Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Song? Brighton Magiko

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Stolen from peterward's post on the latest Ultra's song thread, Panathinaikos's Horto Magiko was suggested. Here it is with my suggested lyrics.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Brighton Magikoooo
We will outsing you wherever we will go
We will sing
We will chant
We will make our team unstop-pa-ble.

Section two
(DO NOT SING BACK BUT DO CLAP!)

My Al-bi-on
My B-H-A
We'll be supporting you until the end of days
Brighton FC
Blue White Army
Wear our shirts with PRIDE and DIGNITY...

Section three
(SING BACK BUT DON'T CLAP!)

My Albion
(MY AL-BI-ON)
You're all I know
(YOU'RE ALL I KNOW)
And we will follow you wherever we will go
(WE WILL GO)
We will sing
(WE WILL SING)
We will be
(WE WILL BE)
The greatest fans that the world has ever seen.

Feel free to shoot it down, as that is what normally happens on here. If you want you can point out that it is unoriginal, or you could even say that Cambridge brought it to this country first but I think if we could get this going it would be superb.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Good, this is the sort of thing we need to replace the current northstand song. We are an organised bunch, it can't thake much to choose a tune, choose lyrics and even distribute songsheets to learn the stuff. I always think complex songs sound more impressive, than short stuff that's over quickly.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I always think complex songs sound more impressive, than short stuff that's over quickly.

They do, but for some reason most of our supporters don't seem intelligent enough to learn more than about 3 words these days, or sing at the right speed. It's weird and a real shame, we never used to be like this.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
They do, but for some reason most of our supporters don't seem intelligent enough to learn more than about 3 words these days, or sing at the right speed. It's weird and a real shame, we never used to be like this.

Pantani you've done a great job mate. Was to tired to look at doing lyrics last night.

The organisation - (and f*** what palace say). Is not so difficult.

Once an excellent song like this is approved say by NSK or popular choice, A load of us (30+) meet up, practice then record it audio (as in above vid) and add words to go into a YouTube vid. My brother is a signed recording artist, though sure others are savvy as well.

Then you could put it on nsk forum, or I could knock up a website (i put together the Fans Reunited website) and will gladly do something to make this work if required?

With that done its just a case of highlighting to people where they can find and learn any new songs put together.

NSC, word of mouth, or we could get a load of flyers to advertise the NSK forum/website. So people can find it, and learn stuff (again another small role I had in the fansreunited team was to put together and arrange the go green A6 flyers handed out at bristol, leicester and liverpool)

It just organisation and the will to make it work.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I've already put it on NSK, unfortunately one of NSKs chief song starters will not be at Ipswich tomorrow and it will be a difficult song to get started without a core of at least ten people singing it. However, I will not let this one go as it is a great tune and I am quite proud of the lyrics, even if they are just adapted from Cambridge. The video idea is a fantastic one, it needs be no more complicated than filming it at a match, with the words put on after. This one might be a goer, as so far no one has said it is shit, which after 75 views on here is probably a record.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
If you can get that going at the Amex its going to be brilliant!

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
good suggestion, but as with 99% of songs suggested on this site, it will never work. I don't want to be pessimistic but I've seen SO MANY songs suggested on here and they never catch on and we still end up only ever singing Albiooonnn 20 times a game.

And also, did anyone else notice that it was actually a basketball match??

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I've already put it on NSK, unfortunately one of NSKs chief song starters will not be at Ipswich tomorrow and it will be a difficult song to get started without a core of at least ten people singing it. However, I will not let this one go as it is a great tune and I am quite proud of the lyrics, even if they are just adapted from Cambridge. The video idea is a fantastic one, it needs be no more complicated than filming it at a match, with the words put on after. This one might be a goer, as so far no one has said it is shit, which after 75 views on here is probably a record.

Cambridge? If you mean Cambridge united, we'll be from the 8th to 20,000th to sing it in the UK!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
good suggestion, but as with 99% of songs suggested on this site, it will never work. I don't want to be pessimistic but I've seen SO MANY songs suggested on here and they never catch on and we still end up only ever singing Albiooonnn 20 times a game.

Their ultras (think their called - gate 13) also follow their basketball team. Put "poa horta magic" into YouTube song cracking vids of it. One in the football stadium with all the jazz hands is mental.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

We'll see. It just needs perseverance imo. The problem with most of the songs on here is that no one ever even tries because they are afraid of being ridiculed come Saturday evening. If I get the rest of NSK onside with this we will keep banging away at it until it succeeds, six months ago no one knew the North Stand song, like it or not, people do know of the song now and most know the words.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Go for it, I'm more than happy for you to do so.

Fair play fellas, positive action. I will stick up another albionroar this evening after work that I pm'd to about 15 people. 1230z responded and 10 said they liked it, one not so and 1 important ultra said "maybe to european"

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I really like it since I saw the vid an hour or so ago, so I've been monkeyin' about with the words & (almost!) came up with 3 verses. Having thought about it some more, I think it would be much better if we started with just the opening verse & perhaps aded some more eventually (if that's what folk want to happen). As somebody has already pointed out, a lot of supporters these days appear to have the attention span of a Goldfish - so why not make it shorter & go for maximum impact (including the alternate chanting)??

Anyway, this is my effort:-

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Magico.....

My Albion
Are magico
And we will follow you wherever you will go
We're gonna chant
Put on a show
And we are gonna make our team unstoppable

(Repeat with 2-way singing highlighting the last few words on each line & then everybody full on etc...)

:shrug:

Last edited:

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
According to posters on other song threads we are not allowed to discuss song ideas on here on the basis that the internet was not invented back in the heyday of the Goldstone.

Shame as this sounds like a good one.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I really like it since I saw the vid an hour or so ago, so I've been monkeyin' about with the words & (almost!) came up with 3 verses. Having thought about it some more, I think it would be much better if we started with just the opening verse & perhaps aded some more eventually (if that's what folk want to happen). As somebody has already pointed out, a lot of supporters these days appear to have the attention span of a Goldfish - so why not make it shorter & go for maximum impact (including the alternate chanting)??

Anyway, this is my effort:-

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Magico.....

My Albion are magico
And we will follow you werever you will go
We're gonna chant
Put on a show
And we are gonna make our team unstoppable

(Repeat with 2-way singing highlighting the last few words on each line & then everybody full on etc...)

:shrug:

If we make both verses the same we will just end up with clapping in both and repeating in both though surely. Plus the bits repeated for it to scan would be:

Are magico
er you will go
gonna chant
on a show
unstoppable

The whole point of the repeat lyrics is that they are easy to shout, imo your alternatives are more difficult. That being said if others prefer your idea then that is what we should go with.

Chamberpot

Jan 5, 2010
I really like it, I don't like the north stand song anymore since our defeat to palace who sing their version.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here