Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New experiences for Caicedo

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Trossard and Bissouma are loved at their new clubs. Mac Allister hasn't had a chance to show what he can do yet but nobody has written him off at Liverpool.

It's just Chelsea. F##king Chelsea. They are clueless chavvy twunts. I hope any player having his head turned by them turns to absolute shite. So far so good.

And "Moises Concedo" is the funniest thing I've read this morning.
Mac Allister was excellent yesterday against Villa. Quietly doing what he does best.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Caceido is a good footballer, but he made this move for financial reasons and not footballing ones, I think that is very telling. Chelsea have been a basket case for a couple of seasons now. An unsettled bloated squad basically compiled with the manager just having to put up with the brass making his job more confusing. Add in the very real pressure and expectation that comes with playing for that organisation and fanbase it is a world away from the cosy, family style atmosphere of Brighton. It's no surprise Caceido has had a poor start as has Colwill.

Moises should have gone to Liverpool. That would have been a better move for his career but greed got in the way. I do feel that class will out in the end, he really is a fantastic player and as long as Chelsea don't sack Poch too early things should have calm down there and he'll pick up some form.

sahel

Jan 24, 2014
Caceido is a good footballer, but he made this move for financial reasons and not footballing ones, I think that is very telling. Chelsea have been a basket case for a couple of seasons now. An unsettled bloated squad basically compiled with the manager just having to put up with the brass making his job more confusing. Add in the very real pressure and expectation that comes with playing for that organisation and fanbase it is a world away from the cosy, family style atmosphere of Brighton. It's no surprise Caceido has had a poor start as has Colwill.

Moises should have gone to Liverpool. That would have been a better move for his career but greed got in the way. I do feel that class will out in the end, he really is a fantastic player and as long as Chelsea don't sack Poch too early things should have calm down there and he'll pick up some form.
How on earth do you know how Caicedo made his decision. The truth is you have no idea so dont be so arrogant. I suspect it was all about living in London near friends, family etc. He is after all very young and Liverpool is culturally hugely different from London. Wish the guy luck and see what happens

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
How on earth do you know how Caicedo made his decision. The truth is you have no idea so dont be so arrogant. I suspect it was all about living in London near friends, family etc. He is after all very young and Liverpool is culturally hugely different from London. Wish the guy luck and see what happens

His agent getting £10M from Chelsea probably also helped make Moises decision

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
His agent getting £10M from Chelsea probably also helped make Moises decision
I get the feeling that Moises is maybe a little bit naive and is very much led by what his agent tells him, We saw it with the Arsenal debacle and then choosing Chelsea, when Liverpool would probably have been the better choice.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yeah the museums and restaurants and stuff. We know.

7dialssouthpaw

Sep 10, 2022
Has any big money moves worked out for Chelsea? Mudryk is now seen as Shevchenko m. 2, Enzo has hardly pulled up any trees.

There will be a point where people realise, if they haven't already, is that the issue is the culture of the Club rather than thte individual players.

I would suggest having several players on 8 year contracts on £150+k a week is going to tend towards people not putting a shift in as they are set up for life whatever happens. It seems to be the 'glamour' club for these young players to go due to past success, but those days seem long behind Chelsea and now it is a case of all fur coat and no knickers.

I also think Pochettino is vatly overrated in England for his time at Spurs.
looks to me like Pochettino can't be arsed either!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Has any big money moves worked out for Chelsea? Mudryk is now seen as Shevchenko m. 2, Enzo has hardly pulled up any trees.

There will be a point where people realise, if they haven't already, is that the issue is the culture of the Club rather than thte individual players.

I would suggest having several players on 8 year contracts on £150+k a week is going to tend towards people not putting a shift in as they are set up for life whatever happens. It seems to be the 'glamour' club for these young players to go due to past success, but those days seem long behind Chelsea and now it is a case of all fur coat and no knickers.

I also think Pochettino is vatly overrated in England for his time at Spurs.
Every single word of this.

Poch is a complete fraud. He's done pretty much nothing. Even in France he's won one title and one cup, with a club bankrolled by an oil rich state.

Your comments on Chelsea club culture are also likely to be very pertinent. If you sign players for megabucks on contracts lasting the best part of a decade, where's the motivation to be the one who turns the club into a major force?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

It's one thing moving from Ecuador to Brighton but handling the culture shock of moving from the South East to Liverpool would be too much for most young men to handle.

andy_lee007uk

Oct 21, 2005
Surrey Seagull
Shamelessly stolen from a Facebook post.

Screenshot_20230904_153541_Facebook.jpg

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
More likely that the scumbag agent convinced him because Chelsea paid him £10m. What friends and family does he have in London? Certainly not his 10 siblings because they are all on the verge of starvation back in Ecuador. As for his dear mum, she'll go anywhere she can get a supersized cheeseburger and fries, with extra cheese, extra burger and extra fries.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Every single word of this.

Poch is a complete fraud. He's done pretty much nothing. Even in France he's won one title and one cup, with a club bankrolled by an oil rich state.

Your comments on Chelsea club culture are also likely to be very pertinent. If you sign players for megabucks on contracts lasting the best part of a decade, where's the motivation to be the one who turns the club into a major force?
I can't understand this media love in for Poch. Did OK with Southampton then Spurs but blow the CL final and following season they were crap and he was sacked (we helped him on his way). French league barely a two horse race and with all that oil money and some world class players he still didn't win much.

Couldn't manage the prima donnas at PSG so no chance with players on 8 year contracts

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
More likely that the scumbag agent convinced him because Chelsea paid him £10m. What friends and family does he have in London? Certainly not his 10 siblings because they are all on the verge of starvation back in Ecuador. As for his dear mum, she'll go anywhere she can get a supersized cheeseburger and fries, with extra cheese, extra burger and extra fries.

Reminds me of this tweet

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Trossard and Bissouma are loved at their new clubs. Mac Allister hasn't had a chance to show what he can do yet but nobody has written him off at Liverpool.

It's just Chelsea. F##king Chelsea. They are clueless chavvy twunts. I hope any player having his head turned by them turns to absolute shite. So far so good.

And "Moises Concedo" is the funniest thing I've read this morning.
Also, let's be honest. Chelsea are thick. They spent, what, £90m on Cucurella and our coaching staff, then still came back and spend £135m on Caicedo and Sanchez.

If Caicedo fails, they'll be back with more money because? Yup, they're thick.

Mac Allister, Trossard, White, Bissouma are all proving to be successes because they went to clubs with a solid infrastructure and understanding of how football works. That Caicedo decided to turn down rejoining Mac Allister at Liverpool under a genuinely top class coach so that his mucky agent could get some extra coin proves him to be a lot less smart than I expected.

Oh, one more thing... Is Pochettino actually a brilliant manager? Good, sure, but brilliant? Everyone keeps banging on about him being a top, top class boss, but is he?
  • Average at Espanyol but a tough first job;
  • Good at Saints (although only there for a year);
  • Good at Spurs (although they arguably should have won the league the Leicester year), hideous in his last 6 months and sacked 3.5 years into a 5 year deal;
  • Did "okay" at PSG (although also didn't win the league in his 1st season)
  • He has a good win-rate, but nothing special give he was also at PSG who are expected to win most matches

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Still, Pochettino is a top, top manager. Bound to make any player shine. He has won.......er.......one ligue 1 and one french cup.........with PSG

By comparison Brendan Rogers has won only, er.... 7 trophies with Celtic and one with Leicester...

Oh well. Think of the potential. Poch is only, 51 and Rogers is, er....50.

:facepalm:
I was writing my comment on Poch whilst you were writing yours. I completely agree

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I can't understand this media love in for Poch. Did OK with Southampton then Spurs but blow the CL final
This is a REALLY bad take, tbh. Getting a bang average Spurs team INTO a Champions League Final was a huge achievement, whatever happened when they got there. He had a CM of Winks and Sissoko FFS!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
This is a REALLY bad take, tbh. Getting a bang average Spurs team INTO a Champions League Final was a huge achievement, whatever happened when they got there. He had a CM of Winks and Sissoko FFS!
Agreed. Against the narrative on here, I think Poch did a really good job both at Southampton and Spurs. At Spurs he had to suffer virtually no incomings for several windows while all around rivals were spending big. I think he was an idiot to go to PSG because that was a vanity project for the petrogarchs who wanted 'galacticos'. Poch's problem is that Boehly has instigated another vanity project. It might turn out to be genius in five years time and everyone will be dishing out 8 year deals to 20yos but somehow it seems highly unlikely.

Louis MacNeice

Dec 7, 2015
Yeah the museums and restaurants and stuff. We know.
Yep and Liverpool being a well known cultural desert (irony alert for the hard of thinking) would have impacted so heavily on his agent, his own sense of familial obligation, various parasites...follow the money and you'll find the answer. Rocket science it is not.

Cheers - Louis MacNeice

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here