Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New and Very New NSC Members

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Not a Brighton fan myself, but always looked out for their results. Since the move to the Amex and a friends company purchasing a few 1901 seats it's meant I've managed to go to most of the home games this season. I was at the game against Liverpool and someone had asked me about the rivalry with Palace and why it existed, and I didn't know. So I decided to research a bit about the history and whilst poking around the internet found this forum so decided to read around. Just joined up so I could watch any posts I was interested in.

Have to say I've become rather fond of the team and this forum so stuck around.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Registered in 2005 from another address (work) but never got in to it,was spent having lots of fun on the old BBC 606 (preface-ALL TERRACED- lifted version) and then did not have computer access for a while,but i remember the old NSC format and did not like this NEWER version at the time of it's release but now i love it(over 4000 posts since last April-mostly nonsense of course)..

My only regret was not joining earlier-

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
As there is an obvious simple answer to your question OP, all this thread is really saying is that you disapprove of people who have become more interested in the albion since their upturn in fortunes. Well that's natural. They have become a greater source of pleasure so people are more likely to pursue their interest in the team. No they wouldn't be here without the new stadium and (relatively speaking, phenomenal) recent success.

I find this kind of elitist sentiment (however much you are at pains to deny it) slightly odd from someone with a tottenham club crest as their avatar.

LOOK AT ME cried the OP, and LO, they did. And there was much wailing and bellowing and gnashing of teeth and the soul of the new/returning fans went away weeping across the marshes.

Sorry, but you are behaving like a hypocrite in my view.

Oh and I suppose I'll join in with all the other fans who you have compelled to self-justify their presence here... I joined when my interest in albion and awareness to search for more fulfilling Albion banter and discussion dovetailed in a spectacular blaze of technocratic glory, bringing me here from 606 which was, frankly, titwank. Like this thread.

More people are following the club because they are becoming a more appealing prospect. Because they are better. If you don't like that because it seems shallow, then perhaps it is, but I think a lot of the time people who have at last found their local team because of this, will stay fans now whether the comparative recent success is maintained or improved upon or not. Once the local team are in the blood, that's it in my opinion. Put down previous affinity with PL teams to youthful/blind excesses and welcome everyone to the fold or stand in the club's way.

Last edited:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Hi everyone,
I am Camron.Hope you all are fine.I am newbie in this forum.I am working in a small industry as a manager .I have some problems that i am facing and want to discussed here.Hope have a nice discussion here.

Go away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here