Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New type of fans

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
brought up in London and moved down here mate , I've jacked my chelsea season ticket in now , brought both my kids up as chelsea fans but in the 3 years we've had albion season tickets my eldest has decided he's a Brighton fan first and foremost , I wouldn't say I feel "impassioned " about brighton but genuinely love it when they win and do well.

Fair play, glad you didn't try and turn your eldest.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
They're a bunch of idiots. Every club has got them.

I don't think you should blame that bunch of idiots on 'new fans'.

Quite. Similar bunch of ********s at Stoke away when they stuffed us at their place in the rain ten years ago. Middle aged men were agitated by it. It will always be the same.

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
you mention Chelsea in the 80,s but that was when the shed used to boo their black players and do nazi salutes....been there and drunk with Chelsea fans a bunch of homophobic racists

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Closest team to Tooting when you grew up was AFC Wimbledon Shirley?

It was Wimbledon FC in those days and they didn't come into the League until 77. I suppose Chelsea would have been the nearest league team prior to that. Depends when he started going. Mind you if I grew up 2 miles from Wimbledon or 5 miles from Chelsea I might be swayed.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Closest team to Tooting when you grew up was AFC Wimbledon Shirley?

It was Wimbledon FC in those days and they didn't come into the League until 77. I suppose Chelsea would have been the nearest league team prior to that. Depends when he started going. Mind you if I grew up 2 miles from Wimbledon or 5 miles from Chelsea I might be swayed.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh and it's because you will get banned for continually insulting Albion fans if you're an away fan / troll :thumbsup:

In all seriousness, Alf, you have been a bit rude to people on here (including me, twice). Personally I'm not particularly bothered, but generally the mods do boot people off if they start becoming tedious in this respect. If you feel you have interesting things to say that you want to share with us, you should probably keep this in mind. My brother was (and still is, after 45 years) a Chelsea fan, and I don't hold it against him (although some times its difficult - Lol!), and like you he takes a passing interest in The Albion. There is hope for you yet.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
In all seriousness, Alf, you have been a bit rude to people on here (including me, twice). Personally I'm not particularly bothered, but generally the mods do boot people off if they start becoming tedious in this respect. If you feel you have interesting things to say that you want to share with us, you should probably keep this in mind. My brother was (and still is, after 45 years) a Chelsea fan, and I don't hold it against him (although some times its difficult - Lol!), and like you he takes a passing interest in The Albion. There is hope for you yet.

Words on an Internet forum won't overly bother me but I will point out he called me an inbred and something else after it when I hadn't resulted to that with him. Just don't get some peoples agressive mentality :shrugs: Slag off the Albion consistently on here as an away fan and people are going to have a pop back so don't know what he expected. Oh well, move on :lol:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Well I typed in Tooting into the football groundone and it said Selhurst was closer. Doesn't really matter though does it - I accept you're not a glory hunter. I apologise for that comment. Just wish you'd not result to childish name calling and slating the albion to seemingly get a reaction...

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Well I typed in Tooting into the football groundone and it said Selhurst was closer. Doesn't really matter though does it - I accept you're not a glory hunter. I apologise for that comment. Just wish you'd not result to childish name calling and slating the albion to seemingly get a reaction...
I wouldn't have resorted to "name calling" if the tone of your post was neutral , however I think even you will admit that "bullshit theories" will raise a bite, now Iet me address the issue of what you see as slating the Albion , for a start , I've got 4 season tickets , and have done for 3 years , my eldest is a confirmed Albion fan, and I am hardly likely to go along hoping they lose am I ? Of course I don't , I love it when "we " do well , and desperately hope we get promoted , but there is an astonishing level of delusion and self denial amongst Albion fans regarding so called "plastic" clubs and their fans , Chelsea are slated on here for the lack of atmosphere at the ground and having lots of JCL fans , both of these most definitely apply to the Albion ! The Amex is like a library 99% of the time (so is Stamford bridge) and what about the nigh on 20000 new fans that have suddenly started going now that there is a shiny new stadium and some money is being spent on the team ? Withdean had an 8500 capacity but the average gate was below 6500 a lot of the time , yet a few on here see fit to get on their high horse and slate the "JCL's and plastics" from other teams ! To me there is a high degree of similarity between the two , but these comments aren't meant to slate the Albion , I'm merely pointing out the hypocrisy of some people, I hope that Albion get promoted and we are watching them in the premier league next season, I apologise for my personal derogatory comments and hope we can move on.

Last edited:

I wouldn't have resorted to "name calling" if the tone of your post was neutral , however I think even you will admit that "bullshit theories" will raise a bite, now Iet me address the issue of what you see as slating the Albion , for a start , I've got 4 season tickets , and have done for 3 years , my eldest is a confirmed Albion fan, and I am hardly likely to go along hoping they lose am I ? Of course I don't , I love it when "we " do well , and desperately hope we get promoted , but there is an astonishing level of delusion and self denial amongst Albion fans regarding so called "plastic" clubs and their fans , Chelsea are slated on here for the lack of atmosphere at the ground and having lots of JCL fans , both of these most definitely apply to the Albion ! The Amex is like a library 99% of the time (so is Stamford bridge) and what about the nigh on 20000 new fans that have suddenly started going now that there is a shiny new stadium and some money is being spent on the team ? Withdean had an 8500 capacity but the average gate was below 6500 a lot of the time , yet a few on here see fit to get on their high horse and slate the "JCL's and plastics" from other teams ! To me there is a high degree of similarity between the two , but these comments aren't meant to slate the Albion , I'm merely pointing out the hypocrisy of some people, I hope that Albion get promoted and we are watching them in the premier league next season, I apologise for my personal derogatory comments and hope we can move on.[/QUOTE

Typical jcl:bla:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I wouldn't have resorted to "name calling" if the tone of your post was neutral , however I think even you will admit that "bullshit theories" will raise a bite, now Iet me address the issue of what you see as slating the Albion , for a start , I've got 4 season tickets , and have done for 3 years , my eldest is a confirmed Albion fan, and I am hardly likely to go along hoping they lose am I ? Of course I don't , I love it when "we " do well , and desperately hope we get promoted , but there is an astonishing level of delusion and self denial amongst Albion fans regarding so called "plastic" clubs and their fans , Chelsea are slated on here for the lack of atmosphere at the ground and having lots of JCL fans , both of these most definitely apply to the Albion ! The Amex is like a library 99% of the time (so is Stamford bridge) and what about the nigh on 20000 new fans that have suddenly started going now that there is a shiny new stadium and some money is being spent on the team ? Withdean had an 8500 capacity but the average gate was below 6500 a lot of the time , yet a few on here see fit to get on their high horse and slate the "JCL's and plastics" from other teams ! To me there is a high degree of similarity between the two , but these comments aren't meant to slate the Albion , I'm merely pointing out the hypocrisy of some people, I hope that Albion get promoted and we are watching them in the premier league next season, I apologise for my personal derogatory comments and hope we can move on.[/QUOTE

Typical jcl:bla:
need some help with the quote function old chap ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Lovely stuff

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
I live in Yorkshire so tend to get to more away games than home, but it seems that with our current fantastic performance we are attracting an unwanted element. Yesterday there was a fantastic noisy atmosphere in the bar, no problem, then halfway through the match a load of very pissed up lads arrived in the seats behind us, commenting that they may get removed from the ground (for whatever they had been doing). Several of them proceeded to climb over the seats in front annoying other fans, slapping people on the back until they moved and knocking into people. The stewards were no where to be seen & when Zamora scored they jumped up threw themselves over the people in front, knocking a woman to the floor and kicking an elderly man in the back in their haste to get down the steps. We were all elated when Bobby scored & of course people get excited but this went way beyond that. I have never experienced this before from Brighton fans. I would urge other fans to keep an eye out for this group of around 10 lads aged 18-25 who clearly don't care about other people's safety.

Saw these young lads in the bar before the game. High spirits, getting a bit carried away, probably been drinking since quite early but im sure that a lot of us have been like that over the years. Im sure that the occasion was just too much for them and probably didnt go there with the intention of causing a scene like that and certainly not of causing any Albion fans harm.

storer

Nov 28, 2010
I got a bit pissed at Fulham and didn't exactly remain calm when we scored last minute to go top of the league...I do apologise...and im afraid I cant promise it wont happen again.
see ya soon

Jan 30, 2008
Oh right !! So were you one of them then ! If so, I hope you are proud of yourselves. Did you see the woman's face when she got up? Or the old man who may be too scared to go to another game? Or the little girl that was crying cod she was terrified ?! You're the one who needs to get a grip FFS !
:wanker:
regards
DR

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
New type of fan?? Nah, always been there. Each to there own I guess, but this used to be the norm back in the day, before the powers that be destroyed the atmosphere in out stadiums by introducing all seaters that is. I expect a little argy bargy at matches, after all, its a day out at the football not the opera.

More weight to the argument for standing areas to be introduced - That way those easily offended can choose to sit in peace and quiet away from the more boisterous elements.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here