New Song? Brighton Magiko

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
If we make both verses the same we will just end up with clapping in both and repeating in both though surely. Plus the bits repeated for it to scan would be:

Are magico
er you will go
gonna chant
on a show
unstoppable

The whole point of the repeat lyrics is that they are easy to shout, imo your alternatives are more difficult. That being said if others prefer your idea then that is what we should go with.

You're right there Mr P (of course). My bad. :dunce:

Howsabout this then for the the 2-way, non clapping bits (ie after the first verse has been sung):-

My Albion
(My Albion)

Are magico
(Are magico)

And we will follow you wherever you will go
(And we will go)

We're gonna chant
(We're gonna chant)

Put on a show
(Put on a show)

And we are gonna make our team unstoppable
(Unstoppable)

....Then back altogether with clapping & repeat 2-way again (or just mix it up however the vibe takes us) etc etc

Is that making more sense?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
You're right there Mr P (of course). My bad. :dunce:

Howsabout this then for the the 2-way, non clapping bits (ie after the first verse has been sung):-

My Albion
(My Albion)

Are magico
(Are magico) This I like, better than my line

And we will follow you wherever you will go should still be 'we will go'
(And we will go) same here, no 'and' for the shout back

We're gonna chant we will chant or we will sing don't mind which
(We're gonna chant) again we will sing or chant, it is easier to shout, plus the repeats are three syllables for the last three sections

Put on a show Also needs to be three syllables 'We will show'?
(Put on a show)

And we are gonna make our team unstoppable Needs eleven syllables to fit. We could change it from my original to 'we're the greatest fans the world will ever know'
(Unstoppable)

....Then back altogether with clapping & repeat 2-way again (or just mix it up however the vibe takes us) etc etc

Is that making more sense?

With my comments above.

So it will now be:

My Albion
(My Albion)

Are Magico
(Are Magico)

And we will follow you wherever we will go
(We will go)

We will chant
(We will chant)

We will show
(We will show)

We're the greatest fans the world will ever know
(Ever know)

Last edited:

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
With my comments above.

So it will now be:

My Albion
(My Albion)

Are Magico
(Are Magico)

(We will go)

We will chant
(We will chant)

We will show
(We will show)

(Ever know)

Nice 1 Pani, I do believe you've absolutely nailed it. :clap2:

Now to make it work...

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
Stolen from peterward's post on the latest Ultra's song thread, Panathinaikos's Horto Magiko was suggested. Here it is with my suggested lyrics.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Brighton Magikoooo
We will outsing you wherever we will go
We will sing
We will chant
We will make our team unstop-pa-ble.

Section two
(DO NOT SING BACK BUT DO CLAP!)

My Al-bi-on
My B-H-A
We'll be supporting you until the end of days
Brighton FC
Blue White Army
Wear our shirts with PRIDE and DIGNITY...

Section three
(SING BACK BUT DON'T CLAP!)

My Albion
(MY AL-BI-ON)
You're all I know
(YOU'RE ALL I KNOW)
(WE WILL GO)
We will sing
(WE WILL SING)
We will be
(WE WILL BE)
The greatest fans that the world has ever seen.

Feel free to shoot it down, as that is what normally happens on here. If you want you can point out that it is unoriginal, or you could even say that Cambridge brought it to this country first but I think if we could get this going it would be superb.

really like that, much better than the current 'ultras' song, which is utter GASH.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
could be a good alternative to left side/right side...or even north stand/west stand

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
With my comments above.

So it will now be:

My Albion
(My Albion)

Are Magico
(Are Magico)

(We will go)

We will chant
(We will chant)

We will show
(We will show)

(Ever know)

yep...... would only put forward change of 1 word

(We will go)

to: And we will follow you wherever [you] will go
([you] will go)

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Can someone please come on and say it is shit please, I cant handle all this positivity.

I cant listen to it at work so have no idea if it is good or not, but it must be as so far everyone has said good things. Make it happen. It's about time these 'Ultras' did something as so far all we have heard is one song that half the crowd like and half hate. Maybe this can be the one to unite everyone.

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Pantani you've done a great job mate. Was to tired to look at doing lyrics last night.

The organisation - (and f*** what palace say). Is not so difficult.

Once an excellent song like this is approved say by NSK or popular choice, A load of us (30+) meet up, practice then record it audio (as in above vid) and add words to go into a YouTube vid. My brother is a signed recording artist, though sure others are savvy as well.

Then you could put it on nsk forum, or I could knock up a website (i put together the Fans Reunited website) and will gladly do something to make this work if required?

With that done its just a case of highlighting to people where they can find and learn any new songs put together.

NSC, word of mouth, or we could get a load of flyers to advertise the NSK forum/website. So people can find it, and learn stuff (again another small role I had in the fansreunited team was to put together and arrange the go green A6 flyers handed out at bristol, leicester and liverpool)

It's just organisation and the will to make it work.

Good stuff there Pete, & your last line there hits the nail squarely on the bonce. I personally hope some of your ideas can be developed, otherwise we're just gonna be stuck with the same old chants & the predictable moaning minnies. It's time to make a concerted effort people & have a bit of creative fun!

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
Well done!, that would sound fantastic if sung from all three stands together. Hope something comes of it

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Well done!, that would sound fantastic if sung from all three stands together. Hope something comes of it

how about learning it, and then trying to gee up those in the block around you if/when you hear it? a vital contribution

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Sounds good but looks difficult to start if we can't even get to grips with the North Stand song. Has anyone got a video of Cambridge doing it, as it'd be easier to imagine it happening if it was in English?

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
I don't think you'd have much trouble getting this one to catch on. The lyrics are pretty straight forward and the tune is catchy (certainly had it in my head for the last hour since I first read this) and it has the enormous advantage of not being total cack (unlike the other chant used this season).

humpy

Mar 13, 2006
worthing
Having just watched the vid have to say I f***ing love it and would be amazing if at the beginning all 3 sides of ground did the hand thing like the polish do in this vid

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
i remember when we were away to millwall once that there were fans outside handing fans a version of forever blowing bubbles to us (twats) to piss off millwall fans, i know it would be much more difficult to do, but why not try and do something like that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports