Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Striker Lined Up.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
To be fair,most people on here are disappointed if someone can't speak Spanish and they have heard of them. Without actually realizing it was the weak foreign under belly running through our side, that is the reason we haven't come from behind to win a game, since Christ was a lad.

What a load of xenophobic dribble.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What a load of xenophobic dribble.
Give him a chance, he's only just unknotted his knickers after the FACT that Oscar was leaving us to join Spanish team.
Having been stitched up by the Albion.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Who said he wouldn't start, if we went after him I would imagine they will do a system where he works up front with Leo. If your right that we will only play one striker all season then yeah we won't even go in for Sharp. Doesn't look like we are connected to him anyway so doesn't matter either way.

Oscar plays 433 and our main front man is sorted. So we are either signing someone to cover for him when he is injured or someone who will fit into 433. Dunno if Billy Sharp falls into the latter. Oscar is not going to change his formation.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Jaun Corbello Schwartz

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Doubt it will be Sharp as Saints want all his wages paid if he goes on loan.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
People moaned about Andrews and moaned about Ward and both have been good additions to the side. Both proven players at this level as are the likes of DJ Campbell and Boothroyd, but people have already stated these two are crap etc etc. So whoever we get people will moan, but i'm sure they will be a good championship level player.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The club have said they have 2 or 3 players lined up and have also said that the timing is up to Oscar.
That seems to indicate that we have two basic options at least so those who "know" who it will be are possibly ( but not necessaeily) wrong. It isnt a done deal yet.

If Barnes is fit and expected to stay so until Macca is ready I agree we are likely to sign someone like Gestede (or maybe Mason) from Cardiff. That type of player would provide cover off the bench for Ulloa. We could afford to wait an extra week or two to do that deal and keep the player until the window reopens in January and we can source permanent cover for Leo (I think that will be a priority).
If however Barnes is going to be out for longer then I think we wil do an immediate deal to cover his loss as a support striker and ensure Leo has effective close suppor until Barnes and CMS return. That would probably mean 2 loan players coming in and would impact on funds available in January.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
proven players at this level as are the likes of DJ Campbell and Boothroyd, but people have already stated these two are crap etc etc. So whoever we get people will moan, but i'm sure they will be a good championship level player.

That's me, I would defo moan at either of those two ... whatever they were they were (debatable) they aren't now.

Plus I didn't moan about either of Ward or Andrews, was happy with both

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am the eternal optimist but I think that we will need to make plans to seek a replacement for Ulloa n January as I am sure a lower premiership club will come in with a silly offer for him that we wont be able to resist.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am the eternal optimist but I think that we will need to make plans to seek a replacement for Ulloa n January as I am sure a lower premiership club will come in with a silly offer for him that we wont be able to resist.

Add Orlandi to that as well

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1

Ulloa won't be sold if we are in the top 8 unless its crazy like £10M!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here