Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New shirt next season

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I love the two kits posted, but would prefer proper white stripes on the home one. Otherwise magNIFICENT.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Ahem. We didn't have a British Caledonian Cup Final shirt.

Brighton did! A pin-striped shirt with British Caledonian Airways and white V-neck was created.

(but while one was created, it was never worn during a match).

1982-83_v4.jpg

Last edited:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Love the pinstripe home and away circa 1984. It will be Errea - as posted earlier, they offer us unique kits, rather than the multi purpose nike/adidas etc. I heard it will be American Express over a long term deal. No doubt the home shirt will change every season in future, esp if the sponsor is long term, so loads of designs to fill the wardrobe.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Love that first blue shirt posted... Not owned or liked a shirt since the centenary one but I'd certainly buy that.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Brighton did! A pin-striped shirt with British Caledonian Airways and white V-neck was created.

(but while one was created, it was never worn during a match).

1982-83_v4.jpg

Cup final was played in front of cameras, no sponsors! ;-)

That said, I've looked high and low, and still never found a picture of the shirt with 'Airways' underneath BCal above it being worn in a game, certainly can't find anyone who has one. #gold-dust

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I disagree, but we tend to on most things so no worries there.

Didn't like the CAPS eh - you need to get a sense of humour.

What do you think of London Arsenal's shirts this season?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I disagree, but we tend to on most things so no worries there.

The principle thing we disagreed on was the simple premise of you not getting your head around the point that many, if not most large architects' firms have a graphic design department contained within them, and dear God, did you let us know that...

Anyway, in terms of you believing that an away kit's function is to reflect the identity of the home kit, how do you make a plain (away) shirt in the style of a striped home shirt...? Seeing as, on a football kit, a badge or crest is the only thing unique to any given club, and an away shirt is supposed to be different from a home shirt, it makes the club badge the sole retainer of a club's identity on any away kit too.

Didn't like the CAPS eh - you need to get a sense of humour.

What do you think of London Arsenal's shirts this season?

Bit of an open goal, but slotted home nicely.

You could ask the same of London Chelsea as well, actually.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
They look like a blue and white version of the appallingly dull Southampton kit. Or a Portsmouth kit. That's bad enough by itself, but there's more.

Because the stripes on both will be invisible at a distance of more than a couple of yards, the white one will look exactly like the kit we wore in 1970-71 and then again in 74-75 - two seasons of desperately poor results (eg a home defeat by Leatherhead in the FA Cup) which were both followed by upturns the following seasons, when the stripes were brought back. Those who do not remember their history are condemned to repeat it ...

Feb 14, 2010
Great shirts. I'm bored of the stripes. Especially like the away kit, but anything would be better than this luminous dreadful away kit we have at the moment.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
how anyone can be in favour of ditching the stripes for those pin stripes is beyond me. yuk
Well said , if anything I would like our shirts to have slightly darker blue stripes like Porto.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Nay, nay and thrice nay. I hated the B-Cal shirt and I hate those. WE PLAY IN STRIPES.

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
I have also heard we will have new shirt and sponsors next Season,but hope we keep the stripes that example is shit:sick:

Agree. Keep the wide stripes. Don't suck up to the prem like Southampton. IMO.

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Keep the Stripes

I have also heard we will have new shirt and sponsors next Season,but hope we keep the stripes that example is shit:sick:

Agree. Keep the wide stripes. Don't suck up to the prem like Southampton. IMO. :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here