Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New BBQ Gas or charcoal

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
bottled gas is better for the environment and all that mate.....i mean where do you get your charcoal from ....Bangladesh..?

But gas won't give you the same taste sorry. I can be cooking over coals in 20 minutes from lighting

And my charcoal comes from either my local farm shop made 20 miles away or my major supplier is in Sussex using UK woodland

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
But gas won't give you the same taste sorry. I can be cooking over coals in 20 minutes from lighting

And my charcoal comes from either my local farm shop made 20 miles away or my major supplier is in Sussex using UK woodland

we bbq 4 or 5 nights of the week during the summer so a charcoal fire every day isn't really an option , i'll grant you that charcoal does give a slightly better flavour but a well used gas barbie will also give your food a nice bit of flavour too.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Already have an Outback 6 Burner but it’s a pain to keep clean and gas doesn’t compete with charcoal for the end product taste. Gas can be more convenient if using a couple of times a week.

I’ve recently bought an Oil drum charcoal BBQ which does the job, which will be the preference for weekly use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Already have an Outback 6 Burner but it’s a pain to keep clean and gas doesn’t compete with charcoal for the end product taste. Gas can be more convenient if using a couple of times a week.

I’ve recently bought an Oil drum charcoal BBQ which does the job, which will be the preference for weekly use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we have a fire pit for special occasions and can spit roast a pig or lamb of about 18 kgs , it's an all day affair and we're all usually toned by the time we eat , just get a wire brush and some water , give the grill and hot plate a scrub for a few seconds , keep the gas on for a few minutes and then wipe it all down with an old tee shirt ( cotton) when it has cooled down sufficiently, a surgically clean bbq is not the idea....:wink:

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
we bbq 4 or 5 nights of the week during the summer so a charcoal fire every day isn't really an option , i'll grant you that charcoal does give a slightly better flavour but a well used gas barbie will also give your food a nice bit of flavour too.

I also fire up 4/5 times a week . If your using decent fuel just close all the vents and let the coals go out. Next day give em a shake and relight with new coals if needed.

Trotty

Feb 22, 2012
Just got one of these which uses both ,has separate trays for charcoal which you heat up with the gas so far it is very good IMG_20220612_073720.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Weber kettle charcoal for me. Essential item is meat thermometer. Hand held or fixed probe (I use for meat joints or with my rotisserie unit). Knowing internal meat temps is solution to under or over cooked food. Also, I did the Weber BBQ course at a local garden centre (great fun) which covers gas, charcoal, and smokers cooking stuff you'd never think of.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here