Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New shirt next season

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
As long as we get a red and black striped alternative kit, I'll be happy.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The last shirt I bought was the '70's retro one, in the shop.

I always liked the Inter Milan kit we occasionally wore as a third choice, back in the day.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Hi mate :wave:

I think Superphil posted that a couple of months ago from a game forum :)

Correct, they are 100% pure fantasy. Pretty certain we are with Errea for the foreseable future. As for Amex on the shirts, I don't think that will happen. Amex have their name all over the stadium, more likely to be a different nationwide/global brand, although I doubt they will be paying 5 x what we get at the moment, unless we are in the Premier League.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Someone on Facebook has heard that this will be the new away shirt next season View attachment 37372

What do you think

I think someone is having a dig at American Express.

Brighton and Hove Jobs.com is partly owned by the club itself, and I don't see why they would substitute their own subsidiary for a sponsor who already has a massive association with the club.

Plus that shade of blue is clearly associated with Amex, and nothing to do with BHAFC.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think someone is having a dig at American Express.

Brighton and Hove Jobs.com is partly owned by the club itself, and I don't see why they would substitute their own subsidiary for a sponsor who already has a massive association with the club.

Plus that shade of blue is clearly associated with Amex, and nothing to do with BHAFC.

The BrightonAndHoveJobs shirt sponsorship ends this season, and they've already been told they'll likely be priced out.

Also how do the Club part own it? There are no mutual directors or connection as far as I can see.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
The BrightonAndHoveJobs shirt sponsorship ends this season, and they've already been told they'll likely be priced out.

Also how do the Club part own it? There are no mutual directors or connection as far as I can see.

As I understand, they have a substantial shareholding in the Company.

Founding partners are BHAFC, American Express, BUPA, City College, Domestic and General, and Legal and General.

Gary Peters, Brighton and Hove Jobs.com founder, is also a Director of Albion In the Community.

Having said that, the sponsorship deal is only for two years, so it's up for renegotiation, but I still am sceptical about American Express being the likely next sponsor, as I don't think it would make much sense to Amex, considering their name is already associated with the Club and the Stadium.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
American Express are guaranteed shirt sponsors for next season IF we are in the premiership.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I'd like an orange away shirt next season.

Like the current away shirt, but orange and black? I can picture that quite well actually.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
It's definitely fantasy, they've been made with a piece of software designed for making custom kits for skinning football manager. I know as I have it myself. Errea along term deal as mentioned - could see the sponsor possibly changing but not the manufacturer.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
With regards to the sponsor. on one hand I quite like the fact that we've had local sponsors over the years but it would be quite cool to, for once, have a big national/international organisation on our shirts

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
These are NOT real.

I think we'll keep Errea. B&H Jobs will be priced out next season. I think we'll have a gambling company sponsor us.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I agree with general sentiment that these look good but please keep the stripes. Your all being tempted by the equivalent of a young sexy woman, keep with the misses and you'll be happier longer term.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
There not real but if they were i would not be happy with the pinstrips, remember the stick southampton got on here over there kit for this season...

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Hi mate :wave:

I think Superphil posted that a couple of months ago from a game forum :)

This is the home version
View attachment 37373

That looks very like the Cup Final British Caledonian Shirt. Not too bad.

Can anyone do a mock-up with thicker pukka stripes please, as I'm crap at trying to do graphics ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here