Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New experiences for Caicedo

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Not good for the club though if that happens. Our model is based on buying young, promising players, coaching them, selling them on for huge prices, and then reinvesting the returns. We need Caicedo to be a huge success so that in a year or two we can get another £100m for Mitoma, Enciso and Ferguson.
You broke it, you bought it.

Not our fault if other clubs f*** things up on the way home from the shop.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not good for the club though if that happens. Our model is based on buying young, promising players, coaching them, selling them on for huge prices, and then reinvesting the returns. We need Caicedo to be a huge success so that in a year or two we can get another £100m for Mitoma, Enciso and Ferguson.
Trossard and Bissouma are loved at their new clubs. Mac Allister hasn't had a chance to show what he can do yet but nobody has written him off at Liverpool.

It's just Chelsea. F##king Chelsea. They are clueless chavvy twunts. I hope any player having his head turned by them turns to absolute shite. So far so good.

And "Moises Concedo" is the funniest thing I've read this morning.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The flip side of that is that if Concedo wasn't sold, Mitoma, Ferguson et al also weren't sold, then we would definitely be pushing for champions league spots or even higher.
.........and we would cease to attract hungry but brilliant young players in the way we do now.. The idea that no-one will pay good money for Mitoma or Ferguson if Caicedo flops is, frankly, nonsense.

Last edited:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
The problem is not with us, though, but with Chelsea and what they do to players once they have bought them. I don’t see how that will affect the price we get in a year or two for Mitoma, Enciso and Ferguson. I just hope we do not sell them to Chelsea, for the sake of the players themselves. And because I have grown to loathe Chelsea over the last year; they are parasites.
Chelsea have ruined every player they have singed. I can’t think of one that has looked good.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
First they came for Cucurella and ruined him and I said nothing; then they came for Potter/Bruno/Benny/Bjorn/Agnetha /Anni Frid and ruined them and I said nothing; then they came for Caicedo.................
And what did you say?

It was nothing, wasn't it.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Chelsea do seem to have the opposite of the midas touch.

I think I heard/read something in an interview somewhere that teams in Italy were wary of buying players from sassuolo when RDZ was in charged because he is so precise in drilling players in to his way of playing that they struggled in other teams even though they look world beaters playing for Sassuolo.

I can’t remember where it was, it could have even been written on here.

So it might take some time to undo the RDZ affect, by that time though Chelsea fans will have already written him off.
Some of the interviews I've seen with Albion players suggest the whole team is very tightly coached, knowing what their option 1,2,3 pass is in every situation and which way a player should be facing to receive a ball from a certain direction in order to open up those options. I think we can see that on the pitch and without that level of tactics, training and planning 'good' players can look lost. Particularly young inexperienced ones ???

I suspect that Caicedo will come good, but it could take a while and Chelsea isn't a good place to 'take a while'.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
They will probably sack Poch and go in for RDZ.
Chelsea do seem to have the opposite of the midas touch.

I think I heard/read something in an interview somewhere that teams in Italy were wary of buying players from sassuolo when RDZ was in charged because he is so precise in drilling players in to his way of playing that they struggled in other teams even though they look world beaters playing for Sassuolo.

I can’t remember where it was, it could have even been written on here.

So it might take some time to undo the RDZ affect, by that time though Chelsea fans will have already written him off.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Chelsea’s recruitment team have issued the following statement

IMG_0111.jpeg

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Not a lot different to the Cuccerella situation. The Brighton philosophy under Potter and RDZ is you support the player on the ball. Potter was unable to break the Chelsea way in the short time he was there and Pochettino is making little headway.

At Chelsea when you have the ball you are expected to be able to do brilliant things with it. Go on then show us what you can do big money signing. It is one thing when it comes from the stands, but quite another when it extends onto the pitch. In Cuccerella's stand out season he had Dunk organising him defensively and Moder always available for a pass.

Caceido just swap Moder for McAllister and Gross. If you watch the Forest goal, Connor Gallagher lets the ball run through his legs to Caceido and then runs to the one place he isn't available for a pass. It was still a bad mistake (and not the only one), but it is easy to see why this pattern of play is confidence sapping. It also demonstrates why Chelsea don't have a team right now, just a collection of individuals.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Some of the interviews I've seen with Albion players suggest the whole team is very tightly coached, knowing what their option 1,2,3 pass is in every situation and which way a player should be facing to receive a ball from a certain direction in order to open up those options. I think we can see that on the pitch and without that level of tactics, training and planning 'good' players can look lost. Particularly young inexperienced ones ???

I suspect that Caicedo will come good, but it could take a while and Chelsea isn't a good place to 'take a while'.
Still, Pochettino is a top, top manager. Bound to make any player shine. He has won.......er.......one ligue 1 and one french cup.........with PSG

By comparison Brendan Rogers has won only, er.... 7 trophies with Celtic and one with Leicester...

Oh well. Think of the potential. Poch is only, 51 and Rogers is, er....50.

:facepalm:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
If I had an 8-year contract on, let's say 150k/week, I think I'd just sit around eating pies and buying stuff.
My neighbour is the chair of a non-league Sussex club and he said exactly this about players he signed in his early years. OK, it's different gravy, but the same principles. His take was that as soon as players were on longer contracts they were suddenly that little less hungry on the pitch when needed and tended to spend a little longer on the treatment table when coming back from injury.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
.........and we wou;d cease to attract jungry but brilliant young players oon the way we do now.. The idea that no-one will pay good money for Mitoma or Ferguson if Caicedo flops is, frankly, nonsense.

Has any big money moves worked out for Chelsea? Mudryk is now seen as Shevchenko m. 2, Enzo has hardly pulled up any trees.

There will be a point where people realise, if they haven't already, is that the issue is the culture of the Club rather than thte individual players.

I would suggest having several players on 8 year contracts on £150+k a week is going to tend towards people not putting a shift in as they are set up for life whatever happens. It seems to be the 'glamour' club for these young players to go due to past success, but those days seem long behind Chelsea and now it is a case of all fur coat and no knickers.

I also think Pochettino is vatly overrated in England for his time at Spurs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here