.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
When we played them in August Im still annoyed. Shelvey was given too much space. If Stephens played he wouldnt have but we had all that Burnley nonsense so had to play the largely anonymous whats his name. We froze. Also Baldock got sent off early doors 2nd half. Duffys first game having signed on the Thursday. What could go wrong did go wrong. But I saw enough to. The team at the back end of last season and the team NOW would give them a game. I maintain the Toon are there for the taking.

Good to know i'm not alone on that then. That game still riles me, the timing of it re. Stephens and first game for Duffy, the free kicks which lead to the goals, the sending off.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I don't think its all over at all. I actually like Newcastle and perhaps finally they have appointed a manager that will unleash their potential when they get back to the premier league. They are undoubtedly a big club. But with 1/3 of the season gone we are only 3 pts behind with a Newcastle having a +6 GD on us so effectively 4pts behind, its far from over, the one advantage we have is we know how long and hard a championship season is. They have far from walked the league so far.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Too soon to claim any bragging rights. The Championship is so unpredictable.

Yes Newcastle should be favourites for an auto place - their current form, marquee manager, big budget, parachute payments, silly money to spend in the transfer window and 50k crowds all suggest that it's nailed on. But is it? It would be real car crash to blow it from here but would only take a few of their players to start believing their own hype, plus throw in a few injuries, suspensions, some indifferent form, the odd dodgy Refereeing decision and St James Park can become a fickle mistress.

Just as we would be naive to start thinking the job is done. This time last season we were sailing along very nicely, remaining undefeated into December. OK we weren't battering sides like Newcastle are - but still looked solid for a top two finish. Then came a very serious wobble due in part to significant injuries, suspensions and one or two players starting to look a bit jaded as the intensity of the season took its toll etc. However we regained our form, helped by the arrival of Knockaert and didn't do an awful lot wrong, but still just missed the boat.

No doubt one or two other clubs not currently in contention will build momentum and make a serious challenge in the New Year. Especially once the recent managerial changes take effect and if they spend wisely in January.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Too soon to claim any bragging rights. The Championship is so unpredictable.

Yes Newcastle should be favourites for an auto place - their current form, marquee manager, big budget, parachute payments, silly money to spend in the transfer window and 50k crowds all suggest that it's nailed on. But is it? It would be real car crash to blow it from here but would only take a few of their players to start believing their own hype, plus throw in a few injuries, suspensions, some indifferent form, the odd dodgy Refereeing decision and St James Park can become a fickle mistress.

Just as we would be naive to start thinking the job is done. This time last season we were sailing along very nicely, remaining undefeated into December. OK we weren't battering sides like Newcastle are - but still looked solid for a top two finish. Then came a very serious wobble due in part to significant injuries, suspensions and one or two players starting to look a bit jaded as the intensity of the season took its toll etc. However we regained our form, helped by the arrival of Knockaert and didn't do an awful lot wrong, but still just missed the boat.

No doubt one or two other clubs not currently in contention will build momentum and make a serious challenge in the New Year. Especially once the recent managerial changes take effect and if they spend wisely in January.

Think it's called 'The Derby Way'. :D

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This time last season we were sailing along very nicely, remaining undefeated into December. OK we weren't battering sides like Newcastle are - but still looked solid for a top two finish. Then came a very serious wobble due in part to significant injuries, suspensions and one or two players starting to look a bit jaded as the intensity of the season took its toll etc

The chances of Newcastle suffering a prolonged wobble of the same kind, are microscopic though, due to their squad size. The reasons for ours were plain for everyone to see - with Stephens and Kayal missing, we played Crofts and Ince, and points were hemorrhaged. If Shelvey or Haydens are out, Newcastle will play Colback or Tiote. When Hemed and Bobby got injured we had no replacements. If Gayle or Perez are struggling, they have Mitrovic, Atsu and Darryl Murphy in reserve.

Massive difference in squad strength.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Reminds me a little of our Southampton challengers in L1 who said we had to keep up with them when we were 10 points clear of them at the top.

Let's see where we all are 1st Feb and then can assess stuff like this!

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Think it's called 'The Derby Way'. :D

Ah yes, 'the Derby Way' :clap2::thumbsup:

I think The Rams sank to a new level: the Chairman repeatedly entering the dressing room to berate the players and / or manager. Multiple managers within a season, player shagging the managers wife, player power / too many billy big bollocks attitudes around the squad, blowing parachute payments on a grossly inflated, under performing squad but cannot buy a goal. Oh, and appointing Harry as 'mentor' just about sums it up.

Now Mclaren is back complete with all of his bullshit - and worse still the cynical time wasting. I wonder where they will end up this season?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
The chances of Newcastle suffering a prolonged wobble of the same kind, are microscopic though, due to their squad size. The reasons for ours were plain for everyone to see - with Stephens and Kayal missing, we played Crofts and Ince, and points were hemorrhaged. If Shelvey or Haydens are out, Newcastle will play Colback or Tiote. When Hemed and Bobby got injured we had no replacements. If Gayle or Perez are struggling, they have Mitrovic, Atsu and Darryl Murphy in reserve.

Massive difference in squad strength.

Quite. We did not enjoy the resources that Newcastle can take for granted. However when everyone is fit we should now have greater depth across our squad this season. Even so it still feels very satisfying for us to be such strong contenders.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Am I the only person that doesn't think Newcastle will cruise to the championship this year?

Yes, they're a good side and have a reasonable chance of winning the league. Yet, they've lost more games than us so far, so are clearly beatable. We've let a few points slip away, such as the late goal conceded against Preston, and Newcastle have been fortunate enough to benefit from a Norwich meltdown when they threw away a two goal lead in the dying minutes of the game. Preston were also denied a late penalty that could've cost Newcastle two points. Newcastle beat us 2-0, but we were away from home and only had ten men for a large period of the game. I genuinely believe that we can beat them at the Amex.

They're a good side with a lot of resources, and although they are top of the table, they are far from dominating the league so far.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Newcastle - a team who have been pretty consistently dire over the last few years, and spent millions in the process. I would love it if we finished above them

kentgully

Jan 10, 2016
Worthing
Blimey, someone got out of the bed on the wrong side. I fail to see what his problem is. Newcastle were going to be big favourites a good manager, lorry loads of cash and some decent players. They 'should' walk this league. I don't have a problem with them at all.

All that article does is make the author look like an overly sensitive bitter idiot.

Geordie shore fan more like

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here