Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle fan's open letter of apology..................

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I maintain that Hughton is the best man for the job, not Benitez. Also not sure they've been winding us up, did I miss that?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
[I"]As Newcastle fans, we can’t defend the underhand move of letting Rafa choose the transfers in and out, buying players that are needed, rather than continuing to allow the likes of Wise, Kinnear, Charnley and Carr to chase the ‘dream’ of buying bargain £XXm French wingers in the hope of them turning out to be future £130m superstars.[/I]"

I can only apologizes that your millions could not buy the best French winger in the division. WE'VE GOT KNOCKAERT.

Hopefully we will still have him when we play them in the New Year. This is very likely to be a rearranged midweek game given the FAC4 date currently. I fully expect the barcodes to sellout their allocation anyway, so fair play to them, I may even give them a little clap (if we are 3 nil up at the time).

A different point, but the fact that we turned down £10m+ bids for THREE players in the summer is also a statement to the rest of the Division that we mean business this year. Backed up so far by performances and results. But saying we are walking the League would be asking for trouble.

PG

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Looking at the form tables, despite their great run, we have a better record over the last 9 games (W7 D2 points 23) than the Geordies (W7 D1 L1 points 22). So it's not over quite yet.

PG

batch_91

Jul 14, 2012
Sheffield/Portslade
I was St James Park in August.

Had been looking forward to a chance to go to one of the biggest grounds, making a similar journey to the north east for Hartlepool a few years back.

Apart from the 2 goals going in you wouldnt have believed there was 49,000 inside. One of the worst atmospheres Ive ever experienced.

Library.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
What an odd article. The only think I've seen from our end about Newcastle is responses to their Knockaert comments over the summer where they assumed they could sign him if they wanted to and we would never be able to keep him.

Whether it is serious or a joke, it shows the arrogant side of Newcastle fans. They should win the league this season. Whether or not they made a profit over the summer, they have players that have cost more than many teams entire squads. They also have a Champions League winning manager (although so did Villa until recently). They should win the league by a distance and everyone else fighting for second. At the moment, they look like doing so as they are already six points ahead of third having lost their first two games. However, there is a long way to go and (as we should remember when talking about Norwich) nobody should gloat this early in the season.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The only thing I don't really GET about the letter is the need for it. I don't think anyone begrudges Newcastle their position in the league.

In short it's a bit unnecessary, unless of course he's trying for humour (at which he's obviously failed).

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Enjoyed the article in fairness. I don't believe the title or even automatic promotion is anything like settled. Plenty of time to balls it up

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Kevin Keegan Love It Newcastle Brighton.jpg

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I was St James Park in August.

Had been looking forward to a chance to go to one of the biggest grounds, making a similar journey to the north east for Hartlepool a few years back.

Apart from the 2 goals going in you wouldnt have believed there was 49,000 inside. One of the worst atmospheres Ive ever experienced.

Library.

From www.htfc-world.com earlier this season.

Capture.PNG

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
Being surrounded by the buggers I can report that generally the Geordies expect to walk it. They are quite arrogant about their position and fully expect to win it at a canter. However they know their football and there's a fair bit of respect for the Albion. I get a lot of positive comments about the way we play and the way the club is run. They reckon they'll use their "failure money" to lure Knockeart away in January. I'm with Bozza.... I would bloody love it we did finish above them!!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
When we played them in August Im still annoyed. Shelvey was given too much space. If Stephens played he wouldnt have but we had all that Burnley nonsense so had to play the largely anonymous whats his name. We froze. Also Baldock got sent off early doors 2nd half. Duffys first game having signed on the Thursday. What could go wrong did go wrong. But I saw enough to. The team at the back end of last season and the team NOW would give them a game. I maintain the Toon are there for the taking.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I've said it before, so will again....

They ain't Real Madrid FFS!

We're more than capable of matching them.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I've said it before, so will again....

They ain't Real Madrid FFS!

We're more than capable of matching them.

This. If Newcastle were really such hotshots, they wouldn't have ended up dumped on their stripey arses into the Championship in the first place. Even the mediocre likes of Sunderland have somehow managed to hang on in there WAY beyond their Relegate-By date.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here