Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New BBQ Gas or charcoal

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Charcoal if you have time, Gas for the convenience. Me, I prefer gas, but then I'm lazy. Took my Weber Gas BBQ out of the garage last weekend and cooked a whole chook on it - lush it was.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Why not just cook the meat properly on an electric or gas cooker. Whenever I have chicken from a barbecue either friends, relatives or even commercial ones it has never been cooked right through slightly pink in the middle and crisp outside unless part pre cooked in an oven. Perhaps I have been unlucky.

Correct.
I never eat chicken from a BBQ or sausages, either raw or cremated.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Neither.

We don't have enough decent weather to invest in a decent BBQ

Cook it indoors, eat it outside.

Miserable ******* me.

Not miserable, just sensible.
Only BBQ I use is one from the supermarket so that we can sit on a beach or cliff, make a nice steak sandwich and watch the sun go down with a bottle of wine (if we get the weather)

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
gas all day long

by the time the charcoal is ready,I'd be to pissed to cook anything

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Why not just cook the meat properly on an electric or gas cooker. Whenever I have chicken from a barbecue either friends, relatives or even commercial ones it has never been cooked right through slightly pink in the middle and crisp outside unless part pre cooked in an oven. Perhaps I have been unlucky.

maybe they are trying to poison you? Idea of BBQ is to cook slow and not direct over heat( to start with) then the food will cook properly. Put it straight over heat the outside will burn and the inside be red.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
From the comfort of my window box i prefer these 5 sausage little beauties

40519d1332913535-micro-bbqs-hy13171.jpg

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
maybe they are trying to poison you? Idea of BBQ is to cook slow and not direct over heat( to start with) then the food will cook properly. Put it straight over heat the outside will burn and the inside be red.

So for the ignorant lijke me how do you cook a piece of chicken slowly when the heat is all around on a charcoal BBQ, gas is quite easy just like the cooker indoors

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So for the ignorant lijke me how do you cook a piece of chicken slowly when the heat is all around on a charcoal BBQ, gas is quite easy just like the cooker indoors

The way i do it is to create a part of the bbq with less or even no charcoal, allowing you to control the temperature to which you subject the meat. It then allows me to cycle the meat from hot to cool zones and get a good slow cook where needed with things like chicken or pork but quicker if needed for beef etc.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The way i do it is to create a part of the bbq with less or even no charcoal, allowing you to control the temperature to which you subject the meat. It then allows me to cycle the meat from hot to cool zones and get a good slow cook where needed with things like chicken or pork but quicker if needed for beef etc.
This is why the Weber kettle is such a good BBQ. Dead easy to do this.

MF'84

A load of Bolanos
Jul 26, 2012
Derbyshire
The correct answer to this annual question will always be: Charcoal.

One of probably not many things that technology will never improve upon.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
How can you BBQ Nando's marinated Chicken breasts on gas? It's wrong! Charcoal all the way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here