Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mwepu

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Whats really dangerous is that many of these African preachers or "prophets" as they like to call themselves claim they can cure diseases like AIDS, and their followers believe them and some even attest that theyve been cured.

This shit is big business in large parts of Africa and is quite mainstream. These preachers are feted by politicians and heads of state. Many of them are multi millionaires..

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Well look. Similar concerns would have been expressed around Christian Erikson, but he's back and playing, thankfully without incident.

I personally believe no club will take Enock on without full medical clearance. And for the main reason that they won't be able to get any insurance on him until he does.

Whether he's approaching it from a religious point of view, it won't make a difference, clubs won't be able to take him back without that clean bill of health.
What are you talking about?????
Last we heard - he was training the Under 9's
Scary scary stuff

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Take him on as a player, is what I meant
I don't think any clubs had doubts about taking on Eriksen, other than that it was unclear how his time away had affected him as a player.

It was clear rather early that Eriksen was likely to be able to go on (similar to Daley Blind and a few others who had pacemakers installed) whereas for Mwepu it didn't take many days after returning before it was decided that "you ain't playing football with that heart".

Eriksen has since then played elite football without any - as far as we know - issues of any sort, while Mwepu suffered more issues only a few months ago.

Biggest difference between Eriksen and Mwepu in terms of someone taking him on as a player is that Eriksen can say "the best and most expensive surgeons on this planet says there's no problems for me playing football again" while Mwepu can only say "some rather expensive surgeons and doctors says I should absolutely not play any football, however this rural Zambian vodoo-dude says I'm all good". One of those answers will likely make clubs feel it is worth signing the player while the other answer will make them call for security.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't think any clubs had doubts about taking on Eriksen, other than that it was unclear how his time away had affected him as a player.

It was clear rather early that Eriksen was likely to be able to go on (similar to Daley Blind and a few others who had pacemakers installed) whereas for Mwepu it didn't take many days after returning before it was decided that "you ain't playing football with that heart".

Eriksen has since then played elite football without any - as far as we know - issues of any sort, while Mwepu suffered more issues only a few months ago.

Biggest difference between Eriksen and Mwepu in terms of someone taking him on as a player is that Eriksen can say "the best and most expensive surgeons on this planet says there's no problems for me playing football again" while Mwepu can only say "some rather expensive surgeons and doctors says I should absolutely not play any football, however this rural Zambian vodoo-dude says I'm all good". One of those answers will likely make clubs feel it is worth signing the player while the other answer will make them call for security.
Are you putting modern science ahead of tin-hat mumbo jumbo? Do you have the same attitude to all 'alternative' (to) medicine or just the Zambian-voodoo type?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Are you putting modern science ahead of tin-hat mumbo jumbo? Do you have the same attitude to all 'alternative' (to) medicine or just the Zambian-voodoo type?
Modern science works well for the rich, such as Mwepu. No doubts about that.

In other cases I'm more sceptical. The powers that be has spent a lot of effort and money to put me in a grave prematurely so when they offer me something for free - like a vaccine - I'll be more doubtful.

There's probably things in African witchcraft that are overlooked and could be quite useful. Not going to call it mumbo-jumbo; feck do I know if my 'inner spirits' can be healed through some dude pushing me to the floor? But I have little doubt that solving a pretty mechanical issue, like the heart, could be done more efficiently with the help of modern tools.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I would never disrespect anyones beliefs however when you are playing with someones life then it’s a different matter Enoch if you are reading this please go and get proper medical advice and treatment this man is playing on your loss of being a professional athlete by telling you a falsehood that could result in loosing your life, your wife becoming a widower and children fatherless while thousands of Brighton fans dreadfully sad.
with a pacemaker fitted you can expect to have a long healthy life maybe that’s the challenge set for you one where you find how you can lead a fulfilling life for the good of others

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
In 2015 Sfisco Ncwane a 36 year old South African gospel singer was "healed" by a preacher called Francis Anosike after suffering problems with his heart. He rewarded the preacher by buying him a 1.9million rand (£86,00) car.

A year later in 2016 Ncwane died aged 37.

He moves in mysterious ways indeed.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
He moves in mysterious ways indeed.

Nothing mysterious about paying a shed load of dosh to some slick, oily charlatan for some mumbo jumbo.

Still you can hardly ask for a refund once you've kicked the bucket.

Wonder how much Mwepu's Miracle cost him?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here