Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New type of fans

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Wrong pal, been a fan for over 20 years, been up here for 10. Boozed up fans not a problem, been one myself but never physically hurt anyone

Fair enough. I'm not justifying the behaviour either, just think it's odd that anyone who's done the rounds a few times would be surprised by a bit of boisterousnes in the away section at Leeds of all places...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I had a previous argument with Alf over Chelsea but how anybody can see a problem with this is beyond me. Is the bloke not allowed to move then?

I have to agree with this. As Alf says look at the amount of Chinese (and Japanese) who have moved to south London in recent years.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I never praise the scum Palarse but I have to say when it comes to generating noise and atmosphere
they beat us hands down every time at home.

We need people like this to make some noise the West and East just sit there doing sweet FA for the whole game the only other noise is from the South occasionally.
The WSU do sing, sometimes its small pockets of fans, and sometimes loads sing along with the North Stand.

You have just given Palace fans praise by the way Baz. :)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I'm not able to get to many away games at the moment, but groups like this started appearing at away games in 11/12 when we first returned to the Championship.
Similar groups were there in the 80s when we were at the same level and playing the same teams and somehow evaporated between 1990 and 2010.

Guess you weren't about when we were in the Championship a couple of times in 2002 and 2004, they came out of the woodwork then too, and I seem to remember the same threads then too.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I bet the atmosphere was rocking at the Bridge when just 8,000 turned up for a top-flight match in the 80s :whistle:

Having experienced 'Johnny Hs Blue army' back in the 80s I can agree with this, noisy bunch in the shed.

Still better than the Amex and the 20000 "returning" *cough* fans that have suddenly reappeared .

I'm with you on this, are they really returning? They must have been away a long, long time, long before the demise of the Goldstone.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What are you on about you moron , it's the closest team to where I was brought up .

You may want to watch your tedious insults twatty. Well Chelsea is West London and central ish isn't it so can't see how you'd be in South London and it's the closest team. Regardless, it's quite clear you have come on here to just pick at the Albion & then start slating compared to Chelsea (of all teams :lol:) Now please bore off :thumbsup:

I think the problem has to stamped out and identity cards must be brought in for fans purchasing away tickets,we probably need to limit our away allocation and possibly not take tickets for these high risk fixtures such as leeds!

There's nothing inherently "high risk" about a Leeds United v Brighton & Hove Albion fixture at Elland Road. At least that's my experience.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
I live in Yorkshire so tend to get to more away games than home, but it seems that with our current fantastic performance we are attracting an unwanted element. Yesterday there was a fantastic noisy atmosphere in the bar, no problem, then halfway through the match a load of very pissed up lads arrived in the seats behind us, commenting that they may get removed from the ground (for whatever they had been doing). Several of them proceeded to climb over the seats in front annoying other fans, slapping people on the back until they moved and knocking into people. The stewards were no where to be seen & when Zamora scored they jumped up threw themselves over the people in front, knocking a woman to the floor and kicking an elderly man in the back in their haste to get down the steps. We were all elated when Bobby scored & of course people get excited but this went way beyond that. I have never experienced this before from Brighton fans. I would urge other fans to keep an eye out for this group of around 10 lads aged 18-25 who clearly don't care about other people's safety.

Typical away day in my eyes.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
You may want to watch your tedious insults twatty. Well Chelsea is West London and central ish isn't it so can't see how you'd be in South London and it's the closest team. Regardless, it's quite clear you have come on here to just pick at the Albion & then start slating compared to Chelsea (of all teams :lol:) Now please bore off :thumbsup:
Why would I want to watch my insults ?? Anyway back to the geography lesson I come from tooting , the nearest club is Chelsea. ....... bumpkin.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Why would I want to watch my insults ?? Anyway back to the geography lesson I come from tooting , the nearest club is Chelsea. ....... bumpkin.

Nah it's actually Selhurst Park unfortunately - dont blame you for going Chelsea.

Oh and it's because you will get banned for continually insulting Albion fans if you're an away fan / troll :thumbsup:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
there were hundreds of us in the old days........suppose an away day has become just another sad representation of what it used to be like back then....sigh...:rolleyes:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It's a fecking football match not a Rugby Union shake hands " oh well done old bean what what " type of sport ?
Get a life FFS.
I have to say this though, the atmosphere at the Amex 95% of the time is just dreadful if it wasnt for these lads and a few others
in the North there would be more or less complete silence bar a bit of clapping when Albion score.
I never praise the scum Palarse but I have to say when it comes to generating noise and atmosphere
they beat us hands down every time at home.
We need people like this to make some noise the West and East just sit there doing sweet FA for the whole game the only other noise is from the South occasionally.

Doesn't say much for your life then

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
there were hundreds of us in the old days........suppose an away day has become just another sad representation of what it used to be like back then....sigh...:rolleyes:

The only good thing about the old days was the price of watching football......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here