New shirt next season

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Ahem. We didn't have a British Caledonian Cup Final shirt.

ct003581_d02_540h450w.jpg

Apologies Superphil, you're absolutely right. :blush: Old age is a curse, you forget stuff! lol

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
There are probably on two reasons why the club might abandon the stripes, proper stripes that is (and not for the first time), and that would be if the chairman/owner wasn't a fan of the club and didn't really connect with some of the traditions and the second would be so the sponsor's name stands out.

In 1980, we decided to ditch the stripes, move to Adidas and have the blue British Caledonian (classic) shirt because "To many, the stripes associate the club with the Third Division days and we are now determined to be a First Division club in every way".

Actual words from the programme.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I agree that Nike/adidas tend to offer similar designs to clubs, but Errea are very unfashionable and that definitely effects shirt sales.

The first Errea shirt was great (first season at Withdean), since then.. appalling.

- Unfashionable is an opinion. Flourescent Green and black isn't exactly fashionable, but the shirt has sold in bucketloads.
- Shirt sales have been amazing the last few years.
- Errea make nice kits
- I'd prefer unique over marked up teamwear any day.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
In 1980, we decided to ditch the stripes, move to Adidas and have the blue British Caledonian (classic) shirt because "To many, the stripes associate the club with the Third Division days and we are now determined to be a First Division club in every way".

Actual words from the programme.

That doesn't explain six seasons with a plain blue-bodied, white-sleeved shirt - one of which was in the Fourth Division.

Oct 11, 2005
London
- Unfashionable is an opinion. Flourescent Green and black isn't exactly fashionable, but the shirt has sold in bucketloads.
- Errea make nice kits

Sure, unfashionable is an opinion of course, but I know loads of people who would buy the shirt if we had a fashionable manufacturer. The new stadium factor has helped boost shirt sales - if we had got the disgusting green and black at the withdean I think sales would have been very different.

Oct 11, 2005
London
- Errea make nice kits

Sure, unfashionable is an opinion of course, but I know loads of people who would buy the shirt if we had a fashionable manufacturer. The new stadium factor has helped boost shirt sales - if we had got the disgusting green and black at the withdean I think sales would have been very different.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports