Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New experiences for Caicedo

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Looking at match of the day highlights v Forest. Cacedo mistake leading to a goal, rest of the game anonymous. 115m well spent.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What have they done to him?

That is actually pretty damn scary! It actually is the poisoned chalice isn’t it … and it’s absolutely delightful.!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Amazing highlest reel.
I didn’t want to bounce the Colwill thread but I do just wonder if we will go in for him again January or next Summer. He also seems to be getting a bit of the poison there doesn’t he… England call up won’t help that though.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
What have they done to him?

Chelsea do seem to have the opposite of the midas touch.

I think I heard/read something in an interview somewhere that teams in Italy were wary of buying players from sassuolo when RDZ was in charged because he is so precise in drilling players in to his way of playing that they struggled in other teams even though they look world beaters playing for Sassuolo.

I can’t remember where it was, it could have even been written on here.

So it might take some time to undo the RDZ affect, by that time though Chelsea fans will have already written him off.

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
Chelsea do seem to have the opposite of the midas touch.

I think I heard/read something in an interview somewhere that teams in Italy were wary of buying players from sassuolo when RDZ was in charged because he is so precise in drilling players in to his way of playing that they struggled in other teams even though they look world beaters playing for Sassuolo.

I can’t remember where it was, it could have even been written on here.

So it might take some time to undo the RDZ affect, by that time though Chelsea fans will have already written him off.

Surely it can't be all that difficult for a top-level professional to revert from an elegant, free-flowing, progressive style of play to a dull, plodding, tactically simplistic one?

Last edited:

Loadicus Trux

Jan 12, 2012
Things you love to see, £115M Caicedo can’t stop giving the ball away. I love to see every former Brighton play fail miserably when they leave. Yes I am bitter and totally shameless about it.
I have to admit, I'm just as guilty.
I would love to think one or two are thinking, "What have I done?" GP must've done, surely.

jeremy fisher

Sep 20, 2014
Things you love to see, £115M Caicedo can’t stop giving the ball away. I love to see every former Brighton play fail miserably when they leave. Yes I am bitter and totally shameless about it.
Not good for the club though if that happens. Our model is based on buying young, promising players, coaching them, selling them on for huge prices, and then reinvesting the returns. We need Caicedo to be a huge success so that in a year or two we can get another £100m for Mitoma, Enciso and Ferguson.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have to admit, I'm just as guilty.
I would love to think one or two are thinking, "What have I done?" GP must've done, surely.
I doubt it, as much as a fan of GP that I was when he was here, he overestimated his worth, and is now jobless but considerably richer.

If he’d wanted an easy life he’d have stayed here, his words not mine.

Anyway we are now in a much better place, even with the sales. Remember GP wanted to give us a history lesson whilst RDZ wants us to MAKE history :lolol:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Not good for the club though if that happens. Our model is based on buying young, promising players, coaching them, selling them on for huge prices, and then reinvesting the returns. We need Caicedo to be a huge success so that in a year or two we can get another £100m for Mitoma, Enciso and Ferguson.
I disagree, other clubs will look and think "that's Chelsea for you, what did anyone expect"

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The flip side of that is that if Concedo wasn't sold, Mitoma, Ferguson et al also weren't sold, then we would definitely be pushing for champions league spots or even higher.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The flip side of that is that if Concedo wasn't sold, Mitoma, Ferguson et al also weren't sold, then we would definitely be pushing for champions league spots or even higher.
But we wouldn’t have Fati coming in or Pedro, Gilmour etc etc. People were saying similar about keeping players when we sold Bissouma and Cucurella. If we hadn’t then Caicedo and Estupinan wouldn’t have happened. Football teams evolve.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
The problem is not with us, though, but with Chelsea and what they do to players once they have bought them. I don’t see how that will affect the price we get in a year or two for Mitoma, Enciso and Ferguson. I just hope we do not sell them to Chelsea, for the sake of the players themselves. And because I have grown to loathe Chelsea over the last year; they are parasites.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here