New member.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MOG

Miserable Old Git
Dec 16, 2007
Off My Trolley.
Hello you maniacs, newbie here. Thought i'd give you a chance to get the insults out of the way early. OK, fire away.:wave:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ahh, another newbie. Hi there MOG (you of course realise this will be subtly altered to MONG as soon as you are involved in your first BINFEST).

Firstly, have you PM'd the board administrator (Bozza) to make your Direct Debit arrangements yet ? The first 24 hours are free, after which the tariff is 20p per post, and 75p to start a new thread or poll (50p during close season). Make sure you sort it asap, cos if your Direct Debit isn't in place within 10 working days of joining, Bozza will revoke your signon and block your ISP. I'm sure you have this all in hand.

A couple of house rules. There are some well respected posters on here who instantly command respect, and any insult towards them (direct or implied) will result in a fine and/or suspension from the board. These posters are:

Bozza (of course), Lord Bracknell, Tedebear, NMH, Yorkie, Tom Hark Preston Park, Safeway, Curious Orange, Beach Hut and Digweeds Trousers.

There are also some posters who require instant derision and abuse. You are obliged to pepper their threads with personal insults, recipes, things about wasps, and lots of swearing. Currently these are:

Deductions, 1066seagull, Bars Mar, plus a few Palace-supporting tools (of course that goes without saying).

If you havn't abused these posters in one way or another over the course of 72 hours, then you are legally obliged to start a thread specifically to belittle them. You'll soon catch on. The rest of us are honest, upstanding homo-sapiens, and I am sure you will enjoy conversing with us all.

Welcome to the wonderful world of NSC.

The other rule is that you are required to supply us all with unlikely stories about goings on at the club, based upon conversations you have had with "people in the know".

I was talking to Gary Hart on the phone earlier and he said ....

[That sort of thing]

MOG

Miserable Old Git
Dec 16, 2007
Off My Trolley.
Easy 10 said:
Make sure you sort it asap, cos if your Direct Debit isn't in place within 10 working days of joining, Bozza will revoke your signon and block your ISP.

I'd better do that right away (just after I send That nice Nigerian man my bank details). I don't want to get blocked out, its taken me over a month to to get my a/c activated (sodding AOL).

clippedgull said:
Who do you support

They play in blue/white, currently in League One and have a fantastic new stadium soon to be built. See if you can guess. I used to like Leeds when I was younger (1970's) but the medication cured that.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Impressive grasp of the QUOTE facility already there Mog. There are some on here with a postcount well into the THASANDS that still havn't got to grips with that.
How are you on your use of CAPITALS ?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Ahh, another newbie.
There are also some posters who require instant derision and abuse. You are obliged to pepper their threads with personal insults, recipes, things about wasps, and lots of swearing. Currently these are:

Deductions, 1066seagull, Bars Mar, plus a few Palace-supporting tools (of course that goes without saying).QUOTE]

He's right you know, but I don't think that Ernest or Born & Bred are going to take kindly to being left off this list.

Also, it would be helpful if you could answer the NSC newbie quiz (part I) so we know who we're talking to and how much to charge.

McGhee In OR McGhee out
Kuipers In OR Henderson/Flinders/Digweed/anyone but Kuipers In
DK In OR DK out
Hammond In OR Hammond out
Season Ticket Holder Uber fan OR Bad Fan

Thank you
:ban:

MOG

Miserable Old Git
Dec 16, 2007
Off My Trolley.
Thank you for your advice Your Lordship (see, Easy 10 I took your suggestion to heart) but I have to say that I am no good at that sort of thing .

Easy 10, nOw tHerE i Do haVe a few PrOBlems :down:.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Easy 10, nOw tHerE i Do haVe a few PrOBlems :down:.

What you need to learn is how to CAPITALISE the words in your sentence that you wish to EMPHASISE.

If you capitalise the wrong words, you will only cause CONFUSION, so be careful.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
And see Barry Izbak for a prime example of how NOT to use quote.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
A couple of house rules. There are some well respected posters on here who instantly command respect, and any insult towards them (direct or implied) will result in a fine and/or suspension from the board. These posters are:

Bozza (of course), Lord Bracknell, Tedebear, NMH, Yorkie, Tom Hark Preston Park, Safeway, Curious Orange, Beach Hut and Digweeds Trousers.

Holy guacamole Batman - I've made it! :angel:

MOG

Miserable Old Git
Dec 16, 2007
Off My Trolley.
NSC newbie quiz (part 1)

Yes
No
Maybe
All ofthe above
Uber Bad Fan

Don't worry about getting the quote usage wrong, i'm sure you'll get the hang of it (or maybe not) :shrug:.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
What you need to learn is how to CAPITALISE the words in your sentence that you wish to EMPHASISE.

If you capitalise the wrong words, you will only cause CONFUSION, so be careful.

You'll Have To Learn To Type Like This Too To Converse With Nathan Elder's Number One Fan Because He Can't Understand It If You Type Any Other Way

(see - self abuse does make your eyes go funny)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports