Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle fan's open letter of apology..................

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Gobby? haha. 100% confident Newcastle will win the league. Not sure that make me gobby.

OK, fair point. But Newcastle are 2/5 to win the league and yet you want evens. Personally I think they should be around 4/5 to win the league, not 2/5.

Either way, you're not exactly boldly putting your money where your mouth is by calling out people for a bet that represents worse than what they can get elsewhere.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Childish? No, you're just being daft. You got gobby because you said "for certain". :lol:

I'll bet you £20 if you give decent odds, otherwise what's the point? I may as well go to a bookie who will give me better odds than the evens that you're offering.

OPrecisely. You can lay at 1.4 on Betfair so if you wanted to 'risk' £20 on Newcastle winning the league you'd win £50 on there instead. Much better value.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
My umbrage with Newcastle has its roots firmly in bullshit like this. The sheer arrogance of their fan base is just mind numbing.

Yes, you are arguably the best team in this division.
Yes, you are arguably the best supported team in this division.
Yes, you dealt well in the transfer window.
Yes, you will likely go up as Champions on >100 points.

We know all that. You know all that. So how about having some semblance of f**king humility about it?

F**K!

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Childish? No, you're just being daft. You got gobby because you said "for certain". :lol:

I'll bet you £20 if you give decent odds, otherwise what's the point? I may as well go to a bookie who will give me better odds than the evens that you're offering.

This little convo made me log onto Oddschecker to have a look during a particularly dull meeting. Ignoring overround, Newcastle are a 78% chance to win the division and us 28%. In other words it's a 2 horse race.

To win Championship

Newcastle 2/5
Brighton 11/2
Norwich 9/1
Massive 50/1
Huddersfield 50/1
Villa 66/1

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I know that for certain. Care to bet with me?
Yes. I'd like to bet 1p at 10 million to 1 please.

I can also offer you similar odds on things I'm certain of. I am certain that some people will die this year. You can have 10 million to 1 on that if you disagree.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My umbrage with Newcastle has its roots firmly in bullshit like this. The sheer arrogance of their fan base is just mind numbing.

Yes, you are UNarguably the best team in this division.
Yes, you are UNarguably the best supported team in this division.
Yes, you dealt well in the transfer window.
Yes, you will ALMOST CERTAINLY go up as Champions.

We know all that. You know all that. So how about having some semblance of f**king humility about it?

F**K!

This - apart from my edits.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Best supported - yes
Best team? That is certainly arguable.

On a LITERAL level, yes it is. Just as you COULD argue that Rotherham are a better team than Barcelona.

There's no shame in it. The current Albion side is very good indeed. Newcastle's is better. Not that having the better team GUARANTEES anything.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Agree with Spence. Would love us to finish above Rafa's lot. It's highly unlikely though. 2nd! I like the sound of that:rock:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
To be fair to the Skunks, some of the comments under the article are more sensible. Like this 'reply' :

Idiotic article. Mag really has gone to the dogs.

Dear Sirs,

Can only write an apology letter to the rest of the Championship for behavior of the odd arrogant deluded fan who thinks we have won the league at the end of October, we have a cabinet full of silverware in recent history with an owner who has made us a financial juggernaut of world football with his stable decision making and investment in world class players on a regular basis.

Vast majority of our fans have braincells and are far more pragmatic with longer term memories rather than the equivilant of Dory from Nemo.

The Mag does not reflect the majority of the Geordie faithful.

Kind regards,

Normal non arrogant/idiot Newcastle fan

FlagShare

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
On a LITERAL level, yes it is. Just as you COULD argue that Rotherham are a better team than Barcelona.
No, not like your example at all. Rotherham are light years away from Barca, it is beyond sane argument. On the other hand, we are a mere 3 points behind Newcastle in the same division. THREE. And that is only because they beat us (and we'll see what happens when they come down here).

Additionally, we've been here before and know the ropes so I feel we'll be better equipped to deal with the inevitable wobbles the good teams do end up having. So I am suggesting we have a very real chance of winning the league, certainly a far better chance than the odds would suggest and befttting our form for 15 months now which has been superb and yet incredibly continues to get better and better.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
No, not like your example at all. Rotherham are light years away from Barca, it is beyond sane argument. On the other hand, we are a mere 3 points behind Newcastle in the same division. THREE. And that is only because they beat us (and we'll see what happens when they come down here).

Additionally, we've been here before and know the ropes so I feel we'll be better equipped to deal with the inevitable wobbles the good teams do end up having. So I am suggesting we have a very real chance of winning the league, certainly a far better chance than the odds would suggest and befttting our form for 15 months now which has been superb and yet incredibly continues to get better and better.

Well, obviously, I'm very much hoping that all that comes to pass, too.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
[I"]As Newcastle fans, we can’t defend the underhand move of letting Rafa choose the transfers in and out, buying players that are needed, rather than continuing to allow the likes of Wise, Kinnear, Charnley and Carr to chase the ‘dream’ of buying bargain £XXm French wingers in the hope of them turning out to be future £130m superstars.[/I]"

I can only apologizes that your millions could not buy the best French winger in the division. WE'VE GOT KNOCKAERT.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Yes, Newcastle are a very good team in the Championship. Yes, Newcastle are the best supported team in the Championship and could get promotion but Brighton and every other team in the Championship will not lay down and give the Championship to them now. They have to turn up every Saturday and Tuesday or whenever they play and earn their win and get their points just like any other team. Nothing is guaranteed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here