Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Striker Lined Up.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
To be fair,most people on here are disappointed if someone can't speak Spanish and they have heard of them. Without actually realizing it was the weak foreign under belly running through our side, that is the reason we haven't come from behind to win a game, since Christ was a lad.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
To be fair,most people on here are disappointed if someone can't speak Spanish and they have heard of them. Without actually realizing it was the weak foreign under belly running through our side, that is the reason we haven't come from behind to win a game, since Christ was a lad.

:lolol::ffsparr:

Yeah, that'll be it. Foreigners can't win football games.

Of all the xenophobic crap that appears on here, this really takes the biscuit.

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011

Oh dear.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Southampton striker Billy Sharp is wanted by Reading, Leeds, Ipswich, Sheffield Wednesday and Doncaster when the loan transfer window opens up this week. But the 27-year-old fears he may have to stay as the Saints are refusing to subsidise his £18,000-a-week wages.

Dr JCL

Jul 18, 2011

I found this phrase particularly funny.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

Absolutely true and not quick to jump on Johnny Foreigner at all. No club with British players at their core have ever been relegated. You only have to look at the facts.

Our misfiled core of Hammond, Bridcutt and Dicker, together with the British 4 CBs just couldn't cope with the weak foreign underbellies of Orlandi, Ulloa and our PIG in goal.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
It will be some reserve team player and not well known unless you play PL manager

I am with this. I believe we want Samed Yasil. No source no info no nothing. But this is the sort of player who won t mins being on the bench but scores a lot of goals and has done for the German U21 side (something like 25 in 23 games). Should be able to cope at this level.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Southampton striker Billy Sharp is wanted by Reading, Leeds, Ipswich, Sheffield Wednesday and Doncaster when the loan transfer window opens up this week. But the 27-year-old fears he may have to stay as the Saints are refusing to subsidise his £18,000-a-week wages.

Only 18k you say thought he would be on more than that. Might be worth a gamble since we haven't spent the budget buying players this season.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

So, Leeds or Wednesday it is then. He might not fancy Wednesday as a Blade. Can Leeds or Doncaster afford his wages? The other candidates are too southern.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Now if he was Wilfonso Sharpberg I think we should go for it.

albionite

May 20, 2009
"Only"?! To spend that on someone who is unlikely to start would be bonkers.

Who said he wouldn't start, if we went after him I would imagine they will do a system where he works up front with Leo. If your right that we will only play one striker all season then yeah we won't even go in for Sharp. Doesn't look like we are connected to him anyway so doesn't matter either way.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
I doubt we will persuade a decent player to join as Oscar has already said previously that he likes to play 1 upfront, so our new player will have to be content with warming the bench

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I doubt we will persuade a decent player to join as Oscar has already said previously that he likes to play 1 upfront, so our new player will have to be content with warming the bench
The player coming in will occupy the central position played, somewhat ineffectually, by Buckley.
The same position that I assume CMS will take up.
So £18k a week, on a player we're not going to sign, would be the most wasteful use of money EVER.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that we will be looking at an older experienced man who is content to see out his contract and to play as required and still pick up his decent wages. Trouble is I cant think of such a player like Heskey was before going to Australia. Either that or a very young unknown player from a Premier club to gain some experience

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here