Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New and Very New NSC Members

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Joined Oct 2011 , read the threads for ages then moved to Czech Republic in August 2011 and joined to keep in touch really , still go to many games , Boro will be number 18 , first game was 1967 . So no , not just jumped on the bandwagon .:albion2:

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I used to have an account years ago. But in the end I couldn't go to football due to work commitments and other events in my life caused me to become almost reclusive. I have always supported the Albion, I was the one who gave Krispies his name back in the day. But I have read the forum for a long time, and decided to join up again for information related to disabled supporters.

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Bit off more than you can chew?

Chill son... don;t take it personally... no one is having a go... just noticed a lot of new 2011 and 2012 members and i was wondering why the sudden influx... and a few people have answered it maturally... Checking up on the progress of the amex, chatting to people about the site etc etc...

It's all i am Acker no need to be a keyboard warrior

...er calling people superficial implies criticism. I have been supporting Brighton for years (early '70s) but recently joined to get tickets because I have never been a season ticket holder and the upsurge in interest has made it difficult to get tickets for the games. I welcome all newcomers to the matches and the forum...spread the gospel

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
I have followed the albion since the early seventies (Goldstone-Gillingham-Withdean-Amex, with 3 trips to Wembley and one to the Millenium) Have a computer at home but hardly ever use it, suppose I am a bit of a Luddite as I don't even like to have a mobile phone and only use one for work. Never had the opportunity to go on NSC at work before, but changed job last summer and do have free time on work computer, so I registered on NSC. Must admit that I did get a bit addicted to NSC to start with and was probably using to much at work, now use it a bit more sparingly. I do find that there is a large cross section of differing views and comments which I find interesting but there are also some right old plonkers that post on here ( bit like life in general).

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
...er calling people superficial implies criticism. I have been supporting Brighton for years (early '70s) but recently joined to get tickets because I have never been a season ticket holder and the upsurge in interest has made it difficult to get tickets for the games. I welcome all newcomers to the matches and the forum...spread the gospel

I did say further up i shouldnt have written superficial.. However be interesting to see the registered user stats since NSC began [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
For those who care/are interested.

February 2011
344,517 Visits
95,090 Unique Visitors
2,783,018 Pageviews

February 2012
486,572 Visits (+41%)
115,510 Unique Visitors (+21%)
4,263,220 Pageviews (+53%)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I did say further up i shouldnt have written superficial.. However be interesting to see the registered user stats since NSC began [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] ?

I might take a look later tonight, although I know I've done one or two culls at various points (of people who registered and never proceeded to use the registration) so I'm not sure how that would influence things.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I might take a look later tonight, although I know I've done one or two culls at various points (of people who registered and never proceeded to use the registration) so I'm not sure how that would influence things.

Sorry i keep giving you loadsa data requests haha

be interesting to have a graph showing the number if registered users for each month since the new vbulletin in jul 2003...

Place bets on the busiest months of registration

stroller

Jun 24, 2011
Had an account years ago, but got fed up with it (the forum, not the albion) because so much rubbish posted on here. So many posters seem to get very upset by other peoples opinions and that used to annoy me but now it makes me laugh.

Re-signed up recently, and post occasionally but probably read it every day and about 50 times a day during the transfer window - must admit thats when it comes into its own for entertainment value.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
I was a member on the BBC forum (Brighton board) and posted on there for years. Only when it shut down I found NSC and joined pretty much straight away.

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne

Hi Bozza, completey off topic but just noticed that NSC are an hour out. Naughty boy you havn't put the NSC clock forward yet:)

Edit: Blimey either I'm going mad or it changed as I posted !

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
Isn't that your own pc settings?

No it was the times listed as posted on NSC, I had changed the PC setting yesterday. I could have just imagined it though, as after I posted I noticed that the time was correct.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I have noticed a huge number of new memebers on NSC that have registered over the last few months....

Are people really that superficial that they are only interested in Brighton now they are 4th and have a new ground?

Why didn't you guys register years before?

Just curious....not a dig

Sorry super fan f***ing hell :facepalm:

And I registered back in 2008 under a different account.

Does it really matter when you sign up to an internet forum? It doesn't make you anymore superior.

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
I registered a few years back but as I had a little baby then, never went on. Then forgot my details and my email has changed so finally re registered last year as I have a little more time now that the kids are a little bit older. Its not an indication of fan worthyness when you registered on NSC. I did Gillingham / West Ham. Now enjoying the success. Equally I welcome all of the new fans who have only recently got on board. Hopefully some of them will hang on in there and see out the ride. If we only had the old fans, our stadium would be looking pretty empty and we wouldn't have much of a future. Surely as a previous poster has said - the more the merrier.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Sorry super fan f***ing hell :facepalm:

And I registered back in 2008 under a different account.

Does it really matter when you sign up to an internet forum? It doesn't make you anymore superior.

Missing the point... Yea everyone one is a super duper fan.... but why suddenly join up now... That's all im asking...

i registered a few years back but as i had a little baby then, never went on. Then forgot my details and my email has changed so finally re registered last year as i have a little more time now that the kids are a little bit older. Its not an indication of fan worthyness when you registered on nsc. I did gillingham / west ham. Now enjoying the success. Equally i welcome all of the new fans who have only recently got on board. Hopefully some of them will hang on in there and see out the ride. If we only had the old fans, our stadium would be looking pretty empty and we wouldn't have much of a future. Surely as a previous poster has said - the more the merrier.

Story declined:moo: NEXT!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here