Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Striker Lined Up.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Solid experience recruiting, spotting and developing players over a decade at Premier League clubs;
•Scouting & Recruitment Department Manager at Southampton Football Club
•Elite Scout (South East England and Europe) at Manchester City Football Club
•Talent Identification and Recruitment Manager at Fulham FC
•Assistant Academy Manager at Fulham FC

He was hired by Tony Bloom, has had support, as far as anyone can tell, now from both managers Gus Poyet and Oscar Garcia and has been behind transfers/loans of Ulloa, Kuszcak, Spanish Dave, Orlandi, Ward, and Andrews.
And transformed the squad of a League 1 team into a strong, almost, Premier League potential and definitely Champ / promotion contenders.
He'd also lined up a new striker (Jon Obika), which other clubs have been chasing who unfortunately became injured when about to sign. And lined up a promising, promotion winning international winger/attacker to replace Orlandi who was only injured last wednesday.
CMS, Ulloa (red card), Barnes (injury/suspension), Hoskins is a bad bad run of luck but not sure you can put this at David Burke's door.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Solid experience recruiting, spotting and developing players over a decade at Premier League clubs;
•Scouting & Recruitment Department Manager at Southampton Football Club
•Elite Scout (South East England and Europe) at Manchester City Football Club
•Talent Identification and Recruitment Manager at Fulham FC
•Assistant Academy Manager at Fulham FC

He was hired by Tony Bloom, has had support, as far as anyone can tell, now from both managers Gus Poyet and Oscar Garcia and has been behind transfers/loans of Ulloa, Kuszcak, Spanish Dave, Orlandi, Ward, and Andrews.
And transformed the squad of a League 1 team into a strong, almost, Premier League potential and definitely Champ / promotion contenders.
He'd also lined up a new striker (Jon Obika), which other clubs have been chasing who unfortunately became injured when about to sign. And lined up a promising, promotion winning international winger/attacker to replace Orlandi who was only injured last wednesday.
CMS, Ulloa (red card), Barnes (injury/suspension), Hoskins is a bad bad run of luck but not sure you can put this at David Burke's door.

Great post, I don't doubt Burke's credentials, but seriously hadn't realised he had such a good pedigree...... :thumbsup:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
As far as I can see, David Burke has done a pretty good job so far - many on here moaned at the signings in the summer, all have shown to be shrewd.

If the club can get a striker in on loan who can play the way we want him to play, then I am sure one will be signed.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Great post, I don't doubt Burke's credentials, but seriously hadn't realised he had such a good pedigree...... :thumbsup:

One of my doubts about him, is why he has never held the positions at Fulham, Man City and Southampton for more than 20 months. If he was that good why did these Premier league clubs not move heaven and earth to keep him?
But time will tell and as I have already said he has stated that he has strikers lined up for the early signing in this window. Bring them in.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
One of my doubts about him, is why he has never held the positions at Fulham, Man City and Southampton for more than 20 months. If he was that good why did these Premier league clubs not move heaven and earth to keep him?
But time will tell and as I have already said he has stated that he has strikers lined up for the early signing in this window. Bring them in.

But how has he left? Is it career progression or is he being pushed?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Does 2+2=3 in your real life?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Don't need a striker unless we get a further injury...

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
We better be careful with any Israeli's...they might try and occupy parts of Sussex :whistle:

you soppy left wing clown ....championing iran over america in your avatar also ! what a retard ....liberal ****tards like you would last 20 minutes in iran.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
you soppy left wing clown ....championing iran over america in your avatar also ! what a retard ....liberal ****tards like you would last 20 minutes in iran.

Sensible post....all these left wingers think it's great in commie countries....stay in one and find out....when you are followed everywhere..there is no freedom....half of NSC would be in a Gulag now....crying out for their 'Uman rights.....no chance

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here