Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mwepu

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Was he not given a defibrillator like Erikkson?

Best wishes to him, obviously
Different condition I think? I'm sure I read that a defibrillator wouldn't solve whatever the issue us but I have no knowledge or expertise at all. When my father had a fatal heart attack, the doctor said it was gone in a way that he couldn't have been revived. I don't know what Enock's issue is but maybe he's similarly screwed. 24 is no age at all though, what a real shame.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Hear hear! This is terrible news for him and his family. So hope he is ok.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Different condition I think? I'm sure I read that a defibrillator wouldn't solve whatever the issue us but I have no knowledge or expertise at all. When my father had a fatal heart attack, the doctor said it was gone in a way that he couldn't have been revived. I don't know what Enock's issue is but maybe he's similarly screwed. 24 is no age at all though, what a real shame.
OK, well it won't be a 'heart attack' (ischaemic heart) disease though. He's far too young. It has to be cardiomyopathy, and the sudden collapse has to be ventricular fibrillation (VF), so an ICD has to be the solution. You don't have a 'heart attack' (sudden collapse) if it isn't VF, unless it is a cardiac rupture (you can rule that out -that's a one way ticket) or a burst aneurysm (you can rule that out too - Gabbi Yorath's brother had one of those).

Maybe he was waiting for an ICD to be implanted?

(In you dad's case, as in my dad's case, he was in VF too long for any sort of defibrillation to get the brain to recover. Loss of blood supply to the brain (as happens in VF) will cause irreversible brain damage in 3-5 minutes at room temperature. The only folk who survive this for any length of time are those who tumble into icy water. It has happened. Sorry for your loss, and RIP my old man too.)

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Hearing this knocks you bandy , so sorry for him and his family , hopefully they can fix and control this so there is no recurrence . All the best big guy 🙏

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Fingers crossed for the best, ie a full recovery. LOst my step Dad to a failed valve last summer, still a bit sore. He was over 50 years older though, Enocks' inning has barely started . . .

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
OK, well it won't be a 'heart attack' (ischaemic heart) disease though. He's far too young. It has to be cardiomyopathy, and the sudden collapse has to be ventricular fibrillation (VF), so an ICD has to be the solution. You don't have a 'heart attack' (sudden collapse) if it isn't VF, unless it is a cardiac rupture (you can rule that out -that's a one way ticket) or a burst aneurysm (you can rule that out too - Gabbi Yorath's brother had one of those).

Maybe he was waiting for an ICD to be implanted?

(In you dad's case, as in my dad's case, he was in VF too long for any sort of defibrillation to get the brain to recover. Loss of blood supply to the brain (as happens in VF) will cause irreversible brain damage in 3-5 minutes at room temperature. The only folk who survive this for any length of time are those who tumble into icy water. It has happened. Sorry for your loss, and RIP my old man too.)
There is no doubt you know more on this subject than I ever will, thank you for the detailed and thoughtful reply. Mine passed 22 years ago as I was travelling back from Shrewsbury with my son after the final game of the glorious 00/01 season. He was in good health but fell one afternoon and that was it. We never know for whom the bell tolls.
Get well soon Enock. Need you back at the Amex doing your great day job.

TNBA

TTF
In fact, no we don't. We need him to get fit and well.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
f***, justs een this. All the best Enock!

phoenix

May 18, 2009
If people actually read this link from Piltdown man it says,

"It was discover that he suffered a shock from his peacemaker, a device used to control an irregular heart rhythm. It has flexible insulated wires placed in one or chambers of the heart."

So, what came out is that his got a ka peace maker that i think was put in the heart which helps him, now it seems probably it developed a fault or it started misbehaving so it’s like it started giving him electric shocks to the heart, so. That doctor said its not really a cardiac arrest but it’s likr more of fear. Because of the electric shock,” the source said.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
If people actually read this link from Piltdown man it says,

"It was discover that he suffered a shock from his peacemaker, a device used to control an irregular heart rhythm. It has flexible insulated wires placed in one or chambers of the heart."

So, what came out is that his got a ka peace maker that i think was put in the heart which helps him, now it seems probably it developed a fault or it started misbehaving so it’s like it started giving him electric shocks to the heart, so. That doctor said its not really a cardiac arrest but it’s likr more of fear. Because of the electric shock,” the source said.
I've read it 3 times and don't see where it says any of that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here