Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Muzza Merger Thread (note: contains binfestery)

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
As I've got older I no longer care about all this traitor, all wrong and money rubbish. These are professionals doing their jobs and changing them when appropriate. Most players don't particularly care about fans rivalries and Gus will do what is required to achieve his ambitions in an equally professional manner. If he thinks Brighton will benefit from Murray's return then he won't hesitate.

100% this.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
IF Murray did sign, I think it would be a while before I hold him in the same esteem as when he played for us, in fact I doubt I could ever consider him the same player. He has worn the forsaken stripes, just thinking of that makes me sick to the core....

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
We know Gus is after a striker but the rumour is an ex player who scores and creates goals. Norwich have signed more midfield players such as Snodgrass and was also behind Pilkington. I'd love it!!!

Would love Benno to come back but the person who said the player scores and creates goals also added 10 minutes later that the player who we are signing has an 'A' in their name which rules out Elliot Bennett :(

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Either Murray or BZ would be fine by me.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Nope! Until it happens it might not happen (for various reason) and I don't want to either jinx it or be accused of being the reason it didn't happen.

The same person gave me Crofts weeks before anybody else had a real clue.

I can say that previously negotiations would cease somewhat for match preparation, but Gus now trust the set up and is happy for this to continue without him, whilst he prepares the team. Something therefore might happen soon.

Would it prejudice the transfer to answer one or more of the following:

Premiership experience?
A former Albion player (as suggested by moose)?
Has/Has not been speculated about here before?

Just to keep things interesting?

Either way, thanks for this, this is mighty fun I must say. :)

If we do resign GM I will be happy with that. Same situation as Crofts for me, known quantity which on the one hand is less exciting, on the other hand is reassuring.

Fun times.

EDIT: Just noticed you said it's not Murray you are talking about, kool beans.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Very few transfers go through on a Sunday.

knuckles

Feb 12, 2004
Burgess Hill
IF Murray did sign, I think it would be a while before I hold him in the same esteem as when he played for us, in fact I doubt I could ever consider him the same player. He has worn the forsaken stripes, just thinking of that makes me sick to the core....

Do you think gus or the club worries about how you feel? It's a business and whatever suits the progression of the club is the only thing that matters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here